• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KCPD shoots dog checking a false alarm.

OC for ME

The experience of the cops, in that area, may have had some small influence on their perception of pets in that area.

It does appear that it could have been a regular home at some point in the past. It may be a multi-unit house at this point.

It is definitely a diamond in the rough.

gunns

Control your dogs. There is no argument in this really if a dog attacks or appears to attack for no reason you have a right to protect yourself. The LEO's were only coming by to make sure everything was ok. Actually kind of nice of them, but then after killing the dog I could just hear them say "Lets get the hell out of here".

I have been attacked by dogs on three occasions and the dogs in all three tried to bite me, one going for my wrist and the other my throat. Two of the attacks were turned by me kicking the dog as hard as I could.

The one attack that went for my throat, I have no idea what happened, I was about 10 years old and jumped this fence playing hide and seek, someone new to the neighborhood had moved in there and they had a German Shepard that I did not know about. It jumped right at me for my throat. Next thing I remembered I was on the other side of the fence looking at him barking and spitting. I had a tear in my shirt right next to my neck but not even a scratch. I have no idea how I got away or over the fence, its like someone reached down and pulled me out of there. All I remember was looking at that mouth with all those teeth and it was only a foot away from ripping my throat out, then poof, I was safe.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

If the 15 foot mark is the acceptable mark to shoot a dog that is barking and running then there are MANY MANY dogs I should have shot then.

Growing up, I clobbered one neighbor's dog with my walking staff because it had shown up in our yard again to try and fight with our German Shepard Dog, who was a sweet girl, again.

Out hiking there are idiots who let their dog run loose out of their back yards and I have had them come after my dogs and I. I sent my dogs ahead and took up the rear, throwing rocks at the aggressors, and had to draw at one point because the rocks did not deter them. I never once shot them.

As for sending the dog out of the house. It makes sense. Trying to check the house while a dog is bumping making noise is not easy. Part of clearing a house is listening for the movement of another body, it's not all visual.