• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's 10/28?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You Would Be Surprised How Many Of Us Have Served Our Country...

I do not hate anyone nor am I angry at anyone. The world here in northern Wisconsin is as perfect as one can get.

I also do not engage in offensive name calling or post offensive photos as your dining companions on this forum do.

Rational gun owners who carry a weapon do not throw a hissy fit at every little thing that happens in Madison. I am VERY HAPPY with the current SB35. I feel sorry for the fringe fanatics who will NEVER BE HAPPY with anything.

I also notice that the most vocal fanatics on this forum have never experienced any military service. Since these people are so adamant about their constitutional rights If they are eligible to serve in the military perhaps they should volunteer. It is the ultimate way for them to experience their beloved rights. The Oath of Enlistment is all about defending the Constitution and nothing else.

I served a total of thirty years with my enlistment ending in March, 2008. Many of the Wisconsin Carry members have served in the military and had to do horrible things in combat. Some have killed in combat...some hand to hand. Others that did not serve tried and were denied for physical reasons or because they didn't finish high school. I'm certainly not saying everyone tried to join but I would garner a guess that there are many more that did serve than in the general population. Less than 1% of Americans join the military. I'm sure that our members who served are higher than the national average of 1%. At breakfast this morning at Lizzy's there were five of us at the table: Three of us that I know of served in the military. The other two may or may not have, I never asked. Three out of five served our country for sure. That is much higher than the national average. I took my Oath in January 1978. I will honor and respect my Oath of Enlistment until I am dead. I am also a member of Oathkeepers and will never do anything unconstitutional.

Last December we hosted a Veteran's Dinner at Lizzy's for our American Veterans who have nothing and are living in a home not far from Lizzy's Green Cafe. We provided buses for them to get from the home to the diner and back. I think we had about 50 of them that night. Most of these Veterans have absolutely nothing, some served in WW2, others in Korea, Vietnam and shockingly a few just returned home to the States from Iraq or Afghanistan and couldn't get a job nor support from our government. Seeing the faces of these men who served their country and are living in deplorable conditions with no jobs ripped me apart inside. The same government that sent them to war abandoned them when they returned home.

Believe me those that have been posting here today and other days about you and others like you that attack us were all there at Lizzy's that night. One used his own company for professional photography that night, others donated money for gifts for these men (I think there was one woman Vet there too but I can't remember) and others donated to pay for their meals. Even today many of us continue to donate time and money for our Veterans at this same Veterans home. Lizzy's Green Cafe is an American Freedom Center of sorts. The owners are devout believers in the U.S. Constitution and freedom and support our American Veterans.

As I said before, join me for dinner and a chat. If you are what you say you are you won't be disappointed or angry. You will have a good time and we (you, me and everyone else that is there) will all gain new friends.

skky

Many people here have served, Mr or Mrs Skyy. As for myself I tried to enlist before the 1st Gulf War, but was denied based on the fact I had leukemia as a child. Tried twice more as recently as 2009 with similar results. I am too old now, but I would still go if called. Please stop talking about subjects you have no knowledge of. You have not proven your service either.

I did not say that people on here have not served in the military. I DID say some of the most vocal fanatics here did not. I have been viewing this forum for years and yes, I do know who has and who has not of the people I am talking about. There are a few threads from back then about military service on this forum.

This is just the ridiculous internet, anyone can claim anything. If in fact what you posted about yourself is true, you are a valiant person.

wild boar

SKKY, Who the hell are you to be doing the Lords work?

Passing blind judgment isn't yours to do, it requires more than one brain cell. The Veterans here are dedicated people who never retired the commitment that was swore to in the oath. Every day is an adjustment to the changing world, the world that was returned to was not the one we left. A sniping pissant like you would have never returned from the ARMY I served in, basic would be more than you could have handled. I watched mouthy little people like "SKKY" fall out time after time. I'm proud to have served with the people who had my back, and the ones who have it to this day,Vet or not. A person like you would have been all alone, and believe me ,thats not what you want. You still have a chance for acceptance, don't blow it! boar out.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Glad you are still here posting Boar. I thoroughly enjoy the way you trash flesh bags who waste space and oxygen. And lament the lack of motherly attention.

Thanks for your service by the way. See ya at Lizzy's.

:cool:

skky

Passing blind judgment isn't yours to do, it requires more than one brain cell. The Veterans here are dedicated people who never retired the commitment that was swore to in the oath. Every day is an adjustment to the changing world, the world that was returned to was not the one we left. A sniping pissant like you would have never returned from the ARMY I served in, basic would be more than you could have handled. I watched mouthy little people like "SKKY" fall out time after time. I'm proud to have served with the people who had my back, and the ones who have it to this day,Vet or not. A person like you would have been all alone, and believe me ,thats not what you want. You still have a chance for acceptance, don't blow it! boar out.

Ranting posts such as yours embolden me. Posts such as the one by Oak1971 humble me.

If I say I served in the military I will be nuked on this forum for lying. If I say I did not serve in the military I will get nuked for not serving and suggesting that some should serve. A no win situation.

If you in fact did serve in the Army, you deserve recognition. I did not serve in the Army. I will only say 1971 thru 1975 are years I will never forget or regret what I did in those years.

wild boar

Ranting post?

It was a fact based post, and if you watched this forum for years; as you claimed, you wouldn't be talking like that. So you had your ass in the grass and that all you'll say, thank you brother. It's more than possible you left more behind than others, if so, I know where your coming from. Welcome home. boar out.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I don't really care if people served or not, as long as they respect their rights enough to exercise them and mine enough not to trample them, they're fine in my book. That being said, I do feel bad for those who served without a choice. They were inducted into involuntary servitude and had their rights taken away but were expected to fight anyway.

Some serve in the military and some serve in other ways. Whenever someone stands up for their rights in the face of power, whether it be by bullet in the military or sec. 1983, they are doing all of us a service.

skky

Glad you are still here posting Boar. I thoroughly enjoy the way you trash flesh bags who waste space and oxygen. And lament the lack of motherly attention.

Thanks for your service by the way. See ya at Lizzy's.

:cool:

Just another one of your many offensive posts that do a disservice to all the rational and responsible gun owners in Wisconsin.

skky

I don't really care if people served or not, as long as they respect their rights enough to exercise them and mine enough not to trample them, they're fine in my book. That being said, I do feel bad for those who served without a choice. They were inducted into involuntary servitude and had their rights taken away but were expected to fight anyway.

Some serve in the military and some serve in other ways. Whenever someone stands up for their rights in the face of power, whether it be by bullet in the military or sec. 1983, they are doing all of us a service.

Amen.

HandyHamlet

Logables,

Please seek medical attention ASAP for the love of any family that (however unlikely) still cares deeply for you.

skky

It was a fact based post, and if you watched this forum for years; as you claimed, you wouldn't be talking like that. So you had your ass in the grass and that all you'll say, thank you brother. It's more than possible you left more behind than others, if so, I know where your coming from. Welcome home. boar out.

I am working hard on getting home. Thank you.

wild boar

Hayyyyy Handy.

How are you H? Next time we meet we should be all applied for, and awaiting the expedient return of our Constitutional Right. boar out. :monkey

HandyHamlet

Everything is roses here goodly Sir Knight.

Thanks and I wish the same to you and yours. :)

Looking forward to catching up this weekend with all the usual suspects.

Regards!
T

wild boar

SKKY, You're more...

... than welcome. Join us, we'll give you the seat with the wall behind you, and full view of all entrances. boar out.