• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loaded or unloaded during OC?

hardballer

How often?
How often does this "obvious" thing happen?
Any idea? Anyone?

HankT, My point is that you seem to be saying that 'not being able to chamber a round in some situations' just can't happen. An impossibility if you will. I took that to be your meaning when you ridiculed Scooter over his comment. So, though this is repetitive, I am asking you if you think it is impossible for such an event to occur.

And if so, why do you think it cannot happen.

Krusty

I have an XDm .45 and the slide spring, to say the least, is very stout. If by chance I was carrying in condition 3 and happened to get one arm or the other blasted and turned inoperable, I don't think I could work the slide with one hand. At least not without lots of fumbling around. Most of the time I carry in condition 3 but occasionally change to condition 1. Whether it's condition 1 or 3, it's still a personal choice and it's still perfectly fine whichever way is decided.

wrightme

I have an XDm .45 and the slide spring, to say the least, is very stout. If by chance I was carrying in condition 3 and happened to get one arm or the other blasted and turned inoperable, I don't think I could work the slide with one hand. At least not without lots of fumbling around. Most of the time I carry in condition 3 but occasionally change to condition 1. Whether it's condition 1 or 3, it's still a personal choice and it's still perfectly fine whichever way is decided.

Same with my PPK. Stout spring, definitely two-handed operation until I replace the spring. I carry it ready. If I lived in CA, I would choose a different firearm.

Last edited:

TyGuy

Limalife just put this video out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxrpLbaEuY

Basically, drawing when the threat is shown (knife drawn) she shoots the attacker twice but is also stabbed twice when a round is chambered.

When a round is not chambered she is stabbed three times without shooting the attacker at all.

So yeah, one in the chamber.