• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lady freaked out at Manito Park Today

o2ryan

so when a law gets passed that says 'turn in all the guns', are you going to comply with that until you vote someone in to repeal the law?

Now here is someone who was paying attention to what I said and challenged it compellingly. To you sir, I conceed, and will chose my words a little more carefully next time.

Batousaii

to clarify - sorry if it came off wrong.

Originally Posted by Batousaii
You know there is a leash law at this park right?..."

Or:

Aren't you suppose to be in the kitchen?

Understand that I say this jokingly but it can very easily be turned into an argument for Woman's civil rights by the aggressor, which can be used in your favor as something to drive home the rights of yours she wishes to stomp all over. I guess it depends on how much of a sexist pig you want to look like.

Agree and correct, which is why I said it could go both ways (if it was an aggressive husband and embarrassed wife, tell the wife to leash her husband so to speak) - wasn’t really intended as "sexist", more of a whack at manners and social grace. Dogs run up sniffing and barking, humans shouldn’t. I believe strongly in rights and freedom for all, regardless or sex, race, religion, creed, color or orientation. A free citizenship should be treated well, with trust and liberty to pursue happiness and remain responsible for one's own actions. Political correctness be damned, I believe in the true form of equality and liberty.
- Hope that clarifies my intent on the comment.

:dude: Bat

Last edited:

onlurker

wasn’t really intended as "sexist", more of a whack at manners and social grace.

Agreed and if my post sounded like I had interpreted your post as sexist that wasn't my intention. I fully understood your humor, I was just taking it to another level in case one REALLY wanted to sound sexist.

I agree with your post wholeheartedly too, either we're all equal or none of us are.

Last edited:

killchain

so when a law gets passed that says 'turn in all the guns', are you going to comply with that until you vote someone in to repeal the law?

What are you gonna do if they ever [edit: made that pesky type go away] repeal the second amendment?

And don't say they can't, because they've repealed amendments before.

[edit: they better not repeal the second amendment. I wouldn't be the only one who would have a problem with that.]

Last edited:

antispam540

What are you gonna do if they ever [edit: made that pesky type go away] repeal the second amendment?

And don't say they can't, because they've repealed amendments before.

[edit: they better not repeal the second amendment. I wouldn't be the only one who would have a problem with that.]

They'll never repeal the second amendment for the same reason they'll never pass an amendment to ban alcohol, drugs, or coffee - a Constitutional amendment requires 3/4 of the state legislatures to agree with it before it passes, and (almost) no state legislature is going to face the popular backlash that such a thing would cause.

devildoc5

Two things: 1. I would never say never. You obviously have not seen the extent to which one little minor law change in the "state of Mexico" (CA) can cause other states to QUICKLY adopt the philosophy of Mexico.

Let's take for example the no smoking inside thingiemajigerbobdealthingie. CA started that and within just ONE YEAR 12 other states (this one included) had adopted almost IDENTICAL laws.

Now I am not usre if any of you have actually been down to that "other state down there that has no real business in American politics" (My opinion ONLY), but they sure are a catch. Some of the things they think up for laws is redonkulous.

2nd I think the main reason why the "Man" would not want to TRY and take our guns is because WAY TOO many of us would stand up and say "really? Take my gun? How bout I give it to you 1 round at a time?"

(at least that is MY opinion....)

John Hardin

They'll never repeal the second amendment for the same reason they'll never pass an amendment to ban alcohol, drugs, or coffee - a Constitutional amendment requires 3/4 of the state legislatures to agree with it before it passes, and (almost) no state legislature is going to face the popular backlash that such a thing would cause.
...It's been suggested we're damned close to having enough States voting for a Constitutional Congress. If that happens, all bets are off.

END_THE_FED

...It's been suggested we're damned close to having enough States voting for a Constitutional Congress. If that happens, all bets are off.

If I remember correctly 2 or 5 more states are needed for a constitutional convention.
(3 states "rescinded" their votes and there is a question if that's valid or not)

The first constitutional convention was called to amend the articles of confederation.

If this is done it could turn out really good or really really bad. Just consider how limited the federal government was with the articles of confederation. Congress didn't even have the power to tax.They had to ask the state legislators for funds. I fear that if a convention is called an even more powerfull central government may be the result and what little is left of states rights will be thrown out the window.Then our Federal government will become a national government.
I also fear they will probably put the Federal Reserve into the new constitution

matt dillon

What's with the left-hating? The right is the same way. What would you have done if you were at a park, with your kids, and someone sat down and lit up a joint?

Really, the question is freedom vs. tyranny. The left and the right want different flavors of tyranny. I'll take freedom, please!

if smoking a joint is illegal and someone call the police you would be arrested but if they pass a law to make it legal smoke all you want i might join you that is if it was legal but then some park you are not allow to have alcohol and alcohol is legal if you are of age

wrightme

if smoking a joint is illegal and someone call the police you would be arrested but if they pass a law to make it legal smoke all you want i might join you that is if it was legal but then some park you are not allow to have alcohol and alcohol is legal if you are of age
Huh? As a suggestion, practice using sentences that include punctuation. It greatly assists in getting the person reading it to understand the person writing it.

MrGray

At that point I think a good reply is, "Yes, I know my kid(s) is/are here. And if there are any criminals who try to harm my child(ren), I will have the means available to protect my child(ren). That's what responsible parents do, is protect their child(ren) if the need should arise. And I am truly sorry that the fact that I am a responsible parent bothers you so much."

I like this response. Very on point.