• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lets say i buy a gun now...

Harper1227

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
come on! take it to the extreme much? I was a soldier and there is a loooong distance from doing something that the government has deemed legal (so it is a lawful order) that you don't agree with and committing genocide.
Didn't you take an oath to uphold the constitution? Would than being ordered to violate civilians civil rights by confiscating all their firearms be in violation of your oath? If so... How could you go through with that order without being just as bad as the ones who gave it?
... and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

my point is that it is easy to say what we WOULD do, especially from a keyboard, but reality is different and no one can say for sure what they would do if that senario happened. I am only being honest. The best thing we can do i prevent it from happening all together. Vote. go to meetings. exercise our rights. spread the word. don't allow our government to become a government that will try totake away our rights.

Jason Rogers

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
come on! take it to the extreme much? I was a soldier and there is a loooong distance from doing something that the government has deemed legal (so it is a lawful order) that you don't agree with and committing genocide.
Didn't you take an oath to uphold the constitution? Would than being ordered to violate civilians civil rights by confiscating all their firearms be in violation of your oath? If so... How could you go through with that order without being just as bad as the ones who gave it?
... and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

my point is that it is easy to say what we WOULD do, especially from a keyboard, but reality is different and no one can say for sure what they would do if that senario happened. I am only being honest. The best thing we can do i prevent it from happening all together. Vote. go to meetings. exercise our rights. spread the word. don't allow our government to become a government that will try totake away our rights.
RIGHT ON!!

Thundar

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 forbids US Armed Forces from exercise of any police powers over the civil community.

No, Posse Comitatus forbids the Federal Army and its' progenny the Air Force from exercise of any police powers.

Navy and Marine Corps are prohibited by executive order alone.

Coast Guard has significant police power.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Coast Guard's not under DoD anymore. Ok... so 'any' military under Title 10 USC have no police powers but those under Title 18USC orders do.

David.Car

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

When the government begins to violate the constitution and becomes a police state, than it has crossed into being a domestic enemy and it is the right and duty of the people of this country toprotect their rights and freedoms the country was founded on no matter what the higher ups than say.

Jason Rogers

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

When the government begins to violate the constitution and becomes a police state, than it has crossed into being a domestic enemy and it is the right and duty of the people of this country toprotect their rights and freedoms the country was founded on no matter what the higher ups than say.
She never said you would be wrong to defend your rights against a tyrantical government. She said she could not HERSELF, PERSONALYshoot a soldier or police officer. So what exactly are you arguing here man, that she is wrong in here self examination and she could in FACT do just that. No one here has said you are wrong. Damn man...

imperialism2024

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:

Point taken. I guess those who quote the oath assumed that the executive branch of the country would never be in ideological conflict with the Constitution. Whoops.

Second point taken, as well. Many of the people saying that they'll gun down anyone coming to take their guns would probably be the first ones to turn them in, or to kindly give them to the officers going door-to-door collecting guns. For some reason, I get the feeling that those who are willing to hold their nose and vote for a lesser gun-grabber instead of making the sacrifice of voting for a true pro-2A candidate, are probably those who would be unwilling to risk death or prison time over just a couple of guns. But I digress.

Gun registration and background checks are the biggest threat to freedom for gun owners. Gun bans generally only ban new gun purchases and, even if they ban mere possession, without a registry they have no teeth. Even bans on concealed carry are pretty much useless because, well, concealed is concealed. Ah, but with a registry (either direct or extrapolated from background checks), confiscation is a very big reality. Don't want your guns confiscated? Don't vote for tyrants who want to expand background checks.