• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's see how gun control is working for us

Rusty Young Man

In other news, I got banned from commenting on the Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America page :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's how they operate: if they don't like what you say (for instance, facts and figures that show their approach is the reason the children are defenseless in criminal empowerment zones), they'll just censure you, drown out your logical arguments with their emotion-driven chants, or try to block out your signs with their own (seems they are loving and tolerant leftists, so long as you agree with them).

I had the same thing tried in person at a local event where the group had a protest. They intentionally tried to place their taller members and bigger signs right in front of myself and another Freedom-loving citizen. Imagine their surprise when I pulled out a second sign and succeeded in always having at least one visible! I counted that as a win (one more for truth, youth, and determination over lies, groupthink, and despotism).

Keep up the good fight, and (if I may borrow Skidmark's sig line) "Stay safe".

Last edited:

DW98

That's how they operate: if they don't like what you say (for instance, facts and figures that show their approach is the reason the children are defenseless in criminal empowerment zones), they'll just censure you, drown out your logical arguments with their emotion-driven chants, or try to block out your signs with their own (seems they are loving and tolerant leftists, so long as you agree with them).

I had the same thing tried in person at a local event where the group had a protest. They intentionally tried to place their taller members and bigger signs right in front of myself and another Freedom-loving citizen. Imagine their surprise when I pulled out a second sign and succeeded in always having at least one visible! I counted that as a win (one more for truth, youth, and determination over lies, groupthink, and despotism).

Keep up the good fight, and (if I may borrow Skidmark's sig line) "Stay safe".

:lol: :lol:

There was some guy from the UK on there saying that they are much better off for having banned handguns back in '97. I explained to him that there are a few hundred thousand legally owned handguns in Australia, yet all the shootings are committed by criminals. My comment was deleted and I was banned within minutes.

At least the majority of US citizens are generally pro-firearms. It's the opposite here. Although, civilian gun ownership is continuing to increase here, and a lot more people are getting their gun licenses or going to ranges than in recent years, which is good to see. We have a long way to go though.

I was driving home earlier and saw a car parked the wrong way on the street in front of a group of shops (which were closed). As I was passing, two men came sprinting out from behind the building and jumped into the waiting car and sped off. No idea what that was about but I doubt they were collecting for the homeless.

Woman in serious condition after being stabbed during home invasion

A young mother has been stabbed multiple times during a violent home invasion in Melbourne's north overnight.

Jane Wallace, 40, was asleep when an intruder forced his way into her Hamlyn Court home, in Meadow Heights, at around 2.45am, police said.

He stabbed her up to four times before fleeing through the bedroom window.

The victim suffered serious stab wounds to her upper body, including a punctured lung and a fractured rib.

She is recovering at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and is said to be in a serious but stable condition.

Quote from the news.

"Neighbours feel crime is "out of control" in the area and want more police protection" How about personal protection? :banghead:

Another quote from the news.

According to neighbours, crime is rife in the area, and some have even said they fear for their lives.

Man being interviewed: "Gunshots, stabbings, fighting etc." Then he shows the reporters where a bullet hit their garage during a shooting in the street last year.

Woman being interviewed: "We need more protection around here."

A few other drive by shootings and stabbings, rapes etc. on the news. Nothing new.

Last edited:

DW98

This pisses me off considerably.

Quote from a local resident: "Nothing else to do, man. You see a car unlocked, people are pretty much asking for you to take it."

Then they go on to say how car thefts are on the rise.

[video=youtube;s_fHo2137ZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_fHo2137ZA[/video]

Family traumatised after being held at gunpoint for more than 5 hours during home invasion - Northfield

A 42-year-old Parmelia man has been charged with the murder of missing Perth woman Helena Rocha.

Bullets narrowly miss customers in café shooting

Police say it's a miracle no one was killed or injured after a gunman opened fire on a Lakemba café as bullets just missed staff and customers in what's believed to be another gang-related attack.

Reward offered in Siriboon case

Melbourne police have announced a $1 million dollar reward for information about missing teenager Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, who vanished while walking to school in June 2011

Sydney police hunt serial rapist

Man stabbed to death - South-eastern Sydney

Police hunt ferry terminal rapist

Man charged over stabbing of a mother and two children in Brisbane suburb of Carina

A man has been charged with attempted murder after a mother and two children were seriously injured in a stabbing at a Brisbane home.

Police responded to an emergency call from within the home on D'Arcy Road at Carina about 6:30am AEST on Saturday.

They found a 39-year-old woman, a nine-year-old girl and a seven-year-old boy with multiple, life-threatening stab wounds.

Man stabbed to death at Gold Coast house party

Fire, shooting link ruled out

Fire has destroyed the clubhouse of the Nomads motorcycle gang at Byron Bay, a short time after a suburban drive-by shooting in Tweed Heads. Police have ruled out any links between the two.

Last edited:

DW98

Robbers tie up, threaten pub workers

This is nothing new, but they don't often show footage of armed robberies to the public.

[video=youtube;Z2w-Ylt5KBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2w-Ylt5KBY[/video]

DW98

Carjackers set man, vehicle alight

A few days old.

[video=youtube;uGRQrCm90XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRQrCm90XU[/video]

DW98

Photos released of teen torturers

[video=youtube;9tfNwNW8Bi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tfNwNW8Bi4[/video]

DW98

Police investigating after suburban shooting

Queensland police are hunting for a gunman who shot a man in the head and chest in Brisbane. The man remains in critical condition.

'Greed behind Brisbane referee's murder'

Greed is behind the murder of a Brisbane referee found under his home with a gunshot wound to the head.

Police are investigating if two drive-by shootings in Sydney overnight are linked

Screams heard before Vic woman's death

A neighbour says he heard screams before a woman was found dead outside a Melbourne home.

The 52-year-old's body was discovered in front of a Noble Park home at 6.15am (AEDT) on Thursday.

"I heard a woman yelling," a neighbour told Fairfax Radio.

Police haven't said how the woman died.

"I am not prepared to obviously reveal the intel," Acting Senior Sergeant Duncan Bartley told reporters at the scene.

"Obviously the (State Emergency Service) are here to look for the source of a possible weapon."

No arrests have been made.
Heard on the news earlier that she was stabbed to death and a man was seen running up the street soon after.

DW98

Disgusting. He'll be out in a year or so, free to do it again....

Woman raped by intruder in Townsville

A woman has been violently attacked and raped by a man who broke into her Townsville home.

A 42-year-old man will face court on Friday, charged with assaulting the woman at Kelso on Thursday morning.

He's facing charges including entering a dwelling with intent whilst armed, rape, wounding and assault.

He's due to face the Townsville Magistrates Court later in the day.

Brisbane police officers charged with rape

Two male police officers from Central Region have been charged with multiple offences following an Ethical Standards Command (ESC) investigation.

A 29-year-old constable and 28-year-old first year constable will appear in the Mackay Magistrates Court tomorrow.

They have both been charged with five counts of rape and one count each of assault with intent to commit rape and deprivation of liberty.

The officers have been suspended from duty.

An immediate investigation was commenced after an incident involving a woman and two on-duty officers was reported to police on Monday afternoon. It will be alleged the woman was sexually assaulted in Mackay on Sunday morning.

DW98

Father shot after 11-year-old boy dies in sports oval knife attack The killer died in hospital a few hours ago.

POLICE shot a father *moments after he horrifically stabbed his son to death during cricket training at a sports oval in Melbourne’s southeast.

Detectives confirmed the 11-year-old boy’s *attacker was his dad.

“I can confirm that the male that the police shot was the *father of the deceased boy,” he said.The boy’s mother was nearby at the time of the shooting.

“We’ve had an absolute tragedy here tonight,” Commander Fryer said from the scene.

“It’s a horrific scene.

”Young children are among the witnesses police are speaking to after violence shattered their evening cricket training.

Paramedics frantically tried to revive the boy, but he died at the scene from head injuries.

Witnesses told the Herald Sun when officers from Mornington police station arrived, the father turned on them with a knife, forcing them to shoot him.

The man, about 50, suffered gunshot wounds to the chest and was flown to The Alfred hospital, where he remained overnight under police guard in a serious condition.

Australia’s sexual assault shame: One in six women a victim, putting Australia way above world average

AUSTRALIAN women are being sexually assaulted at twice the rate of women worldwide.

Despite our greater gender equality, we rank third after the war-torn Congo and the southern African nations of Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe for rates of sexual assault against women.

One in six Australian women have been the victim of a sexual assault by a non-partner, compared to one in 14 women around the world, a new study shows.

When sexual assaults by partners are included more than one in five — or 2.3 million

Last edited:

DW98

Haven't been keeping up with crime lately.

Here's a few headlines.

Sydney man shot dead outside primary school

Recent reported shootings in Western Sydney.

Shots fired into home in Casula

Shots fired into car in Bonnyrigg Heights

Shots fired into home in Granville

Man shot in legs in Merrylands

Shots fired into home in Seven Hills

62-year-old man shot in the arm during drive-by shooting - Windsor

Man shot in home invasion - Worongary

Man fights off home invaders armed with shotgun and machete He was also stabbed in the head with the machete.

Last edited:

DW98

Recent headlines.

Man in hospital after Melbourne shooting

A MAN'S recovering in hospital after being shot a number of times in Melbourne's north.

Man charged with attempted murder after shooting in Parkville apartment building

A 39-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after a shooting in the foyer of a Melbourne apartment building.

Police say a 35-year-old man was shot several times in the upper body before police and paramedics were called to the building, near the corner of Royal Parade and Park Street, last week.

The shot man was found in the foyer of the apartment and taken to hospital just before midnight on Tuesday. He is recovering from what police described as non-life threatening injuries.

Man shot dead on Sydney footpath About a week old.

A MAN shot dead overnight in Sydney’s inner west was known to police, acting superintendent Alf Sergi said.

Man fights for life after shooting in Woodcroft, western Sydney

POLICE are waiting to speak to a man who was shot and bashed in a targeted attack over what is believed to be a drug dispute in Sydney’s west.

Police were called to a small suburban carpark in Woodcroft near Blacktown at 10.20pm on Tuesday to find a 32-year-old man with serious wounds to his head and chest.

The man was shot twice in the head at Woodcroft Lake Reserve on Lakewood Drive.

Brahma Lodge man arrested after shooting friend for a 'dare' Making the law-abiding look good....

WA farmer arrested after firing shots at bank employees

Man dies in hospital following Brisbane shooting About 3 weeks old -- missed this one.

A man who was shot multiple times in Brisbane's east last week has died in hospital.

Man in hospital after being shot in Granville

Man in custody following fatal Pendle Hill stabbing

Man charged with murder following Melbourne woman's death

Mum likely murdered beside QLD river

A WOMAN found dead beside a river on the Queensland-NSW border is likely to have been murdered, say police

Investigations continue after West Croydon shooting

Police are investigating reports of several shots fired at West Croydon last night. Just after 8.30pm, police were called to Herbert Road after reports of sounds similar to gunshots.

A search of the area by police uncovered evidence of shots fired in the street.

Last edited:

ron73440

I read this thread everytime you update it.

It makes my brain hurt trying to figure out how this happens when you are not legally able to defend yourself and none of the banners have figured out it doesn't work.

Keep fighting!

Haz.

I read this thread everytime you update it.

It makes my brain hurt trying to figure out how this happens when you are not legally able to defend yourself and none of the banners have figured out it doesn't work.

Keep fighting!

Thanks Ron.

Gun control is not working down under, people control is!

Firearms have been branded a dirty word. Why? Because the Garden Gnome, (John Winston Howard, former PM of Australia) who after his gun ban and steal back stated in a news media interview when asked about his Gun / steal / Ban; "IM not a banner of things!" he is also recorded as saying; "I HATE GUNS."

He was a popular PM with the common SHEEPLE! even unto this day. Just ask the SHEEPLE, they will tell you he is the best PM we have ever had. Now when their homes are invaded, their property is stolen, their daughters or their wives are raped at knife and gun point, who do they blame? Why Firearm owners of course.

Since the steal back we now have, licencing, registration, a ban on various calibers, pump action shotguns banned, semi autos, banned a 30 day cooling off period to purchase additional firearm, must have a special genuine need to apply for licence and purchase of firearm, self defence not a genuine reason and will be refused, regular attendance of rifle or pistol club, no. of attendances in accordance with number of firearms, regular police inspection of safe keeping arrangements, ammunition to be stored in separate locked container in gun safe, the 2012 ammunition amendment bill introduced by Fatty O'Barrell, I mean, (Barry O'Farrell, premier of NSW). All forms of self defence declared illegal. No OC. or CC., carrying in public of any and all types of knives, mace, hair pins, sissors, guns, stun gun, or any itm that can be used in self defence.

There is something seriously wrong with our government, and the people who voted for and allow these politicians to do this to us!

We know the only people who should have firearms in Australia now are a small minority of LAFO's and police, so what do the SHEEPLE call for as firearm crime is ever increasing? Another CRACK DOWN ON FIREARM OWNERSHIP! Some radical greens even suggest the police be disarmed!

Since the steal back, we must ask ourselves, Why does the media not want us to be able to defend our liberty as a law abiding citizen? Why is there so much news of violent crime on Australian news...but very little news of suspects caught?
How can a drug dealer illegally buy a handgun, but only be to be prosecuted with a $2800 fine with no conviction recorded? This man, with a long criminal history, bought an illegal-gun-for-drug-trade-protection.

A LAFO would immediately get 10 years goal, no questions asked, for just having an illegal firearm in our gun safe.

Why and how does a man defending himself in his own home, who overpowers one of the thugs, using their weapon, and kills one of them, gets charged with manslaughter?

Like I said, there is something seriously wrong with Australia's Government and its justice system.

Haz.

Surfside Buslines driver left bloodied after shocking attack at Southport , Brisbane.

Surfside Buslines driver left bloodied after shocking attack at Southport

« on: Today at 04:53:12 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify

This p***k attacked the bus driver at 8:30 am this morning, but we wont let the medja know about this attack untill about 4:30 pm, give the p***k time to get away! He is described as being in his Early 20s, has a dark complexion, a medium build, tattoos and sports a mohawk hairstyle and is shirtless.

<http://www.news.com.au/national/surfside-buslines-driver-left-bloodied-after-shocking-attack-at-southport/story-fncynjr2-1226860933707>

Surfside Buslines driver left bloodied after shocking attack at Southport

This story was published: 1 hour ago March 21, 2014 4:48PM

"

"UPDATED: POLICE are searching for a man who viciously assaulted a bus driver in Southport this morning ... and it was all over a fare.

The man, described as wearing no shirt, grey board shorts and carrying a black backpack was captured on camera dragging the 63-year-old driver out of the bus on to the ground and

CCTV footage of a man who attacked a bus driver at Southport

CCTV footage of a man who attacked a bus driver at Southport Source: Supplied
punching him in a vicious attack at a bus stop at the corner of Nerang and Pohlman Streets.

Detective Acting Inspector Paul Austin says the attack occurred about 8.30am when the passenger boarded the bus and tried to pay with a pre-paid travel card, or GoCard, which didn’t have any money on it.

The culprit then tried to pay with a $50 note, but the 63-year-old driver did not have sufficient change."

Welcome to the Gold Coast Queensland Australia, nice place for a holiday, just don't use public transport. Its safer to walk.

Last edited:

DW98

Thanks for the support, Ron. We appreciate it.

I was up at my local newsagent earlier and someone had smashed nearly every window at the front of the shop. The owner told me it's fairly common. He's been robbed (twice at gunpoint) multiple times as well. Good times... :rolleyes:

Did you see those teenage girls beating the old man on the bus? Disgusting. Even worse is that no one stopped them.

Welcome to the Gold Coast Queensland Australia, nice place for a holiday, just don't use public transport. Its safer to walk.

Here's a photo of the attack on the bus driver you mentioned.

1960135_746936171985904_629772733_n.jpg

Last time I was in Surfers Paradise I saw a group of about 15 brawling outside my hotel the first night I was there. Seems far too common these days.

I have to laugh at this.

[video=youtube;rjacDMLBk6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjacDMLBk6A[/video]

I noticed that the QLD police have said that crime is up, as it is in Victoria, NSW and Tasmania.

According to the Queensland police website:

Violent crime: Up 1.7%

Drug offences (trafficking, possession etc.): Up 5.2%

Theft/robbery: Up 8.7%

Tasmania is running a firearms amnesty this weekend. I wonder how many criminals will be handing over their firearms.

Last edited:

Haz.

Here it is, and its a permanent amnesty to boot. Of the three hundred handed in so far, not one was handed in by a known criminal.

Firearms Amnesty - Devonport and Burnie (22-23 March)

Friday, 7 March 2014 - 11:30am

The Tasmania Police mobile firearms amnesty is moving to Devonport and Burnie later this month.

Police in the Western District will establish a mobile Police Station at two locations over the weekend of 22 and 23 March, where anyone with an unwanted firearm or ammunition can hand it to police.

“Our mobile amnesties in Hobart and Launceston last year resulted in almost 300 firearms handed in, and we are now providing that opportunity for residents around Devonport and Burnie,” said Sergeant Peter May.

“Mobile police stations at the Devonport Showground on Saturday 22 March and at the Burnie Showground on Sunday 23 March offer secure sites for handing over firearms or ammunition. We don’t turn anyone away and people can remain anonymous if they wish.”

“Police officers will also be available to provide advice about appropriate storage requirements.”

“Police would also like to remind anyone with unwanted or unregistered firearms that there is a permanent amnesty for handing them over at any police station,” said Sergeant May.

The amnesty means no action will be taken against anyone who voluntarily surrenders to a police station, a firearm or firearms, which they are not authorised to possess under the Firearms Act.

Firearms are surrendered for a number of reasons, including that they are unregistered, no longer needed or belonged to a deceased relative.

Advice for anyone who wants to hand over a firearm or ammunition:
22 March 2014 - Devonport Showgrounds 9am – 5pm.
23 March 2014 – Burnie Showgrounds 9am – 5am.
Ensure the firearm is unloaded before transporting it.
Park in the designated area, where a police officer will assist.

Members of the public can also attend the mobile Police Station and speak to officers in relation to any information they may have on firearm crime or any other offences. Alternatively information can be passed to Crime Stoppers 24 hours a day on 1800 333 000.

Haz.

Media Releases Tasmania Police.

Armed Robbery Valern Hotel

Friday, 21 March 2014 - 11:01am

At 00:50 on Friday 21st March 2014 a man armed with a knife has entered the Valern Hotel.

Identity Required

Wednesday, 19 March 2014 - 3:35pm

Police are seeking assistance from members of the public in identifying the 2 men depicted in the photographs relating to an incident in Harrington Street at 2.00am on 2nd March 2014.

Burglary in Glenorchy

Tuesday, 18 March 2014 - 1:54pm

Police are investigating a burglary in Chapel Street Glenorchy between Friday night 14 March...

Firearms seizure, Devonport

Tuesday, 18 March 2014 - 11:06am

Officers from Western Drug Investigation Services have seized a number of firearms and illegal...

Investigations continuing into Wilmot Store Fire

Monday, 17 March 2014 - 2:55pm

Detectives from Devonport Criminal Investigation Branch are continuing to investigate the fire that destroyed the Wilmot Country Store on 24 January 2014.

Missing Person – Michael Wayne McDonald

Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 2:08am

Police are seeking information in relation to the location of Michael Wayne McDonald.

Burglary and Stealing, Hobart Music Centre

Friday, 14 March 2014 - 3:30pm

Detectives from Hobart CIB are investigating an incident of Burglary and Stealing from the Hobart Music Centre on Elizabeth Street.

Ravenswood Arson Offender Charged by Police

Friday, 14 March 2014 - 12:25am

At around 5pm Thursday 13/3/14 the bushland South/East of Tandara Street, Ravenswood was deliberately set alight. The fire was contained by Tasmania Fire Service through a controlled burn of the surrounding vegetation. No properties were in danger, but Ravenswood was blanketed by thick smoke for several hours.

Identity required

Thursday, 13 March 2014 - 11:19am

Police investigating a stealing incident at a business premises on Main Road, Derwent Park, on Tuesday 11 February 2014, are hoping the pictured man can assist with their enquiries.

Man charged over waterfront assault

Wednesday, 12 March 2014 - 3:47pm

Police in Hobart have charged an 18 year old man from Howrah with assault.

DW98

No shootings? Must have been a slow day.

I've got some friends there, they say the only thing it's got going for it is the nice scenery. Last year there were 6 shootings over about a week in one of their areas, including one innocent person who was shot in a drive-by shooting. Thankfully they lived.

Street performer attacked in Perth.

[video=youtube;_uAZ28em43w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uAZ28em43w[/video]

Last edited:

DW98

Man dead after Melbourne shooting

Homicide Squad detectives are investigating after a man was found dead with a gunshot wound to the chest in west Melbourne on Saturday.

Police investigate Melbourne north shooting

A GUNMAN is on the run after leaving his victim bloodied and wounded in the driveway of his home following a suburban shooting in Melbourne's north.

Melbourne home sprayed with bullets

Two children have escaped injury after a Melbourne home was peppered with bullets.

Police investigate west Sydney shooting

Moorebank - A house has been sprayed with bullets and the owners car set alight early this morning.

Gold Coast crime statistics for this year.

Assault: Up 15.4%

Drugs: Up 7%

Theft/Robbery: Up 11.5%

Last edited:

DW98

Innocent bystander shot after double shooting

AN innocent bystander is in critical condition after being shot when he intervened in an argument on a western Sydney street. Another man, a 19-year-old, is also in hospital after being shot four times.

Two men have been shot in what police suspect was a bungled armed robbery by a group of men, including one with a facial tattoo, in a residential street in Sydney’s west.

One of the injured men, who is aged in his 50s, is believed to have been shot in the chest when he came out of his house on Lansdowne Street in Merrylands to investigate an argument he heard.The man, who police believe was an innocent bystander, is now fighting for his life in Westmead Hospital where he underwent surgery on Thursday morning. Police said he was in a critical and unstable condition.

Gunman on the run after shooting

A GUNMAN remains on the run after a man was shot in the stomach at a house in Melbourne's east this morning.

Gold Coast Hinterland drive-by shooting

A 60-year-old woman was inside a bedroom when a bullet ricocheted through the wall, during a suspected drive-by shooting on the Gold Coast Hinterland, police say.

Man fires gun on front lawn after argument with family - Lurnea

Police hunt for Wickham Park killer

HOG-tied, stripped naked from the waist and dumped face down and dead in the middle of a Wickham park for the first early morning walker and her dog to stumble upon.

Newcastle police are investigating the murder of a 52-year-old Mayfield man after his body was found lying in Thomas Armstrong Oval yesterday morning.

Specialist forensic officers were examining the dead man’s Mayfield home last night and police had also established a crime scene on Ash Island where a car, believed to be linked to the murder, was found.

A vehicle was hauled off the isolated island late yesterday with a police escort.

Newcastle police have launched Strike Force Harrogate to investigate the death and say they have put the NSW Homicide Squad on notice.

Brisbane woman killed in hotel room

DETECTIVES are investigating if a murdered Singaporean student found in a Brisbane hotel was to be involved in an arranged marriage.

Police sources told The Courier-Mail horrific stab wounds were inflicted on the student’s stomach in one of the most brutal attacks seen. Meena Narayanan, 27, was stabbed to death, her body found inside a third-floor room at the Travelodge in Upper Mount Gravatt early yesterday.

A man, 31, who police will allege stabbed the student to death, was found with suspected self-inflicted wounds and taken to the PA Hospital in a serious condition.

Man murders paraplegic son

A Midland man is due to face court today accused of killing his paraplegic son last week.

Tyron Paul Honeywood, 25, was found dead in his Cope Street home in Midland about 8am. He had been living with his father at the time. Major crime squad detectives yesterday charged Mr Honeywood's 60-year-old father with the murder of his son.