• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kirby cleaners- door to door: scam, or potential threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Herr Heckler Koch

The salesmens' asking price will start at about $2K and they will push each piece as an added cost extra. The whole thing can be had for a bit over $1K. Consumer Reports rates it highly and notes the strongarm tactics.

loic

I think you did well, if your guts are telling you something is fishy then something is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

eye95

Always be cautious about individuals selling stuff door to door, as a number are rip-off artists. Aside from Girl Scouts attempting to get individuals hooked on diabolically addicting cookies, there are a number of door-to-door scams out there.

First post is a necropost???

I am now as suspicious of you as the first poster was of the SP. In both cases, being suspicious is wise.

Prove me wrong. Please.

MKEgal

DavidP, welcome aboard.
Try to ignore the curmudgeon.

eye95 said:
First post is a necropost???
With posts from other members also today, prior to that on the 17th, 9th, 7th...
Hardly a necropost.

j4l said:
had not been the least bit deterred by my 75lb pit bull growling and baring its teeth at them, nor at the sight of an armed individual telling them to step back from my gate - which, btw they were attempting to open and waltz on in.
Let 'em. First, the dog will take pieces out of them, then if they're still being stupid they can get more pieces punched out in whatever caliber you prefer.

j4l said:
Even the bogus "flyer" ad they showed me, but were unwilling to let me keep
Stick it in your pocket.
What are they going to do, open the fence & let the dog take pieces out of them, and invade the space of an armed citizen?

eye95

Hardly a necropost???

Check out the date of the post before his. His post is the very definition of a necropost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Status
Not open for further replies.