• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal Fund for Dan Moore

Neplusultra

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Kevin108 wrote:
skidmark wrote:
If nobody else wants to do it, I "volunteer" to set up a passbook savings account at my bank under the name "Danbus Legal Defense Fund". This, BTW, is how most "donate to a good cause accounts" are handled.

The kicker is that any funds not used by danbus go to a party at Hooters at Waterside - time/date TBA.

Anybody that wants to send $$ can PM me - I'll hold off setting up the account until I see some real interest AND Dan says it's OK with him.

stay safe.

skidmark
I like this idea, but I would also like to see the account linked to PayPal. Click, click, click and a donation has been made. Principles aside, quite a bit more money will be raised if it's easy to donate and it doesn't get much easier than PayPal.
kevin, for those of us that do NOT have a paypal account, it's more than click, click. That's if I would even consider using them which I won't!
Silly Boyz. Why not have multiple methods of payment?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The fund has been created. Go here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17367.html

I'm in the process of getting PayPal arranged. GearPay is undergoing updates but I will create an account there as soon as possible for those that want to use anything but PayPal.

You can also go into any First Market Bank (very gun friendly) and make a deposit over the counter to "The Danbus Fund". You do not need to know the account number - they can look it up under that name.

stay safe.

skidmark

jegoodin

imported post

skidmark wrote:
The fund has been created. Go here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17367.html

I'm in the process of getting PayPal arranged. GearPay is undergoing updates but I will create an account there as soon as possible for those that want to use anything but PayPal.

You can also go into any First Market Bank (very gun friendly) and make a deposit over the counter to "The Danbus Fund". You do not need to know the account number - they can look it up under that name.

stay safe.

skidmark

Thanks for taking the lead!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Grape, your link is borked.
Just clicked on it (above) and it works for me.

If further problems just go to the Virginia forum - The Danbus Fund

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Do you mean to tell me that Dan isn't already awash with the city's cash? Not yet, anyway, huh!?
Dan is one of our own - a brother in every sense of the word. He has stood tall, walked the walk and done so with humility and grace.

His fight is very literally our own and we neither solicit donations for his or our own personal gain. Rather it is to ease what is a potentially a huge burden from his shoulders and carry some of the load ourselves.

To borrow a well known expression: He ain't heavy. He's my brother.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if Dan is found not guilty in court, the prosecution has no remedy, i.e. the state cannot appeal an exoneration in a criminal trial.
They can in Virginia.

TexasNative

imported post

TFred wrote:
peter nap wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if Dan is found not guilty in court, the prosecution has no remedy, i.e. the state cannot appeal an exoneration in a criminal trial.
They can in Virginia.
Huh? How would that not be double jeopardy?

TFred
There's a difference between a second trial for the same offense (double jeopardy) and appealing a verdict.

~ Boyd

TFred

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
TFred wrote:
peter nap wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
They can in Virginia.

TFred
There's a difference between a second trial for the same offense (double jeopardy) and appealing a verdict.

~ Boyd
IANAL... this happens in criminal cases? By the prosecution? Any well-known examples? Am I being a dunce?

Wikipedia (I know, I know, but remember, IANAL :)) says:

... due to the double jeopardy principle, in the United States the state or prosecution may never appeal a jury or bench verdict of acquittal.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
TexasNative wrote:
TFred wrote:
peter nap wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
They can in Virginia.

TFred

~ Boyd
IANAL... this happens in criminal cases? By the prosecution? Any well-known examples? Am I being a dunce?

Wikipedia (I know, I know, but remember, IANAL :)) says:

... due to the double jeopardy principle, in the United States the state or prosecution may never appeal a jury or bench verdict of acquittal.

TFred
This is the PAYMENT thread so lets not get into this. In short, the prosecutor can appeal to have the verdict set aside and a new trial is ordered. Not common and it has narrow guidelines,but it happens. We can start a new thread on it sometime.