• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's see how gun control is working for us

Haz.

Thanks Rusty young man.

How's this for Gun Control working Down Under! And, its foolish to stand up to an armed robber, UNARMED! Police, as all ways, here at least, arrived after the event!

"
Robbers shoot at man's head

This story was published: 1 hour ago April 27, 2014 7:49AM

AN armed robber shot at the head of a man who stood up to him during the robbery of a NSW south coast club, police say.

Thankfully the bullet missed its mark, slamming into the wall behind him.

Two men entered the Kiama club late on Saturday night, threatened staff with a pistol and a knife and demanded cash.

"Officers have been told a male patron challenged the man armed with the gun, and in turn, he pointed it towards his head and pulled the trigger," police said.

The shot missed and hit the wall behind the man.

The robbers then ran away and police arrived shortly after.

Investigators are looking for the men, one described as Caucasian, about 165cm tall, and with a thin build and blond hair.

Police said he was wearing a black hooded Adidas jumper, dark tracksuit pants and white Dunlop Volley shoes.

The second robber, also Caucasian in appearance, was about 175cm tall, with a thin build and short brown hair. He was wearing a black jumper and black tracksuit pants, and carrying a blue sports bag."

Last edited:

DW98

What a pathetic justice system.

[video=youtube;yFPoBVpxRUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPoBVpxRUs[/video]

Man stabbed to death at birthday party

A 21ST birthday party turned to tragedy after two friends came to blows, leaving a 25-year-old Port Noarlunga South man dead of knife wounds.

Kane Bogner was fatally stabbed outside the party as his partner and their friends stood by helplessly in the early hours of Saturday morning.

A 30-year-old man sought by police was arrested at a house at Dover Gardens early on Saturday afternoon.

Police say they were called to Fremantle Rd, Port Noarlunga South, shortly after 4am after reports of an altercation outside a party.

Close family friend Felicia Mikolaj, whose son Tim was celebrating his birthday at the address, said Mr Bogner was “like a son” to her.

“We lost a very close and dear friend of ours,” she said.

“It was my son’s 21st birthday party, he (Mr Bogner) was like a son to me ... I think there was about 15 people there because it was in the early hours.

“It was horrifying, there was blood everywhere ... he died in my son’s arms.”

Ms Mikolaj said Mr Bogner was much-loved by his friends and family and planned to start a life with his partner, who yesterday was in shock.

“He’s going to be extremely missed,” she said.

“He was loved and my heart goes out to his dad. They (Kane and his partner) planned on growing old together and that’s been taken away.

“I just can’t believe you can do that to other people.”

Man charged with murder after stabbings

A man has appeared in court charged with murder after a 20-year-old man was stabbed to death in the Hunter region on Friday night.

Two 20-year-old men with stab wounds walked into Cessnock District Hospital about 9pm following the attacks allegedly at house in John Street, Cessnock.

One of the men, who was from Cessnock, died soon after arriving at hospital, police said. The other man suffered a minor stab wound to his arm which was not considered to be life threatening.

After police and forensic investigators examined the house at John Street they arrested a third 20-year-old man at another address in Cessnock. He was charged with murder, carrying a cutting weapon and reckless wounding.

A police spokeswoman said police alleged that the man who was charged with murder stabbed both victims and that the stabbings were not thought to be random attacks.

Maitland police Chief Inspector Greg Linsell said the man was stabbed in a fight at the house, but not during a party.

He said the second stabbing victim had suffered a minor stab wound to his arm trying to break up the fight, but his injury was not considered to be life threatening.

"He drove the victim that died to the hospital," Chief Inspector Linsell said.

He said the three men were all from Cessnock and had known each other.

Central Hunter police were also called to a brawl between family members and friends of the two victims in the hospital car park shortly after the victims arrived.

House shot at in random attack

POLICE say mystery surrounds the discovery of five bullet holes in a roller door at a Modbury home.

The residents were away Friday night and returned home about 11.30am the next day to find the holes in the roller door in what police say was a random attack.

Four .22-calibre shell casings were later found near the roller door.

However, a statement by police made it clear they did not believe the family was targeted or had any likely connection with the shooters, leaving the reason for the attack a mystery.

“Police attended and, after speaking with residents in the area, believe loud bangs, similar to gun shots, were heard in the area and a car speeding off at about 9.30pm (Friday) night,’’ a police spokesman said.

Police investigate murder of woman, 26, at Bingil Bay, and stabbing death of woman, 27, at Woree

QUEENSLAND police have launched a homicide investigation into the suspicious death of a woman in north Queensland.

The body of a 26-year-old Feluga woman was discovered on Bingil Bay Road at Bingil Bay, 140 kilometres south of Cairns yesterday about 5pm.

It is understood a crime scene has been established at a residential address in the seaside town.

Forensic investigators were travelling to the scene at 1.35am.

Police are also investigating the fatal stabbing of a woman in north Queensland.

Initial information suggests police were called to an address in Woree, in Cairns, just before 4am after a 27-year-old woman was located with stab wounds.

A 32-year-old Lockhart River man, known to the woman, is assisting police with investigations into the suspicious death.

It is understood the man and woman were known to each other.

Haz.

Too late, she's been mooned, the weapon was an EXPOSED weapon!

Only happens in the land of NO-GUNS! Its like living in a pub with no beer?

I have to laugh at our media sometimes. Yesterday a report stated that a car was searched and two sawn off firearms and 2 bullets were found. Both firearms were INSECURE and the ammo was also INSECURE.

I suppose one would feel insecure if ones barrel was sawn off.

Today we have this; These blokes were charged with "Carrying an exposed weapon." Does that mean the weapon was undressed and its trigger was exposed?"

"
Men 'aimed rifle' during Qld police chase

This story was published: 30 minutes ago April 28, 2014 7:09AM

TWO men have been accused of driving head-on into traffic and aiming a rifle at police and other motorists north of Brisbane.

Officers noticed a vehicle being driven erratically at Caboolture on Saturday afternoon.

As they followed, the driver sped onto the wrong side of several roads, almost crashing into other drivers, and also ran a red light.

During the pursuit, the car was driven at a police motorcycle and a rifle was aimed out the window at officers and another vehicle.

The driver was able to lose police but officers tracked two men to a Narangba address and arrested them on Sunday.

The pair, aged 22 and 25, are facing a raft of serious charges including dangerous conduct with a weapon, carrying an exposed weapon in a public place and obstructing police.

They are also facing a range of traffic charges and will front Caboolture Magistrates Court on Monday."

DW98

They were armed? How? :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;oC1AjvE2aZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1AjvE2aZg&hd=1[/video]

DW98

Haven't been checking the news much lately.

This would make the 70th or so shooting for western Sydney this year.

Three shootings in Sydney's south

POLICE are trying to determine whether there are links between three shootings within 90 minutes of each other in Sydney's south.

Two homes and a car were peppered with bullets at Revesby, Bexley North and Brighton Le-Sands between 9pm and 10.30pm on Tuesday night, police report.

A family of five escaped injury at their Revesby home when it was shot at least 13 times at about 9pm.

Police say an elderly couple, their middle-aged son and his two children, were home at the time.It is believed the middle-aged man is known to police.

Police believe gunshots were fired at a house in Brighton Le-Sands at about 10.15pm.

Police believe the residents were home at the time but were not injured.

Then about 15 minutes later, bullets shattered the windows of a parked car at Bexley North, which is about five kilometres from Brighton Le-Sands.

NSW Police Inspector Ian McCarthy said on Wednesday police were already investigating links between the Revesby and Bexley North shootings.

"Police are investigating links between the two shootings ... just the close proximity between the two," he said.

"They were within an hour of each other."

Police have since confirmed they are investigating if all three shootings are linked.

Last edited:

Haz.

And the coalition for gun control, about two people and one or two goons, are calling for tougher firearms laws???? I'm sure criminals are shaking in their boots laughing1

Midwest

Long ago I heard a story of someone who had to visit New Jersey and wanted something to defend himself since NJ doesn't allow people to carry a firearm. He kept a can of bug spray in his car, in case someone tried to carjack him or if the car broke down in a rough part of town late at night.

I have heard other stories of people having a baseball bat (along with a baseball glove, baseball) in the back seat. This way if the cops stopped him, he could justify having the base ball bat in the car because it also had the Baseball and the glove.

Naturally in Australia no one would have a baseball bat, but a cricket bat and associated cricket gear in the back seat could make a justifiable excuse. Likewise having plumbing supplies in a box like some short pipes, pipe solder, pipe couplings and other assorted plumbing supplies would also make a justifiable excuse for having such items in a car.

Last edited:

DW98

Long ago I heard a story of someone who had to visit New Jersey and wanted something to defend himself since NJ doesn't allow people to carry a firearm. He kept a can of bug spray in his car, in case someone tried to carjack him or if the car broke down in a rough part of town late at night.

I have heard other stories of people having a baseball bat (along with a baseball glove, baseball) in the back seat. This way if the cops stopped him, he could justify having the base ball bat in the car because it also had the Baseball and the glove.

Naturally in Australia no one would have a baseball bat, but a cricket bat and associated cricket gear in the back seat could make a justifiable excuse. Likewise having plumbing supplies in a box like some short pipes, pipe solder, pipe couplings and other assorted plumbing supplies would also make a justifiable excuse for having such items in a car.

I could keep bug spray in the car with me, but it's a no on the cricket bat. It would have to be kept in the boot. If I was pulled over and they saw a bat, pipe etc. on the back seat I could get in trouble since it could be used as a weapon :rolleyes: A friend of mine got in trouble for having a hammer in the glove box. I keep a baseball bat next to my bed.

Police officers in Australia have pretty strong search powers. They can detain, search you and your vehicle/property without a warrant. I've seen them stop vehicles just for random searches before. I'm not exactly sure how it is in the U.S, but US LEO's I've spoken to said they were surprised.

Last edited:

DW98

NSW man who stabbed neighbour gets 8 years Better than a lot of sentences I've heard of recently.

A SYDNEY man has been sentenced to at least six years imprisonment for stabbing his "loud and aggressive" neighbour to death.

Viengsavanh Phanekham, 37, was originally charged with the murder of his neighbour, Mark Puffett, 34, outside his Ambarvale home in southwest Sydney on June 20, 2012.
But a trial last year found him guilty of manslaughter.

The court heard Phanekham was playing a "violent action hacker, slasher" computer game when he heard a drunk Mr Puffett yelling.

When Phanekham told Mr Puffett to "shut the f*** up", the 34-year-old challenged him, saying: "Come out."

Armed with at least one knife and wearing a hood over his head, Phanekham went downstairs and confronted him, before stabbing Mr Puffett in the stomach.

He died at the scene.

After taking into account his moderate risk of reoffending and early guilty plea, Justice Beech-Jones sentenced him to a maximum of eight years.

Given time already served, he could be released in June 2018.

This piece of sh!t will probably be out in 10 to 15 years.

Rape and murder of toddler stuns Coffs Coast community

THE rape and murder of a two-year-old girl has cast a shadow over Coffs Harbour, where a man remains behind bars, accused of the unthinkable.

Police believe the toddler's mother was away from the family home for just 20 minutes when her 23-year-old partner Thomas Lock attacked her daughter on Easter Sunday.

In a sickening string of events, Lock allegedly helped the mother and another family member transport the girl's broken body to hospital, claiming to have no knowledge of what had caused the injuries to her tiny organs.

At first, doctors looked at a possible mystery illness but after the toddler tragically died the following day, an autopsy allegedly uncovered something far more sinister.

Follow-up inquiries led police back to the home where Lock was arrested on Thursday and charged with murder and aggravated sexual assault.

A search of the home also allegedly uncovered methamphetamines.

Coffs/Clarence Crime Manager, Detective Inspector Darren Jameson said while the death of any young child was tragic, the details of the investigation had taken their toll on police and the wider community.

He described the "significant" internal injuries as being consistent with repeated blows to the stomach.

He also stressed the girl's mother had not been home at the time and no further charges would be laid.

Lock did not appear in the Coffs Harbour Local Court where bail was formally refused on Friday morning.

Limited details were read out but APN Newsdesk understands the accused and the toddler's mother had only been in a relationship for a few months and were living at Park Beach.

It is also understood both had grown up in the Coffs Harbour area.

Visiting magistrate Robert Rabbidge this morning ruled it in the community's interest to identify the alleged child killer.

He will return to court on July 22.

Meanwhile the police are offering one million dollar rewards for murders of criminals (not including the woman) :rolleyes:

A total of $3 million in rewards has been offered for information relating to three unsolved murders believed to have been committed by the same hitman.

Maryanna Lanciana was shot and killed in her Werribee home in 1984, some time between 10pm on July 2 and 1pm on July 2.

Ms Lanciana’s 23-month-old son was asleep in the house when the 23-year-old was killed.

Police offered a $50,000 reward for information about the killing the following year, which on Friday was increased to $1 million.

Homicide Squad Detective Inspector John Potter said police now believed the same offenders responsible for Ms Lanciana’s death were also behind the unsolved murders of
Dimitrios Belias and George Germanos.

Rewards of $1 million for information relating to the latter pair’s killing were announced in April, and the Yarra River was searched in March for evidence.

Mr Belias, 38, was killed by a single bullet to the head on September 9, 1999, and was found in a car park below a St Kilda Road office building.

Mr Germanos, 41, was shot in the head and chest, and dumped in an Armadale park on March 22, 2001.

Mr Belias was a property developer who owed significant debts to gangland figures, while Mr Germanos was a part-time security guard who had known connections with the underworld.

“There is now a total of $3 million in rewards on offer to anyone who can provide information about the murders of Ms Lanciana, Mr Belias and Mr Germanos,” Inspector Potter said.

“While I understand some people might be fearful about coming forward, we will protect you and can put measures in place for anyone concerned about their safety.”

There were no signs of forced entry to Ms Lanciana’s house after she was killed, and detectives were told at the time that two friends had visited her at 8pm on the Monday night before she was killed.

Her husband had spent the night at his parents' house and returned to the house on the Tuesday just before 1pm to find her dead.

Last edited:

DW98

St Albans man dead after intruder stabbing

A man has died after he was stabbed by an intruder inside his home in Melbourne’s north-west.

Police say the victim, in his 20s, was stabbed by a male intruder inside the Adams Street, St Albans, house about 4.45am on Tuesday.

The injured man was taken to Sunshine Hospital by his family, where he later died.

A neighbour said she heard the sounds of a car revving at the time of the incident.

"I heard something, I don't know if it was a scooter or car or what," she said.

"I thought maybe it was someone stealing a car."

Reciza Schopov, who also lives in the street, said she was now scared to stay in her neighbourhood.

"I feel terrible," she said.

"I'm just so sorry for these people."

A section of the street has been cordoned off by police. Homicide squad investigators had arrived by about 8am.

Police are keen to speak with any neighbours or witnesses who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the area.

Young architect found murdered

A young Melbourne architect is believed to have been murdered in his Albert Park townhouse. His body was found by a family member on Monday morning.

It is understood the body of James Crawford, 33, was found by his sister in his home above a vintage shop in Cardigan Place, near the corner of Merton Street, from which he ran his architecture firm Inner Arc.

Police said he suffered several blows to his torso with a sharp object. It is possible his body could have been in the house as long as two weeks.

James was the son of television producer Henry Crawford, who won an Emmy Award for the show A Town like Alice, and screenwriter Sarah Darling and was also the grandson of Gordon Darling, founding patron of the National Portrait Gallery.

Henry Crawford, who spoke moments before flying out from New Zealand to be with his family, said he was in shock.

"It's horrid, it's a bit of a state of shock and you feel powerless," Mr Crawford said.

The homicide squad investigating James' death has appealed for witnesses or neighbours who may have heard or seen anything suspicious to come forward.

NSW man dies after one-punch assault

Raynor Manalad was a nurse, a brother, a son and a friend. He was a man whose life was ended by a single punch.

Police will allege the recent university graduate was struck once in the face outside a 21st birthday party at Rooty Hill in Sydney’s west on Saturday.

He was knocked unconscious and died the next day.

The alleged attack comes after two Sydney teenagers Daniel Christie and Thomas Kelly were killed by single punches in Kings Cross.

Hugh Bacalla Garth, 21, of Blacktown, was charged with the assault that led to Mr Manalad’s death and will remain in custody until he appears in court on Wednesday.

Man beaten to death - Adelaide CBD

A man has been charged with the murder of another man who was found unconscious with head injuries in Adelaide's CBD on the weekend.

The 44-year-old man, from One Tree Hill, died in hospital on Monday after being found unconscious in the early hours of Sunday at the corner of Rundle Street and Synagogue Place.

Police on Monday afternoon said they have arrested a 24-year-old Lewiston man for murder in relation to the assault.

No further suspects were being sought by police.

The man is expected to appear in the Adelaide magistrates court on Tuesday.

Woman allegedly gang-raped in Port Macquarie

Police are hunting three men after a 20-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped at Port Macquarie on the NSW mid north coast.

The woman was walking near a busy intersection in the seaside town on Sunday morning when she was approached by three men, police said.

She told police the men pushed her to the ground and indecently assaulted her and that one man had also sexually assaulted her.

A passer-by found the woman on the street and rang police. The woman was taken to Port Macquarie Hospital for treatment and later discharged.

Police are looking for three men in their 20s, one of whom is described as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance with short, brown spiky hair and bushy eyebrows, wearing a red and white striped shirt.

Price of violence strikes close to home for Minister Bess Price

NORTHERN Territory minister Bess Price has issued a heartfelt plea to “stop this cycle of violence” in indigenous communities after her sister was fatally stabbed at a town camp on Tuesday night.

The high-profile Territory Minister for Community Services has been a passionate opponent of violence against women.

Yesterday, she woke to the news it had struck her own family. “I am devastated,’’ Ms Price said. “I have been a victim and also witnessed violence in our communities. We, as a society, must stop this cycle of violence.”

The 46-year-old victim, who has not been named for cultural reasons, was stabbed twice at the Warlpiri town camp outside Katherine, about 320km southeast of Darwin, just before midnight on Tuesday. She died in hospital.

A 32-year-old woman has been taken into custody and is helping police with their inquiries. It is understood police are treating the incident as a homicide. The alleged offender was reportedly a visitor from Western Australia.

“Violence of any type is an issue that we as a community cannot remain silent about,” Ms Price said.

“Despite the fact that Aboriginal women in the NT make up only 0.3 per cent of all Australian women, they account for 14 per cent of all the female hospitalisations for assault in the entire country.”

Last edited:

DW98

Man and woman assisting police over Bruce Hwy shooting

A man and a woman are currently assisting police with their inquiries into an alleged shooting on the Bruce Hwy at 3.30am.

Police continue to investigate reports of a vehicle being chased and fired upon by the occupants of another vehicle heading north on the Bruce Highway between Gladstone and Rockhampton.

Early investigations located a vehicle matching the description, in a car park on the Fitzroy River, however, this has been ruled out of the investigation as a vehicle of interest.

A further vehicle, which police believe contained the female caller, has now been located in the Mt Archer area.

No one was injured during the alleged incident.

This vehicle has been declared a crime scene and investigations are continuing.

Shots fired at moving car

AT LEAST five shots were fired at a moving car in a Clovelly Park street overnight.

Police are seeking three men involved in the incident that occurred in Finchley St just after 9.30pm.

Police say the incident was not random and that the men are believed to be known to each other, however the incident was very reckless and dangerous.

They have released CCTV footage showing men they want to speak to.

And they say they would like to speak with a cyclist seen at the beginning of the footage, who rides past moments before the men approach the house.

Call for urgent firearm reform

GUN control advocates are calling for urgent firearm reform after the use of semi-automatic weapons on the streets of Launceston.

Launceston has endured a spate of firearm incidents in the past month and in some cases seen semi-automatics been used to shoot up a car and allegedly commit armed robbery.

House fired at - Cabramatta

A home on Harrington Street in Cabramatta West was sprayed with bullets at around 1am this morning (14-05)

No one was injured during the shooting.

NSW children uninjured after shots

A couple and three children have avoided injury as shots were fired into a house in the NSW Illawarra region.

The group were inside a Wollongong house when shots were fired in the front window about 8.30pm (AEST) on Wednesday.

A person was seen running from the area, and police have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.

DW98

One dead, one injured after Melbourne shooting

NEIGHBOURS of a man who has been shot dead in Melbourne’s north say they tried to save him.

Homicide detectives are now investigating the murder in Melbourne’s north, after officers were called to an address in Epping following reports of shots being fired.

The man’s neighbour, nurse Debbie Tuckerman, called police when she heard about six shots being fired and tried to treat him.

She told ABC Radio she couldn’t find a pulse and her husband Gary said the man had been shot in the chest.

When police arrived at Plowman Court they found one man dead and another injured.

It is believed that a number of gunmen fled on foot following the shooting.

The injured man was taken to hospital with non-life threatening leg injuries.

Homicide Squad detectives are currently at the scene and the investigation is ongoing.

Man arrested after Bentleigh shooting

A man shot in the lower body in Melbourne's south-east has been taken to hospital and his alleged shooter arrested, police say.

The man, believed to be aged in his mid 20s, suffered a gunshot wound to his lower body at a property in North Road, Bentleigh just after 10.30am, a police spokeswoman said.

An Ambulance Victoria spokeswoman said the man was taken to The Alfred hospital in a stable condition. His injuries are not life-threatening.

A man aged in his late 20s to 30s is in custody. Police say the men are known to each other but would not comment on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.

It is not believed that anyone else was at the scene when the man was shot.

Bodies found - Encounter Bay

Police are currently on scene at a property in Nicolas Baudin Drive, Encounter Bay, where the bodies of a man and woman have been found.

Police believe a weapon was used.

It is believed at this stage to be a murder-suicide.

Investigations are continuing.

It is the third murder in the neighbourhood in a month.

Sex predator targeting Melbourne joggers It's a shame that these women don't have the option to give the creep a blast of pepper spray.

Police in Melbourne are hunting a sexual predator who is targeting women joggers wearing headphones.

The man has attacked three women over the past two weeks, grabbing each of them from behind and indecently assaulting them.

The first two attacks happened in Newport, while the third and latest incident was on Wednesday, near the Yarraville Gardens in neighbouring Yarraville.

In all three cases the women were running between the hours of 6am and 8am (AEST) with headphones on.

Third woman attacked in Brunswick near where Jill Meagher was killed Not related to the story above.

A woman was sexually assaulted in Brunswick on Friday night, a week after two women were attacked in the same area after leaving Sydney Road bars.

The three attacks occurred in the vicinity of where Jill Meagher was raped and murdered after walking home from a Brunswick bar in 2012.

Victoria Police confirmed that a woman was assaulted in Hope Street at 8pm.

The Brunswick West woman was walking through a park when she was grabbed from behind by an unknown attacker.

Sexual Crime Squad detectives have been told the man attempted to sexually assault her but was disturbed by a passing cyclist.

The offender fled the scene and was last seen running west along Hope Street and across a creek.

Fake cops bashing Gold Coast drivers Apparently there have been more cases left unreported by the media.

Men impersonating police officers have been pulling over Gold Coast drivers and bashing them, officers have warned.

Police say three people have been pulled over by what they believed to be unmarked police cars and then bashed by their drivers.

A 24-year-old delivery driver was punched several times in the neck after he stopped on Thursday morning.

Officers say a man driving a white dual-cab ute flagged down the driver, spoke to him briefly and then suddenly attacked him.

In another incident a man in a blue sedan with red and blue strobe lights attached to the grille pulled over an off-duty police officer at Varsity Lakes on Sunday afternoon.

However, the suspicious car then sped off.

A check of the registration revealed the car had been stolen.

Another victim said he was bashed by a man he believed to be a police officer two weeks ago.

Two men used flashing red and blue lights to pull over the car he was travelling in at Bundall.

One man walked up and started yelling at the woman driver, while the other approached the passenger side.

The second man then punched the 64-year-old passenger in the face.

Police are urging anyone who believes they are being pulled over by someone impersonating a police officer to dial 000.

DW98

Security guard shoots dead Gold Coast pub bandit Police say it's unlikely he'll be charged.

A security guard who shot dead an armed bandit outside a Gold Coast tavern appears to have acted instinctively and is deeply traumatised, police say.

The guard was making a cash delivery at the Highland Park Tavern on Monday morning when a bandit, armed with a 9mm pistol, tackled him as he got out of his van.

A struggle broke out and the guard fired several shots at the man.

Police say the alleged bandit suffered a number of gunshot wounds and was dead by the time officers arrived, just before 8am.

The shooting forced the closure of nearby streets, and sent a child-care centre into lockdown.

Last edited:

DW98

Four stabbed in neighbour brawl

A magistrate has described a stabbing brawl between two neighbouring families at Yagoona in Sydney's south-west as "barbaric".

Haider Al Moosawy, 47, and his sons Saggad and Husein appeared in Bankstown local court each charged with wounding with intent to murder a 16-year-old boy.

The charges are a result of an alleged fight between neighbours, which police were called to just before 3pm (AEST) on Sunday.

When officers arrived they found five people injured, four of them had been stabbed.

Magistrate Elaine Truscott told the court Moosawy allegedly came armed with three knives, one for him and one for each of his sons.

It is alleged the 16-year-old boy was stabbed seven times.

The court also heard the father allegedly stabbed the boy's 24-year-old sister in the eye with a screwdriver then turned her over and stabbed her in the back.

Magistrate Truscott said both victims lost large quantities of blood.

She also labelled the alleged offences as "barbaric".

Bail was refused for all three men.

Shots fired into house - Bossley Park

Police are investigating a drive-by shooting in Bossley Park overnight.

About 1.20am today (19-05), police were called to Candlewood Street after reports a number of shots had been fired into a residence.

The occupants of the house were inside asleep at the time of the incident, but no-one was injured.

Man stabbed fending off Vic home invaders

A man has been stabbed in the neck after confronting three men trying to get into his Melbourne home.

Six people asleep inside the Reservoir home were woken by noise at the back of the house early on Monday.

Detective Sergeant Warren Chapman said they disturbed a man who was trying to get in through a window.

He said a 37-year-old man and another person went out the front door and into the driveway to find three men, aged between 18-30.

"The victim was stabbed to the neck and received a superficial injury to his shoulder," Det Sgt Chapman told reporters.

"He suffered quite a lot of blood loss."

Det Sgt Chapman said the pair ran back inside the home and the three men tried to follow them, attempting to force open the front security door.

The offenders then ran off.

One of the men is described as 1.8m tall wearing a puffer-style jacket. Another man wore a brown shirt.

A spokesperson from the Royal Melbourne Hospital said the victim remains in a stable condition.

DW98

Man shot in targeted Sydney attack

A YOUNG man shot in the back following a fist fight in a western Sydney street is known to police.

The 19-year-old is undergoing surgery in Liverpool Hospital but police were able to speak to him quickly when he arrived on Friday night, a few hours after he was shot in the Green Valley cul-de-sac.

"He has advised us of the possible first names of some people involved," local police Superintendent James Johnson told reporters on Saturday.

Supt Johnson said police believe a confrontation occurred just before the shooting.

"The information we have, there was a heated discussion in the street and a fight, a fist fight," he said.

It's believed the man was shot in the upper back.

His injuries aren't life threatening.

Police wouldn't say if he was shot while trying to run or what type of gun was used.

Supt Johnson said the residential street, where officers found blood and a spent cartridge, was quiet.

"It is a very usual event," he said.

Shots fired - Merrylands

Police are on the hunt for a gunman after he opened fired at a group of men in Merrylands yesterday afternoon.

About 5.30pm (22-05), three men met with a group of approximately 20 people at a park on Woodville Road and Merrylands Road, where they spoke briefly then all left the scene.

The three men later returned when a group of four men confronted them, one on them pulled out a gun and shot at them.

A 21-year-old man was then assaulted by the group before all four ran from the scene.

Investigations continue.

Father stops robbery by armed men"After their terrifying ordeal, Bill Lee still feels lucky he was home to protect his family". Yeah, home to protect his family unarmed against armed criminals.

[video=youtube;J2VA_-mcgAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2VA_-mcgAA[/video]

Last edited:

DW98

"They say anyone who disturbs a thief or intruder should first consider their personal safety and call 000." That'll do wonders if they're already in the house :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;56TPLuR3oHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56TPLuR3oHc[/video]

DW98

Gunman targets Melbourne family Interesting that I can't find anything about the February second shooting on the media or police crime updates page.

Crime Investigation Unit detectives are appealing for public assistance after a Thomastown family has been the victim of five shooting incidents over the past seven months.

Three shootings took place between November 23-25 targeting private homes in Chateau Court, Thomastown and Vanbrook Crescent, Mill Park and the family business in Metrolink Circuit, Campbellfield.

The next incident happened on 15 December at the Chateau Court home in Thomastown.

On this occasion an unknown offender knocked on the front door just before midnight introducing himself as John.

When the victim asked what he wanted, the offender produced a hand gun and fired a shot through the door, narrowly missing the victim and going through several plaster walls.

The victim’s wife and three children were asleep in the house at the time of the attack but were not injured.

The offender ran from the house and fled the scene in a white Nissan Navara with black roll bars.

The last incident happened on the 2nd of February at the same address where a number of shots were fired at the house.

Police have released images and CCTV footage in the hope that some one will recognise the gunman.

Last edited:

DW98

Former detective charged with murder

Sydney's most infamous crooked cop Roger Rogerson is in custody tonight, accused of murder after a two day manhunt.

NSW Police have denied reports that Jamie Gao was working as an informant when he was allegedly murdered during a bungled drug deal last week.

Ten News tonight reported that Gao was working as a police informant in a sophisticated drug investigation when he was allegedly shot by former detectives Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara in a Padstow storage unit last Tuesday.

But NSW Police are adamant the 20-year-old was not involved in any of their operations.

The Australian Crime Commission “could not confirm or deny” if Mr Gao was working for them, according to the report.

IT was in unit 803, a bare brick rented storage room, where Jamie Gao was shot twice in the chest by two former detectives, police will allege.

CCTV footage allegedly shows the ex-cops Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara walking out of the unit alone just 10 minutes after arriving with Mr Gao last Tuesday.

They then backed their own station wagons up to the unit’s roller door, where they allegedly carried out Mr Gao’s body wrapped in a surfboard cover and a blue tarpaulin.

Officers later seized a surfboard from McNamara’s Cronulla home. They also found items of clothing which he had allegedly been seen wearing on the CCTV footage.

The next day, May 21, it is alleged the two men returned and spent 40 minutes cleaning the inside of the Rent-A-Space unit after dumping Mr Gao’s body at sea using McNamara’s 4.5m Quintrex fishing boat.

The shocking details of the young student’s last moments emerged as Rogerson, the country’s most infamous former police officer, yesterday afternoon limped into the dock at Bankstown Local Court during a special late sitting, charged with murdering the 20-year-old a week ago.

Rogerson, 73, was not required to say anything as his lawyer, Paul Kenny, told magistrate Eaine Truscott he would not be applying for bail. Rogerson was remanded in custody to appear at Central Local Court on July 22, the same day as his co-*accused, former Kings Cross detective.

Glen McNamara, 55, who was arrested late on Sunday.

Rogerson had been planning to attend Sydney Police Centre at lunchtime to hand himself in but more than a dozen officers from the elite Serious Crime and Robbery Squad stormed his Padstow home at around 11am yesterday.

They surrounded the house, climbing over the back fence to make sure Rogerson could not escape.

Less than 10 minutes later he was brought out of his house in handcuffs before an awaiting media scrum.

“We’re back to the Gestapo days now,” Rogerson said as he was escorted by detectives through the pack.

After two senior detectives flew to Brisbane on Monday to find him, the decorated former Armed Hold-up Squad officer is believed to have *driven through the night to get home from Brisbane to see his wife Anne Melocco before his arrest.

He arrived home just before dawn yesterday. His wife is said to be *“shattered” by events.

Rogerson had spent the weekend in Brisbane at a speaking engagement with the former bodyguard of notorious Melbourne crook Chopper Read. Read, a fellow author who had shared the speaking circuit with Rogerson, died late last year.

DW98

Man dead, woman injured in Badgerys Creek home invasion

Three men armed with club-like weapons have smashed their way into an elderly couple's home before bashing the man to death and assaulting his wife, police say.

Trucking company owner Keith Cini, aged in his late 60s, was killed in the brutal attack that occurred on their semi-rural property on Elizabeth Drive in Badgerys Creek,

Mr Cini's partner, Lucy, called triple-0 at 4am to say that she and her husband had been the victim of a violent home invasion.

Her husband was unconscious and not breathing, she said.

Police and paramedics arrived at the single-storey brick home a short time later but were unable to revive Mr Cini, who was the director of his own trucking company, Keith Cini Pty Ltd.

The property was also being operated as a piggery, police said.

While Lucy called emergency services at 4am, police said it was unclear when the attack actually occurred.

She was bleeding from her head, and it was possible she had passed out, a NSW Police spokeswoman said.

She was taken to Liverpool Hospital with a head injury and a broken arm.

Detective Inspector Hans Rupp, from the Homicide Squad, said the investigation was in its early stages and police were still searching for a motive.

Earlier on Friday, police said they were investigating whether the couple were attacked in a robbery gone wrong.

"We're taking a statement from the woman in the hospital as we speak now," Detective Inspector Rupp said.

"It was a brutal attack, and clearly the man was very badly assaulted and the woman was also assaulted but she's not in a serious condition."

He said it was unclear how the three men got to the property or fled the house, but detectives were examining CCTV from nearby service stations to try to identify the offenders.

He said the offenders smashed their way into the house before attacking the pair.

"I think [the man] was assaulted with some sort of club," Detective Inspector Rupp said.

Homicide Squad detectives have set up an extensive crime scene and are examining the house, which is located near the intersection with Lawson Road.

The road was initially closed but has been reopened.

The NSW Police spokeswoman was unable to confirm reports that baseball bats were among the weapons used in the attack.

Drive-by shootings - Edensor Park, Bossely Park

Police are investigating two drive-by shootings at nearby locations early this morning.

Just before 3.30am (28-05), the occupants of a home on Dransfield Road, Edensor Park, awoke to the sound of gunshots.

Police were called and located damage to a van parked outside, as well as minor damage to a window shutter and fence.

About 7.30am, police were called to Candlewood Street at Bossley Park after residents discovered damage to a front window.

An occupant reported hearing a loud noise about 4.30am.

No one was injured in either incident.

Police are investigating both incidents and the possibility they are linked.

House shot at - Carringbah South

Police have launched an investigation following a shooting in Caringbah South earlier this evening.

About 8.30pm (Thursday 29 May 2014), officers attached to Miranda Local Area Command were called to a home on Crescent Road after reports of shots fired in the area.

Police subsequently discovered a bullet hole in the front window of the home.

No one was injured during the incident.