• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawmakers pass ban on openly carrying unloaded gun

Difdi

Case & Carry

This makes me wonder...

Is loaded carry in a locked case legal in California? How about unloaded carry in a locked case?

What constitutes a case? If your holster fully encloses the gun, and requires a keyed lock, combination lock or biometric lock to open and release the gun, would it qualify as a case?

March Hare

Just remember, when the Creator made this continent he tipped it on its side. All the loose pieces went to California.

He didn't shake hard enough, or they would have gone into the ocean!

The legislature there has set the state up for a really expensive lawsuit, which they will lose just like D.C. and Chicago did.
I guess it's the only way they'll learn.

-MH

amlevin

Just remember, when the Creator made this continent he tipped it on its side. All the loose pieces went to California.

He didn't shake hard enough, or they would have gone into the ocean!

He's saving that for later, you know, the "Big One". Then everyone will be able to moor their ocean going boats in downtown Phoenix.

jbone

I suppose if the "Nationwide Recoprocity Bill" passess any out of state CC holder will be clear to carry CC loaded or unloaded in Californionia?

FMCDH

Is there a time estimate for when this could possibly happen?

Don't hold your breath.

I don't see this ever getting passed while the Democrats control the Senate. Also, unless they allow dissenting states to opt out (such as California, New York, Maryland, Hawaii, just to name the big ones), and just let the states who want to participate start the trend, I don't think you will ever see such a law pass no matter who controls congress.

For something like this, an OPT-IN system is the only way its going to get passed to start. Then you let the people in the various OPT-OUT states pressure their reps to join. I figure the beginning number of states that would OPT-IN to be about 35 or so.

Last edited:

amlevin

This is a "House Bill" where the Republicans run the show. There are enough "Sponsors" that if they all vote for the bill it will pass.

Now for the rest of the story. It then has to pass the Senate where there is still a bunch of moron Obamaites in control. Even if it did pass the Senate does anyone here think Obama will actually sign it. If he doesn't there isn't enough support to override his Veto, at least not until Nov 2012.

The only real chance of some progress lies in the challenges that are working their way to the Supreme Court. As soon as some more favorable rulings come down from the "Supremes" we'll see some of these restrictive laws fall by the wayside.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This is a "House Bill" where the Republicans run the show. There are enough "Sponsors" that if they all vote for the bill it will pass.

Now for the rest of the story. It then has to pass the Senate where there is still a bunch of moron Obamaites in control. Even if it did pass the Senate does anyone here think Obama will actually sign it. If he doesn't there isn't enough support to override his Veto, at least not until Nov 2012.

I guess it all depends on which bill it gets attached to.... much like the Credit Card Act whereas legal carry is now allowed in national parks.

FMCDH

I guess it all depends on which bill it gets attached to.... much like the Credit Card Act whereas legal carry is now allowed in national parks.

That portion of the Credit Card Act was voted on and passed as a separate item. The only "attachment" it had to the overall bill was its enactment date. Obama singed it because it had far too much popular support, AND due to the collective fear from the many Democrat incumbents who were worried about getting their hats handed to them in the quickly approaching midterm elections.

Besides, I have no doubt Obama fully expected the "blood on the trails" predictions to come true, giving him the chance to say his "We told you so's" and repeal it under the guise of public safety.

Jokes on him.

Last edited:

ApacheBunny

how things work in Washington D.C. on an upper level, pay attention you might learn something here because this is the secret they go by. How it works, it's alot like elephants mating, it's done at a high level, there is a great deal of roaring and screaming, and the end result takes 5 years or more. California its different its a lot like field mice, law makers reproduce quickly and if you don't watch out the end result is your rights (crops) are gone.