• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kent PD encounter

MetalChris

imported post

David.Car wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Self check out lines never ask for ID!
I hate those things. They never scan properly, they keep yelling at you to place the item in a bag, even if it is already in the bag. If you buy an R rated movie you still have to wait for someone to notice you and come over and enter a code...

Those machines suck.
I :lol::lol:when I see that happen. I've been using self check-out for about 5 years now almost exclusively, and have had maybe 5 problems with it. ;)

David.Car

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
I :lol::lol:when I see that happen. I've been using self check-out for about 5 years now almost exclusively, and have had maybe 5 problems with it. ;)
After the very first experience with them I won't even get in line for them unless all the cashier lanes are packed and the autos are empty. Even then, there has been a couple times when the cashier lanes still went through much faster.