• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lapeer County

DanM

imported post

I'm still tentative. If I'm able to make it, but later, I would like to check in with someone to see what supplies we may be low on so I can pick some more up on the way.

If you're willing to exchange mobile phone numbers, PM me. This also would be good for general communications purposes, amongthose of us more or less active in this movement.

SQLtables

imported post

dougwg wrote:
After picnic FUN....

I plan on heading up to "The Pit" to fling some lead and warm some barrels of some of my toys.

The pit is around6.36 miles north of the park and is a place that people shoot guns out doors. It's free, it's state land(as far as I know). You don't need anything to shoot there but I would bring eyes and ears.

Pure fun! Who's with me?
Depending on how long the girlfriend hangs in there with me, and what time you head over there (I'll probably have to follow somebody), I'm in for a little shooting.

warlockmatized

imported post

dougwg wrote:
After picnic FUN....

I plan on heading up to "The Pit" to fling some lead and warm some barrels of some of my toys.

The pit is around6.36 miles north of the park and is a place that people shoot guns out doors. It's free, it's state land(as far as I know). You don't need anything to shoot there but I would bring eyes and ears.

Pure fun! Who's with me?
Sounds like a blast....literally. I am in the same boat as SQL. Having never been there, i would have to follow someone.

Michigander

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Pure fun! Who's with me?
Sounds like a blast....literally. I am in the same boat as SQL. Having never been there, i would have to follow someone.

It's very easy to get there. You go north on Lapeer road until you get to Daly. Turn right on Daly.Continue East on Dalyuntil you see a school which will be coming up on your left. Turn left onto the street coming up right after the school. Go down that streetpast the drag strip. About half a mile or a mile past the drag strip, the pit will be there on your right side. You can't really miss it, because a few hundred yards past the pit the road ends.

Here is me having fun there - http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/Michiganderbiker/Michigandershooter/?action=view&current=e7f04d4c.flv

ruger45

imported post

hey everyone my wife bought her a holster today,and she will have her ruger side kick with her tommoro.is this great.she said baby steps at first and that is fine with me.:celebrate:celebrate:D

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
That park is kinda big with several different entrances. ANY clue on WHERE we are to meet?

Sorry Warlock, I was going to post on where we were going to meet, but my computer crashed on me.

I keep getting "windows has encountered a serious error" BS. :cuss:

Michigander

imported post

Another good goin to misses ruger45 from me! :monkey

And also, if some of you guys dogo to the pit, please take pictures and post em. :)

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just got back from picnic. it was super. there was a distinct lack of fruit log, however. other than that it was good. the headcount was approximately 22. there was no police presence as with the warren picnic. i don't think anyone even saw any under-covers. we shared the park with approximately 150 others who were out enjoying the nice weather. i believe there was a church picnic, no one seemed to notice us or our firearms.
earlier in the day we were sharing the pavilion with some "civilians" and i overheard a conversation between one of our group and someone from the other group. they were making small talk and the "civilian" happened to mention that he "felt very safe with us there." it was good to hear that from a member of the general public.

WARCHILD

imported post

there was a distinct lack of fruit log, however.

Ok, I feel bad enough already, just had to rub it in. It wouldseem the fruit log was definately missed more than I was. :shock:I will makeit up to you all inFlint. I'm glad you allhad a good time.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
there was a distinct lack of fruit log, however.

Ok, I feel bad enough already, just had to rub it in. It wouldseem the fruit log was definately missed more than I was. :shock:I will makeit up to you all inFlint. I'm glad you allhad a good time.
:p