• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Barnes & Noble an hour ago (potomac yard)!

AbNo

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Calling you out ????  You can ping on me and my friends, but when I return the volley with a reasonable response and you don't like it, you think it's calling you out ???  How old are you anyway??  I'm 57 and haven't "called anyone out" since High School....  I invited you to join us at our dining out on Saturday evening - nothing more......geesh.....

I'd say he called himself out. :lol:

unrequited

imported post

I removed the original video link because it doens't add much, but bandwidth to the story, and plus I got VA-ALERT'ed 'causing a massive spike in traffic heh. I did however take a photo of the Harry Potter photo I took, but I warn you, me & my g/f look VERY geeky in it thanks to the free potter glasses... or at least that's my excuse. > )

harry_potter_carry.jpg

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

danbus wrote:
...SNIP
When did flexing rights become schoolyard?

When people in this discussion started listening to the village idiot. When he OC's for the first time, or just once actually does more than pay lip service to supporting individual rights, then his comments might have value. Until then just ignore him and move on. Every forum has an idiot and he is ours.

Regards

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I removed the original video link because it doens't add much, but bandwidth to the story, and plus I got VA-ALERT'ed 'causing a massive spike in traffic heh. I did however take a photo of the Harry Potter photo I took, but I warn you, me & my g/f look VERY geeky in it thanks to the free potter glasses... or at least that's my excuse. > )

Just goes to show how very threatening you looked. No wonder the Alexandria police were concerned :lol:

67GT390FB

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
Again, my chief concern is that reactionary shows of force will yield reactionary legislation barring OC.
You weren't there. Danbus and Reverend73 are our friends, and also Chet, whomet up with us after we ate and told us about HIS harrassment the month before. We wanted to see - first hand - exacty where they were harrassed. So how can you say it was a "reactionary show of force"? 8 people (five carrying)is a force?? What would you call the huge number of people that showed upat theManassas City Council meeting? An invasion?? By the way, 4 of us from Tidewater were there in Manassas - were you?

It was done more out of curiosity than anything else, to better understand the situation our friends found themselves in. By the way, my previous observation (in another thread) stands: It seems like this type ofpolice officer likes to pick on INDIVIDUALS (the intimidation factor is easier) rather than a GROUP of people - too many witnesses. Thank goodnessthis type of LEOare few in numbers.

You don't list your city, are you in Tidewater? If so, see you on Saturday evening at Primo's Pizza.
Almost sounds like you're calling me out.

I really don't care to further this discussion. We have different opinions on how to react.
Calling you out ????You can ping on me and my friends, but when I return the volley with a reasonable response and you don't like it,you think it's calling you out??? How old are you anyway?? I'm 57 and haven't "called anyone out" since High School.... I invited you to join us at our dining out on Saturday evening - nothing more......geesh.....
um i think you two need to agree to disagree. i met doug at our last open carry dinner in richmond and found out i already knew him through my former business(small world huh) i'd guess doug is between 40-50.

paramedic70002

imported post

unrequited wrote:
I'm laying low on this because a little birdy told me there's a fungus amongst us. Some interesting people on the VA-ALERT is all I'll say. More later... lots later.
Come on now, you can't just leave us hanging like that!

Spill the beans!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

unrequited wrote:
I'm laying low on this because a little birdy told me there's a fungus amongst us. Some interesting people on the VA-ALERT is all I'll say. More later... lots later.
Any update yet on this case? Or still under wraps?

XCon

imported post

That's messed up the way Alexandria cop handled the situation, i had few complaints from my buddy who was disarmed by alexandria cop at night time and he was working security and was in uniform even. Still they disarmed and checked his serial number. Was the sgt white?

unrequited

imported post

All's said and done as of Dec. 31st... I just forgot to post and update this thread.

I have a semi-apologetic letter from Chief David Baker of APD concerning the incident and notification that there will be further training for the department concerning open carrying of firearms, as well as specific notification and assurance that Sergeant Mucci specifically has been "ordered additional training ... on dealing with difficult situations in order to prevent future incidents of this nature".

I'm happy with the outcome and don't wish to persue it futher, but I'm assuming all these new training bulletins / policy are subject to FOIA if anybody has the time & effort now I've piqued their curiosity.

I'm actually quite glad that since the summer of those two incidents in Old Town and mine just north, it's been relatively quiet in the Alexandria area... just gotta work on that little bit just west of here. > )