• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap Credit Union posts doors

gregma

imported post

joeroket wrote:
I concede this one. I found this statment after looking at case law. I think the bold words spell it out pretty clear. Gregma and ExpVideo, Thanks for arguing it made me research into it and find myself wrong, which in this case is a good thing.
I think this was an important discussion for all sides involved!

joeroket

imported post

gregma wrote:
joeroket wrote:
I concede this one. I found this statment after looking at case law. I think the bold words spell it out pretty clear. Gregma and ExpVideo, Thanks for arguing it made me research into it and find myself wrong, which in this case is a good thing.
I think this was an important discussion for all sides involved!
I couldn't agree more.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Gregma,

:lol:Heck, if you know of a well paying job that allows one to carry, that takes 40+ year old out-of-shape men, I'm all ears!

if you get a tanktop and a 45...........:lol::lol::lol:

Jim

gregma

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Gregma,

:lol:Heck, if you know of a well paying job that allows one to carry, that takes 40+ year old out-of-shape men, I'm all ears!

if you get a tanktop and a 45...........:lol::lol::lol:

Jim
Yeah, but I don't have "nice tits". :(

heresolong

imported post

So just to keep the fun going, here is a hypothetical.

You go into your credit union or bank. They have it posted "No firearms". They ask you to leave. You inform them that you are there to close your accounts due to their no firearms policy. What if they don't let you close your accounts so long as you are standing there with a firearm? As soon as you don't leave you are trespassing. So the "I refuse to come into your business without my firearm" prohibits you from taking your business elsewhere.

Just for thinking about and laughing about.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

heresolong wrote:

You go into your credit union or bank. They have it posted "No firearms". They ask you to leave. You inform them that you are there to close your accounts due to their no firearms policy. What if they don't let you close your accounts so long as you are standing there with a firearm? As soon as you don't leave you are trespassing. So the "I refuse to come into your business without my firearm" prohibits you from taking your business elsewhere.

It is an interesting scenario. Maybe the account-holder insisted on charging the bank's rep with theft for failing to close the account and produce the cash, eh?

Lots of absurd things can happen when people are stubborn and act like children.

In the Kitsap case, though, all you'd have to do is cover up the gun and go concealed--then close out your account. Any reasonablegun carrierwould do that.

Wouldn't he? ;)

gregma

imported post

heresolong wrote:

What *I* would do.

You bet! Please close my accounts and give me the money in them and I'll be happy to leave and never come back.

If they pressed. I'd walk outside, put my firearm in it's safe in the car, come back in and then close out all accounts.

If they still won't allow me to close the accounts, go to the next branch, close out the accounts and call corporate.

Actually I'd call corporate in all cases to let them know why I will not be banking with them any longer.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I had recently sold a house and had a very large sum of money deposited electronically in a local bank. (6 figures) I went in to withdraw enough to purchase a new car for my wife, and was told I could only withdraw $xxx per day. I closed the account and requested a bank draft made out to another bank. They refused, so I withdrew $500.00, went to a different bank and opened a new account, then wrote a check for the balance for deposit to the new account. One very happy banker and one very angry banker.

I got a lot of phone calls from W ...aw never mind which bank it was.

Jim:celebrate

BluesBear

imported post

I discovered that if I lean against my walker*while standing in the middle of the lobby at a busy bank (I won't say the name but it rhymes with Fells Wargo) around lunchtime,look around sort of wide eyed,and exclaim in astrong, but not yelling, confused sounding voice, "But why won't you give me MY money? All I want is MY money so why won't THEY give it to me? Don't you have OUR money here? So why can't I have MY Money. It's only $X. You'd think a place this big would have $X wouldn't you. WHY won't they give me MY money?", all of the bank officers wil come out of their offices and cubicles with that WTF/DITH look and soon they will usher you right up to a teller and give you your money. :DThey will even hold the door open for you as you leave.

*At the time I was still in my turtle shell brace and walking with a small hemi-walker. And since I was dressed in bib-overalls (not much else you can wear over that damn shell) I was not open carrying.

:idea:Here's an idea for a new thread. >>> What's the best holster for open carry while wearing overalls? :shock:

BluesBear

imported post

And let's face it folks. We ALL have multiple standards. Yeah, most of us wish we didn't but we do. It's basic human nature. As much as we all wish we could just do as we please when and where we please life is a series of compromises.

The real issue is how much compromising do we do?

• Are you a subject? Bowing to the wishes of those in power? Abandoning all free will?
  • Are you a sheep? Blindly followingthe herd? Incapable of deciding for yourself? Believing everything you are told?
  • Are you an ostrich? Is your hand buried in the sand? Ignoring anything unpleasant and hoping it will go away or that someone else will deal with it?
  • Are you a renegade? Ignoring all rules except your own?
  • Or are you reasonable and sensible? Do you understand that just like personal space, personal rights overlap? That there is such a thing as wise compromise?
The real hypocrisy is not the double standards WE live by it's thestandards others expect US to live by.

Life is a series of tests and battles. Every day is another set of challenges. We each must choose the paths we feel are the best for what we hope to accomplish.A lazy man picks the easiest and safest paths. A foolish man chooses all of the most difficult paths. A wise man will pick the appropriate paths for that day.

For instance: Member Xhas admitted that he disarms for his employer. Fine that' is HIS decision. Member X still has the right to say he will NOT disarm to enter such and such store. Is that hypocrisy or just a double standard? I say it's a double standard. The real hypocrisy is when Member Y criticizes Member X for disarming when Member Y has also stated that we should all respect everyones property rights.

Another example is Kesselring's Gun Shop. They have a sign on the door saying No Loaded Firearms. There are many of you on this forum that "will never disarm for anyone" so I'm sure I won't see you there. Some of you would CCW with the belief that concealed means concealed. However there areothers that will tell you that you are wrong for not respecting their rights. So, if you want to shop there someone's rights have to take a backseat. And it's up to each of us todecide. Since I have a Washington business license I buy wholesale from Kesselring's. I buy a lot from them. So I do not open carry when I go there to pick up my order. I do not like their rule. I disagree with it. But I'm not going to lose money over it.

Some days we do things one way and on other days we might do it differently. It's all a matter of personal choice. And isn't that the real reason we are on this forum? To discuss the CHOICE of openly carrying our firearms? When I signed up I don't recall seeing any mandate that says we all must carry openly all of the time. Did I miss it?

Just because one one day someone will make a stand and refuse to cover their sidearmand the next day they decide, 'what the heck' and cover itdoesn't make them a weenie. Doesn't mean that the very next day they can't make another stand. Open carry is a bigger responsibility than concealed carry. We know that and it's something that influences our decisions. Some days it's just easier to say, the heck with it I'll just carry concealed today. My best friend will NOT open carry. He just doesn't want the hassle of ever having to explain to anyone. He just stood there last week as I educated the salesman at Cabela's. HE simply looked on in amazement as I quoted the RCWs and then produced copies of the correspondence from Cabela's corporate. He told me later that he just couldn't deal with that. He would have just stammered and stuttered. It was outside of his comfort zone. So be it. But I feel sure if the balloon went up that he'd have my back (with his little six shot .380).

Some people here have met me in person. Y'all know I ain't shy. I'll stand up and say what's on my mind. But I know how to do it without getting bitchslapped in the process. Some people just aren't good under pressure. And perhaps those people should not open carry. Just as there are those out there that should not carry at all. They just do not possess the mindset.

As a rule I shop only places that allow me to open carry[suP]1[/suP]. But if the day comes that I am told that I can't I will then make the decision as to what is more important to me that day. Me carrying openly or purchasing what they sell. It's my decision and mine alone. But I'll tell you right now, there are some places that I would cover-up if I had to. Even though I personally feel that ALL of us should have the right to carry anything we wish, anywhere we wish[suP]2[/suP], anytime we wish, I understand that ain't never gonna happen. At least not in my lifetime.

If you don't agree with me fine. It's your right to disagree. And I have the right to tell you to go pound sand up your ass.

1. See Kesselring's above.
  2. The exception is what I refer to as Homesteads or Dwellings Houses, apartments, etc.where people actually live.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BluesBear wrote:
...If you don't agree with me fine. It's your right to disagree. And I have the right to tell you to go pound sand up your ass.
And the manners, too! ;)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tjschul wrote:
As a follow-up...Kitsap Credit Union has removed the "no weapons"
signs altogether.
They said they were reviewing the wording of the signs. They hadn't wanted to put the wording so boldly or stridently since they "absolutely support your right to carry [concealed]in accordance with the laws of Washington."

BluesBear

imported post

tjschul wrote:
signs altogether.

OJ

So any idea what will happen if a customer enters a branch while openly carrying? If there are now no signs then any reactions should be copacetic.

Is there now a corporate policy in place? Or is it up to the individual branches?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

kparker wrote:
tjshul or hankt,

How about a link to that?

That's what the Kitsap employee told me by phone last week. Cynthia is her name. Very nice person. Very insistent that Kitsap did not want to deny anyone's right to carry a gun. But the new signs were meant as "deterrent" for"those who would display their weapon and affect other customers."

BluesBear wrote:
tjschul wrote:
signs altogether.

So any idea what will happen if a customer enters a branch while openly carrying? If there are now no signs then any reactions should be copacetic.

Is there now a corporate policy in place? Or is it up to the individual branches?
Cynthia said he would be asked to leave. Open carry is what Kitsap is trying to prohibit.

Give 'em a call, Blues Bear. (360) 662-2000.

tjschul

imported post

Here's what they sent me:

"Thank you for your e-mail John. Per our conversation today, we do support your right to carry a concealed weapon.This sign was posted to deter the carrying of non concealed weapon.We appreciate your continued business, if you have any further questions please contact me at (360) 662-2170
Thank you,
Cynthia Smith
Contact Center Supervisor
Kitsap Credit Union"

Pretty plain their intent is to ask you to conceal your sidearm.

OJ