• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this poll to repeal one handgun a Month law in VirginiaMonth

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Keep the law in effect. 4% (29 votes)

Repeal it. 96% (769 votes)

Total Votes: 798

All we need is the next 31 voters to vote "Repeal it" to move up to 97%!!

(.96501809, rounded up)

Gotta keep hitting this poll!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

There are actually 0 comments on this poll. Thought for sure I'd find some anti ranting.

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Keep the law in effect. 4% (29 votes)

Repeal it. 96% (777 votes)

Total Votes: 806

Oh, baby. We're movingup!

Now at 96.401985%
:celebrate

HITthis poll! Now!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sccrref wrote:
Mike wrote:
sccrref wrote:
I do not think that the 1 per month applies to private sales.
Yesd it does, see plain language of Va. Code Section 18.2-308.2:2.
I stand corrected. I still fail to see how they can realistically enforce this for private sales.
The law could end up "biting" someone in a number of ways.

Don't you keep a record of from whom you purchase and when in case there is a problem down the road? It could be problematic to withhold that data and still benefit from its protection - example the guns were reported stolen earlier from a third party or used in a crime.

Likely you would be easily exonerated of guilt in the theft or misuse of the guns, but charged and probably convicted of illegal multiple purchases.

I am sure that there are other ways this could come to light; notwithstanding that we should always follow the law.

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Keep the law in effect picked up 2 votes, now totaling 31 votes!

13.gif

Bastards!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Making a comeback...

Keep the law in effect. 4% (32 votes)

Repeal it. 96% (835 votes)

Total Votes: 867

Now at 96.309112%

since9 wrote:
Bump - we slipped to 96.228. Time to clear your browser cache and hit the poll again...

Wouldn't that be cheating, S9?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dukenukum wrote:
Yet another attempt to remove liberty.

You may have misread the proposal, DN.

The idea is to repeal the law which prohibits buying more than one gun a month.

It's a good thing.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Im glad they are getting rid of this crap. The cops cause more harm than good by robbing folks anyhow. It takes a gang to rob you because you broke some rule they made up. Like not stopping in the middle of nowhere, or going too fast. What the heck is too fast anyhow? One person can do one thing safely while another cant, depending on many factors like equipment, stress, experience, tiredness, and so on. If people diddnt have to look for a cruiser so they diddnt get robbed, then they would be paying more attension to their driving for one, and if they call 911 for a real crime, they wouldnt have to wait as long to get a cop to actually do their job.