• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La Crosse and Surrounding Counties Open Carry Picnic

Max

imported post

Nothing short of OUTSTANDING Hubert. Great to see freedom lovers uniting and having a great time. You sure can make it happen.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Omg so I just remembered this story and want to share, cause I find it kind of ironic when talking about open carry picnics.

In 2006 I was deployed overseas. My first drill after I came home was in the Wisconsin Dells at a resort (at the resort because we had a big dinner with families and everything as a way to welcome us home), and was all about PowerPoints and videos for us to learn how to readjust back to our normal lifestyle.

One of them was talking about post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and how to spot somebody who may have the symptoms. It showed a video of a guy going to a family picnic, and as he got into his car, it showed him with his handgun. The video then said "Bringing a gun to a picnic is a BAD IDEA!" It repeated this statement several times.

That line has been stuck in my head for quite some time, because I always thought it was kinda funny and was thinking to myself, "duh, who would bring a gun to a picnic?" (This was back before I knew about open carry and I knew you couldn't concealed carry in Wisconsin) And yet, on Sunday I did just that...brought a gun to a picnic. :lol:

KiLLaDaTa

imported post

You all did a good something great here, expressing your Rights as Americans I am proud to actively serve my country in the USAF and am about to go on my second tour in Iraq for convoy duty. this makes me even prouder to be serving my country. and to know that when i come home from wisconsin on leave (im stationed in England) i dont have to be afraid anymore of being arrested for disorderly conduct for excercising the rights that i have and am still fighting for. If there is a BBQ next time i come home, next may i will surely be there. I got a warm feeling inside when my mother told me about the OC BBQ, I told her , "its about time."