• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's have a short notice meeting this saturday the 12th in Warren

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

so ok then... I guess I'll be at the breakfast, guys... just gotta leave home at 7:10

...f***, guess I should go to bed.

Hey umm... I'm waiting for some parts in the mail so at present my handgun isn't functional, but I'm gonna OC anyway because the cops don't need to know that.

that is provided National has no alcohol i'm gonna look that up right now in fact...

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

If anyplace...ANY place sells beer, wine or liquor, one must have a CPL in order to carry lawfully into such an establishment whether they carry openly or concealed.

We went over this in Troy Johnny , remember? :)

johnnyd74

imported post

no i dnt remember,sorry, but i will be listening from NOW on!!

you were with 2 other guys right(in troy)?

i must say when i met you in troy,ever since i have been on this site non-stop! glad i met you,wish i would have been able to talk with you more,to gain more knowledge!

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

If anyplace...ANY place sells beer, wine or liquor, one must have a CPL in order to carry lawfully into such an establishment whether they carry openly or concealed.

We went over this in Troy Johnny , remember? :)

Although I think the exception is that if such an establishment gives an non-CPL holder express permission to open carry there [Although you may want to get it in writing], it would be legal. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Although most of the time you're probably not going to go through that kind of trouble before going to the gas station or the bar or something.

Michigander

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Someone please confirm our noon meet is at National on Van Dyke. FYI they do server beer and wine for all those who do not have a CPL.
It still is, because no one has changed it, and it's almost time for everyone who's going to be on their way.

Just so everyone knows, there is lots of parking. If you are a non cpl holder and you bring your gun, leave it stored in your trunk in a parking lot OFF the property of National or any other liquor license holder.

We almost took a walk up to the police station after the breakfast meet, but with only 3 people including me left at that time, I decided I didn't want to walk "up to the lion's den", because I frankly would have felt better having at least 2 more people doing that. If the lunch crowd wants to stroll around, a lot of fun should be had walking around the fair.

Anyway, I'm about to head out to do some auto repairs it looks like, so have fun at lunch everyone.

johnnyd74

imported post

had a good time michigander was nice meeting you,and everyone else that was there.

hope to do it again,soon real soon. mayb like the warren council meeting this tuesday!

mikestilly

imported post

Well .. lol I attempted to be there. I walked through the restaurant once but didn't see anyone. Then I happened to get a urgent call and proceeded to have a 45 minute conversation with them in the parking lot. I definitely didn't expect to do that otherwise I probably would have walked around until I found you guys. I was the guy that quickly walked through wearing the Ted Nugent shirt. Sorry about that guys. I'll be there next time for sure and hopefully can bring the family too.

Mike

Haman J.T.

imported post

johnnyd74 wrote:
wonder how many people showed up for lunch?

did they walk? if so any trouble from anyone?

someone needs to post about it!
Me and thekunk47 ate lunch at Bigboy and spent an hour+ at the festival. 2 LEO's looked our way,no problem. Covered the whole grounds at least twice,sat about 30 yards from command center for 25 minutes. No one freaked out. It was a good day!

johnnyd74

imported post

that great!

no probs at breakfast either,we didnt walk stayed at national coney talked in parking lot for awhile,leo passed by 3 times in a car,didnt even look at us.

johnnyd74

imported post

yep leo means cop! did i write it wrong?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,which would include their own government."-George Washington