• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Living in an apartment complex and OCing

j2l3

imported post

zakst1 wrote:
Maybe I should call the Attorney Generals office on the legality of OC and renting an apartment?
The attorney general won't answer your questions anyway. Only answers questions from elected or appointed government officials such as Chief of Police, Senators, Congressmen, etc...

Bear 45/70

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
zakst1 wrote:
Maybe I should call the Attorney Generals office on the legality of OC and renting an apartment?
The attorney general won't answer your questions anyway. Only answers questions from elected or appointed government officials such as Chief of Police, Senators, Congressmen, etc...
He should as his local state legislator to do it.

zakst1

imported post

I see. I had a question about flying into the communist state of Massachusetts with my firearm checked with my baggage, as it is cheaper into Bopston as it is to fly into the free state of New Hampshire (where I grew up and have family still living there). I called the Mass Attorney General's office as they were the first to come to mind as to seek legal authority. They were at least able to direct me to the right people. That is why I wonder about calling our Attorney General's office, as they may at least direct me to the right source.

Gsx and Bear,

I had problems viewing this site yesterday, so I could not reply. As far as the AK is concerned, I am going to be calling a guy today who I met on the 4th of July who is an AK specific gunsmith. He took one look at my AK and knew right away what was wrong. I am embarressed to say that I bought an AK with screws as opposed to rivets, which means that it was a Romanian kit. It is a beauty, but there is a mechainical problem where the magazine appearantly does not insert far enough to ensure proper feeding. It jammed 5 times out of my first 100 rounds fired. I was under the impression that AK's almost never jammed. The guy I met said he could easily fix this, as well as pop out the screws and put in rivets. I am hoping that I will be able to get my gun over to him this weekend. I bought it out of fear that Obama may rape me of my right to purchase an assault rifle when (if) that freakin communist gets elected. I am on a budget and the wifey could not justify me spending a grand on an AR, so when I saw this AK I thought it was a sweet deal. Regardless of the problem, it was still a pretty good deal.

So my lesson of ignorance to everyone who reads this: if in the market for an AK and you see screws on the lower assembly as opposed to rivets, flags should be raised. :(