• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Know thine enemy...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thundar wrote:
Back to the original posting, the enemy is not Islam. That religion, like others can be used for good or for bad. Religion, like your handgun is a tool. Religion is a much stronger tool. Power hungry people use religion to gain power. Greedy people use religion to become rich. Saintly people, like Mother Teressa, use religion to help their fellow man.

There is the potential for a clash of civilizations type struggle between the West and the Islamic states. You see the clash over things such as the cartoons in Danish newspapers. The enemy will not be Islam if this happens, but those that use Islam and Christianity to gain power and wealth.
I'm going to have to seriously disagree there. I've never heard the leader of a large sect of practicing Christian say on international television that he wants to kill me and everyone I love simply because of where I was born. Moral equivalency between the radical islamicists and Christians is a non-starter. I've never seen huge demonstrations by Christians supporting Christian terrorist. Those who blow up buildings and abortion clinics and shoot doctors and other such terrible acts are disdained, discredited and scorned by the vast majority of the Christian community leaving only a very very tiny percentage of other wackos on their side. On the other hand, islamics riot in the streets by the thousands, sometimes the tens of thousands supporting their terrorists, carrying flags demanding my death. And that is not just in 3rd world countries. That is in England and France and other European countries. Certainly that is only a minority of muslims, but 120,000,000 is a HUGE minority.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree because if you don't understand by now how the jihadi movement poses a real global threat to security and standards of living and is an actual threat to our very way of life, and how the Christian faith is very much different, then I cannot write enough or quote enough evidence to change your mind on the matter.