• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's push back

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
old dog wrote:
[align=left]
Why should we have to bear the burden of their bias?

Because it's their property and they can do whatever they damn well please with it.[/align]

Can they ask a Black person to leave? Can they put a sign at the door saying no asians????

Isn't the Right to Keep and Bear arms a civil right? It's a right that existed before the Constitution.

LEO 229

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
old dog wrote:
[align=left]
Why should we have to bear the burden of their bias?

Because it's their property and they can do whatever they damn well please with it.
[/align]

Can they ask a Black person to leave? Can they put a sign at the door saying no asians????

Isn't the Right to Keep and Bear arms a civil right? It's a right that existed before the Constitution.
We all know that that type of activity is not permitted.

But again... carrying a gun is a decision and not the way you were born or a way you decide to think. Neither should interfere with other people.

You can be a Gay, Asian, Buddhist.... There are people who will not like any or all of the combination but nothing in that trio can be acted upon. And think about it... If a guy wanted to kick you out he can just do it. No reason needed. People are smart enough today not to reveal they are biased and discriminating against you. Prove it in court if you try to sue them. My property.. my rules.

People are allowed to be scared of guns. You just happen to be carrying it. So it is not YOU that is really be ejected as much as your gun. How many stories have we read here... "The manager told me to put in my car and I could come back."

So stop trying to attach guns to civil rights. It does not fit. :?

LEO 229

imported post

Aran wrote:
Religion is a choice.

Yes, it is.... But it is a way of thinking. It is not harmful or dangerous to think or believe in something spiritual.

While I do not completely agree with it... religion is protected. But who will know anyway unless you say something of wear something to identify what you worship.

Religion is a sensitive subject for many people. They are some very devoted members.

Personally... I am an atheist and think all religions are hog wash. But feel free to pray to a god if that makes you feel good.

But again.... what does religion have to do with guns? I worship guns.. therefore I should be protected in some way and be allowed to carry them in a store?

You can worship all you like... just leave the guns in your car and come on in!! :lol:

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Aran wrote:
Religion is a choice.

Yes, it is.... But it is a way of thinking. It is not harmful or dangerous to think or believe in something spiritual.

Tell that to the women living under Sharia law. Tell that to an apostate of Islam in a country that practices Sharia. Tell that to the people whose family members died in the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon.

Rights are about personal responsibility, and any right can be abused. Free speech can be abused and used to inspire people to kill. But we don't make all speech illegal just because we can use it to kill do we?

Guns can be used to kill, but they can also be used to save lives. They can be used to hunt. They can be used to keep tyranny at bay and they can be used to fight off alien invaders from Mars.... ok, the last one's a stretch.... or is it;)

Now again, why can't I serve only Asians in my restaurant? Isn't this supposed to be a free country? And if I cannot, then what good reason are rights being cherry picked? You know the answer as well as I do. The anti-gun movement do not want guns to be a right.

LEO 229

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Aran wrote:
Religion is a choice.

Tell that to the women living under Sharia law. Tell that to an apostate of Islam in a country that practices Sharia. Tell that to the people whose family members died in the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon.

Rights are about personal responsibility, and any right can be abused. Free speech can be abused and used to inspire people to kill. But we don't make all speech illegal just because we can use it to kill do we?

Guns can be used to kill, but they can also be used to save lives. They can be used to hunt. They can be used to keep tyranny at bay and they can be used to fight off alien invaders from Mars.... ok, the last one's a stretch.... or is it;)

Now again, why can't I serve only Asians in my restaurant? Isn't this supposed to be a free country? And if I cannot, then what good reason are rights being cherry picked? You know the answer as well as I do. The anti-gun movement do not want guns to be a right.
While I agree that a business owner should be in total control of his or her business and not be forced by the government to do anything.... I think it is wrong to kick people out for who they are or what they think.

But we are talking about guns.... not race, religion, or gender.

If you want to play the angle that people of a certain religion may kill people.... I can play that people with guns kill people.

Not everyone is a terrorist bomber anymore than all people with guns are killers.

We are talking about YOU wanting to being a GUN into a private BUSINESS.

Having a gun is NOT a requirement. You have a constitutional right to bear it... no question there.

So the real question is where can you bear it?

And I say "Not on my property" if I feel that way. ;) The government has not overextended themselves to force me to serve gun owners.

Maybe you can work on that. :lol:

Pagan

imported post

Private property owners do and should have the right to choose what items may and may not be carried in their place of business. Just as I have the right to decide who is and who is not allowed on my private property.

As LEO229 has pointed out just take your business else where. Although being able to choose which kind of PEOPLE can come on a business's property would seem to apply as well, unlessthe businessrecieves public funding in which case EVERYBODY'S tax dollars contribute and it is no longer private property.

Man what a can of worms....

Thundar

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
The overall trick is finding a balance between property rights and gun rights. Property rights are also granted by the constitution.
???

The only property that is expressly protected by the constitution is Arms.

Thundar

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
...So stop trying to attach guns to civil rights. It does not fit. :?

Nordyke. What a clear victory for gun owners. In this case the 2nd A was incorporated against states via the equal protection clause of the 14th A. Seems to be the very definition of civil right. Sorry to say this 229, but I agree w/ the 9th circuit. Gun rightsARE civil rights.

LEO 229

imported post

Thundar wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
...So stop trying to attach guns to civil rights. It does not fit. :?

Nordyke. What a clear victory for gun owners. In this case the 2nd A was incorporated against states via the equal protection clause of the 14th A. Seems to be the very definition of civil right. Sorry to say this 229, but I agree w/ the 9th circuit. Gun rightsARE civil rights.
Sure... but they do not fit when you are forcing property owners to give up their rights so you can have a gun on property they own.

They pay the taxes and you can do what ever you feel like?

I do not think so.

Your way of thinking is no different than the government taking control. Doing what they think is in their best interests and do not care what the people think. :uhoh:

XD40coyote

imported post

IfI wasn't in MD, I'd advertise that carrying is welcome at my place. In fact if there's any customers who actually have a 24/7 MD carry lisc,they can come by OCing. DangitI wish I had someone OC into my place when I was in PA. I might have seemed rude at first, but educating me would have set me straight and who knows what troubleI would have caused after that! Early on I would have still had some money and walked to the gun store across the street and got me some cool pistol and a holster (andstarted bothering my parents sooner with my target shooting), then I would have been that naughty OC lady. LOL I coulda handled the cops if they were called, I had some dingbat call the cops for a deer skull that was in the yard that had the front part missing. They thought it was a baby's skull or something stupid. My elderly neighbors would have loved me OCing, heck the old lady was such a firebrand she might have started OCing too!

Alexcabbie

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
IfI wasn't in MD, I'd advertise that carrying is welcome at my place. In fact if there's any customers who actually have a 24/7 MD carry lisc,they can come by OCing. DangitI wish I had someone OC into my place when I was in PA. I might have seemed rude at first, but educating me would have set me straight and who knows what troubleI would have caused after that! Early on I would have still had some money and walked to the gun store across the street and got me some cool pistol and a holster (andstarted bothering my parents sooner with my target shooting), then I would have been that naughty OC lady. LOL I coulda handled the cops if they were called, I had some dingbat call the cops for a deer skull that was in the yard that had the front part missing. They thought it was a baby's skull or something stupid. My elderly neighbors would have loved me OCing, heck the old lady was such a firebrand she might have started OCing too!
How far into Maryland are you? A little dynamite and a bulldozer or two and we can probably change the channel of the Potomac to loop around your plaace and get you into the Commonwealth.

By the way have you noticed how all the really violent stuff around here seems to come from PG while the truly wierd crimes - Bradford Bishop and that crazy legislator woman and the Horn case (cutting off the air supply of a hospitalized kid for insurance money) and Clarke Hadden comes out of Montgomery? Sheesh. The Potomac: THE MOAT!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Asian people were born Asian, they can nothing to change it. It'd be like refusing service to someone with Autism. That's discrimination because those people can do nothing to change how they were created. We live in a land where ALL are free.

However, your gun was not attached to you by birth. You CHOOSE to carry it, thus I can CHOOSE to not allow you on my property. The same way to can CHOOSE to not allow people dressed like freaks into my high-end resturaunt.

What are you going to argue next, zozozozomg they're discriminating against smokers with non-smoking restaurants!! OMG non-handicap discrimination because I can't park in the handicap spots!!!11!!1!!! Sex discriminationbecauseI'm not allowed in the women's locker room!!!

Get real. Ask yourself whether you really want to venture further into the land of the government dictating what people can and cannot do with their private property.

XD40coyote

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
XD40coyote wrote:
How far into Maryland are you? A little dynamite and a bulldozer or two and we can probably change the channel of the Potomac to loop around your plaace and get you into the Commonwealth.

By the way have you noticed how all the really violent stuff around here seems to come from PG while the truly wierd crimes - Bradford Bishop and that crazy legislator woman and the Horn case (cutting off the air supply of a hospitalized kid for insurance money) and Clarke Hadden comes out of Montgomery? Sheesh. The Potomac: THE MOAT!
I am on the north end unfortunatly, now if somehow we could bend the Mason Dixon line so it isn't straight anymore and make a lil loop southward and back up again...