• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's collect "Virginia Bubba Laws!"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In VA a cop can get an arrest warrant based purely on hearsay, without the witness making a sworn written statement.

oh wait, that one is true ....
It does help though if one is a bus driver w/xray vision and the LEO is his friend :cuss:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

It does help though if one is a bus driver w/xray vision and the LEO is his friend :cuss:
But does it only work in such a crisis emergency occurring TWO DAYS LATER?
I see you've been reading the same dime store serial novel. Can't wait until the last chapter is published.

Lyndsy Simon

Please tell me your kidding.... That isn't even funny....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't that constitute "deprivation of civil rights under color of authority"? I know LEO can lie without violating a law, but I think this particular lie is a crime in and of itself.

Marco

You can't OC within 1000ft of school property, without a permission slip.

Probably not limited to VA.

TFred

You can't OC within 1000ft of school property, without a permission slip.

Probably not limited to VA.
Sadly, this is not a "bubba law", but is indeed an actual Federal Law.

It is rarely enforced, but it makes federal felons out of a significant number of people each and every day.

ETA: IMHO, it is the single most heinous federal law on the books, and should be the #1 priority for repeal by every gun organization in the country.

TFred

Last edited:

Marco

Sadly not a "bubba law", but is indeed an actual Federal

TFred

The law as written doesn't exempt Chp holders.. it requires something not required in VA and many other locations.

And until someone gets convicted soley on the law it is just a bubba law... As millions offer to be the test case as they ignore the law daily.....

But we do agree it needs gone yesterday.

TFred

The law as written doesn't exempt Chp holders.. it requires something not required in VA and many other locations.

And until someone gets convicted soley on the law it is just a bubba law... As millions offer to be the test case as they ignore the law daily.....

Ya... I'd put this one in a different category, "ruling by holding a hammer over the heads of the people..." To me a "bubba law" is a law that does not actually exist, which is not the case for the GFSZA.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ya... I'd put this one in a different category, "ruling by holding a hammer over the heads of the people..." To me a "bubba law" is a law that does not actually exist, which is not the case for the GFSZA.

TFred
.....and when spoken by a LEO in a stop introduces "color of law."

Agree - a Bubba Law is a non-existent law quoted/paraphrased implying that it is valid and enforceable.

Do we give you (TFred) the recognition of having coined/invented this descriptor? I was unaware of it before this thread.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

This is true. And it just goes to show the ignorance of those who author these laws. Sad thing is, we are the ones who reap their ignorance.

TFred

.....and when spoken by a LEO in a stop introduces "color of law."

Agree - a Bubba Law is a non-existent law quoted/paraphrased implying that it is valid and enforceable.

Do we give you (TFred) the recognition of having coined/invented this descriptor? I was unaware of it before this thread.
Well, I used it, and I hadn't heard it anywhere else before, so I guess I made it up. Firmly based on the idea of "basement rules" for Table Tennis, which abound and are just as incorrect as many Bubba Laws for guns. :) [Classic example of a "basement rule" of ping-pong, "the losing player always serves on game point". Nope, no such rule, the order of serve continues as normal until the game is over. :p]

TFred

Marco

You can't audio record your conversations without consent from everyone involved.

You can't video record folks out in public without consent.

You can't carry at a school function on public/private property ( still open to the public).

You can't OC more than one firearm.

You can't CC more than one firearm.

You must notify LE of firearms in the vehilce when stopped.

Can't have a loaded long in your vehicle in VA. (NOT SPECIFIC TO ALL COUNTIES)

You can't carry magnum calibers for self defense.

You must register your firearms.

You must offer verbal challenge before firing in self defense.

You can't carry with a loaded chamber.

If you shoot someone in the head you are guilty of murder (self defense situation).

Hollow point ammuntion is illegal.

Last edited: