• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kokesh arrested for holding consitutionally protected property

KRM59

Don't bother, Rugar.

He has a thorough history of rhetorical dirty tricks. He was kinda behaving himself for a while, but I see earlier today he got back onto his kick about "I'm a great patriot and you're not". And, sneering down at others. Rational debate and argument is meaningless to him--he has no intellectual integrity.

+1
I am usually very quiet and take in everyone's opinion with equal respect, But until you have picked up a Weapon and walked a post with round hitting within inches of you, your opinion of what it takes to be a Patriot carry's not weight or validity. Walking around with a Camera filming LEO's does not even qualify as a good Boy scout.

Ca Patriot

+1
I am usually very quiet and take in everyone's opinion with equal respect, But until you have picked up a Weapon and walked a post with round hitting within inches of you, your opinion of what it takes to be a Patriot carry's not weight or validity. Walking around with a Camera filming LEO's does not even qualify as a good Boy scout.

The US military hasn't fought for American freedom and liberty since WWII.

The people fighting for Americans freedom and liberty are doing so inside America and almost always it involves courtrooms and legislation, and often jail time.

I have been arrested for my efforts to make sure all Americans have the right to free press and free speech. I fight for the freedom and liberty.

I have nothing against the military or soldiers but American soldiers haven't fought for freedom and liberty since WWII.

The only people who are stealing and threatening freedom and liberty are American politicians and police. I fight them.

Al-Qaeda and the Vietnamese never threatened my freedom and liberty. Al-Qaeda threatens my safety and my life and for that they should be killed.

However, Al-Qaeda doesn't threaten or steal my constitutional rights.

KRM59

The US military hasn't fought for American freedom and liberty since WWII.

The people fighting for Americans freedom and liberty are doing so inside America and almost always it involves courtrooms and legislation, and often jail time.

I have been arrested for my efforts to make sure all Americans have the right to free press and free speech. I fight for the freedom and liberty.

I have nothing against the military or soldiers but American soldiers haven't fought for freedom and liberty since WWII.

The only people who are stealing and threatening freedom and liberty are American politicians and police. I fight them.

Al-Qaeda and the Vietnamese never threatened my freedom and liberty. Al-Qaeda threatens my safety and my life and for that they should be killed.

However, Al-Qaeda doesn't threaten or steal my constitutional rights.

And that is your opinion, to which i respect same as the other two. My post was my opinion. This is also just my opinion, all the talk of being a Patriot is all well and good, but truth be known 99% of the posters even the most vocal will comply to what ever happens. This could be for any number of reasons, mostly fear of death or losing everything they have, as in personal possessions, fear of loved ones being accosted or killed ect, and i do understand. This is where my feeling what a true Patriot come to light ( my feeling not necessarily yours). I have none of those fears, believe what you will. I am not chomping at the bit to pull the trigger, but i will not hesitate when the time comes. Call me what you will that is just me, and i will not lose a minutes sleep over it. Do you all really feel all this talk and protest over what our Government has done will make any difference? they are laughing at us. Police brutality, Government corruption, killing of our Citizens, Taking of our rights, the list goes on and on. And still we do nothing but piss and moan, lets file a petition!, lets protest, lets bitch on a forum. And still the Government continues right in our faces. Yes i am doing some of those things, namely bitching on a forum, i said i would not hesitate when the time comes i never said i was a leader. I do not have that trait, i know my limitations. I will be completely honest with you all, i do wish it would start, i really do. It would likely mean my death but that is ok, I just want to live long enough to see the people really show they are fed up and do something about it. again JMO.

ps. Following you own reasoning, the Soldiers in WWll would not qualify as patriot either. Germany nor Japan threatened to steal my constitutional rights. not at the time we entered the war, they bombed a Navel Base they did not overthrow our Government.

Last edited:

KRM59

Really? I disagree.

I can't imagine what KRM thinks of Snowden, let alone BManning.

I don't think about them, neither good nor ill. They did what they felt they must do, and i can respect that.
but neither are Patriots in my view. On the other hand neither are criminals in my view. The NSA spying,
come on we knew as did all other Countries did that it was going on, They do it also. It is just easier now with
technology.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I don't think about them, neither good nor ill. They did what they felt they must do, and i can respect that.
but neither are Patriots in my view. On the other hand neither are criminals in my view. The NSA spying,
come on we knew as did all other Countries did that it was going on, They do it also. It is just easier now with
technology.

It's unreasonable for you to expect to assign or deny "Patriot" status to others.

Snowden, for instance, claims he did what he did for the American people. Based on that, he probably loves his country. If he does, then he's definitionally a patriot, regardless of whether you care to admit it.

I love my country (though not its government). I am a Patriot. Your declarations cannot change this reality.

Are you a Patriot? Only you can answer that for yourself.

Last edited:

KRM59

It's unreasonable for you to expect to assign or deny "Patriot" status to others.

Snowden, for instance, claims he did what he did for the American people. Based on that, he probably loves his country. If he does, then he's definitionally a patriot, regardless of whether you care to admit it.

I love my country (though not its government). I am a Patriot. Your declarations cannot change this reality.

Are you a Patriot? Only you can answer that for yourself.

Where did I assign anything to anyone? I said in my view. Does not say in your view. So you would deny me my own view of who is and is not a Patriot? I have not once said your view of a Patriot was untrue to what you believe.

Last edited:

SavageOne

This is not patriotism. Jingoistic, chauvinistic nationalism, perhaps. But not patriotism.

That's not to say that military service is anti-patriotic. But it's been a long time since serving the government was the same as serving the country we all love.

And it's love of country – not service to the government which parasitizes upon it – that makes a true patriot.

I joined the military because at the time I had lived free for 18 years and wanted to pay my debt for that, and maybe give someone else the same opportunity. I did not join to serve the government. Your assertion that my sevice was simply to the government is wrong. I hope we're clear on that.

No, picking up a weapon and standing is not the only way to express patriotism. Did any of the Framers pick up a musket and fire at the British? No, they used their words and ideas to inspire others to do so. They were truly Patriots, but it was wasn't their words and ideas that defeated the British, it was those who were willing to stand the line that did that.

KRM59

I enlisted in 1969, EAOS 1975, and was retired (BRAC03 "peace dividend") in 1995 equivalent to O-6 with about a year total submerged as a civilian - a record un-matched by my few civilian peers. Rather than expend 'my' crews' man-REM budgets, I accumulated an exceptional 3 REM occupational exposure (my predecessor got very exceptional 30 REM!).

Read Operation Ivy Bells. No warshots fired but definitely patirots.

I stand corrected in that post, i did neglect to say IMO. And also being under fire would not be a prerequisite. my apologies.

SavageOne

Intentions are not always the same as their consequences.

Then that would have to include all service for everyone, both the ones you have agreed with and those you haven't. Even the partriots of the Revelatory War were serving a "government" even if only a blossoming one.

slowfiveoh

I was in the Marines for 9 months before I got a medical discharge.

Not to take anything away from you, but you didn't win any freedom or liberty in America.

The American military hasn't done that in a long time.

"OH GOD THESE SHIN SPLINTS OH NOES!"

My guess would be he dropped a plate during KP at AIT and the sheer shock and concussive force gave him some sort of adjustment disorder, tinnitus, and severe defecation.

OH WAIT, maybe he was "mad" at the current "military machine" and wanted to "show them" by being a "conscientious objector".

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...eaking-adam-kokesh-arrested-following-search/

"Last night, Herndon, VA police executed a search warrant on the home of capital gun-loader, Adam Kokesh. And according to washingtonpost.com, he was subsequently arrested, though it wasn’t because of guns. "

Some think he may be a state agent. This incident supports that theory.

However, with all the real "gun violence" in DC, this is what they're worried about? How come David Gregory gets a pass? Cops, you are helping to destroy this country. Mindless barbarians. Ve ver juz followink oderzzzz. Screw you.

What is the basis of the belief that he may be a state agent? And what does that really even mean?

Usually when idiots decide to take on the "Man" they sooner or later are going to get bent over. It is only a matter of time for the other idiots to suffer the same fate. Just like criminals they do serve a useful purpose, not only do they provide services for other needy(horny) inmates they give us court rulings that sometimes protect the rights of the honest and sane.

They all should get the "soap on a rope award" to make them feel honored for their service, and keep them from dropping the soap in the shower.:lol:

Condoning the rape of incarcerated individuals that you personally dislike and look down upon for their activism against illegal and immoral laws; why am I not surprised? If you think prison rape is funny, then you are one really nasty person. Edited because swear filter is apparently not working?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Then that would have to include all service for everyone, both the ones you have agreed with and those you haven't. Even the partriots of the Revelatory War were serving a "government" even if only a blossoming one.

That blossoming government was a very different beast from the one we have today.

My opinion is that to serve in the military today is to serve solely the government. Them's the breaks.

That's not to say all military service to any government is service solely to that government.

But our government is aggressive and parasitical. You sure ain't serving my interests by fighting for it.

Last edited:

Boatlover

Oathkeepers stand with Kokesh -- Sort of

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2013/07...aid-on-adam-kokesh-and-on-his-canceled-march/
But this raid was still over the top. Mike is spot on. The U.S. government is playing with fire. This is yet another example of police using unnecessary military assault tactics on a suspect to merely serve a warrant, that vastly increase the chances of someone being killed or severely injured. There was no hostage. This was not a case of a barricaded suspect who refused to come out. This was just an arrest. One mistake, one perceived false move by anyone who happens to be in the home, and they are shot. And bursting into an armed man’s home in the middle of the night is also a great way to get shot. Just doesn’t make any sense. They could have arrested him while he went out for a morning Starbucks, or went out for lunch or dinner. And it would have taken just a couple of detectives to conduct such an arrest on the streets. No need for a 20 man SWAT team to enter his home, in the middle of the night, where the risks to all are greatly increased. No need for an armored vehicle and helicopters. No, this makes no sense if their only concern was making a safe arrest. This was a show of force. An example. A lesson.

CUT OUT FROM ARTICLE

And this current regime is making the same mistakes the Crown made. Rather than recognizing any of the grievances of the people as legitimate, and backing off from its violations of our rights, it is doubling down on them, and asserting even more power, and using enforcement methods that increasingly make it obvious that it sees we the people as its current and future military enemy, as it treats us “As If An Enemy’s Country” – like an occupied, conquered enemy nation

bhthib3381

what war did you fight in ?

unless you fought in WWII then you didn't do squat for freedom and liberty in America.

Screw you CaP. I wore the uniform proudly for 6 years because I wanted to defend the country I love. You're comparing recording police officers to the sacrifice of our men and women in harms way in other countries?

Inflated opinion of yourself much? Lucky for you, there are people like us around. That freedom you have to call us names and degrade our sacrifices is protected by who? That's right. It's us. Go ahead and say thanks, pick up your video camera and go about your overhyped business.

OC for ME

<snip> Do you all really feel all this talk and protest over what our Government has done will make any difference? they are laughing at us. Police brutality, Government corruption, killing of our Citizens, Taking of our rights, the list goes on and on. And still we do nothing but piss and moan, lets file a petition!, lets protest, lets bitch on a forum. And still the Government continues right in our faces. Yes i am doing some of those things, namely bitching on a forum, i said i would not hesitate when the time comes i never said i was a leader. <snip>
Uh yes, all the talk and protest does make a difference. Sitting around and waiting for "it" to happen is not working to effect change.

Do you vote? Have you written a e-mail to your elected reps? Made a phone call? Do you speak of these things to your fellow citizens? Do you work with like minded citizens to effect change even if at the local and possibly state level?

If you answer no to most of these questions then keep on bellyaching and get out of the way, some of your fellow citizens can do more than one thing at a time, namely bellyache and work to effect change.

I enlisted in 1969, EAOS 1975, and was retired (BRAC03 "peace dividend") in 1995 equivalent to O-6 with about a year total submerged as a civilian - a record un-matched by my few civilian peers. Rather than expend 'my' crews' man-REM budgets, I accumulated an exceptional 3 REM occupational exposure (my predecessor got very exceptional 30 REM!)

Read Operation Ivy Bells. No warshots fired but definitely patirots.
3? I almost hit 6, but it was not my intention. Just part of the job riding fast boats for a living, no big deal. A lot of dudes got zapped just doing their job. A lot of dudes spent a lot of time underway. I got a bunch of Northern Runs under my belt, with hauling "scientists" up to the ice once or twice on the list. A hand full of Med runs, the IO a couple of times. That's why we got paid the big bucks.

Never thought I was a patriot, just a dude doing a job that most folks did not want to do. I certainly did not think I was working "for" the government even though I worked for the government.

That blossoming government was a very different beast from the one we have today.

<snip>
You got that right, way to many bureaucrats. I wonder how many bureaucrats did they have back in the day. Bureaucrats is what ruint our government.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You got that right, way to many bureaucrats. I wonder how many bureaucrats did they have back in the day. Bureaucrats is what ruint our government.

Bureaucrats ruin everything.

I've put serious thought into how to run large institutions without any such inefficiency or waste. Heck, I wouldn't think twice about pressing the "deprive all bureaucrats of their jobs" button, should one exist and be under my thumb.

sudden valley gunner

Bureaucrats ruin everything.

I've put serious thought into how to run large institutions without any such inefficiency or waste. Heck, I wouldn't think twice about pressing the "deprive all bureaucrats of their jobs" button, should one exist and be under my thumb.

Morning Star does it fairly well in California.

MKEgal

davidmcbeth said:
One does not HAVE to violate the law to attack the US constitutionality of the law...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but in order to file a lawsuit one must prove that s/he was injured by the law.
Merely speaking out against something, of course anyone can do.

Wouldn't it be great if it comes out at trial that the nut did his stunt in front of a green screen, added a background video taken somewhere in DC, and published it?