• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day Carpool Coordination Thread

Kevin108

imported post

Short notice, I guess. I had originally planned on driving myself but Christmas week I sold my car. I'm currently driving my old work truck which was previous parked for 3 years*. I just don't trust it enough yet to make the trip.

Anyway, if anybody in a non-smoking vehicle leaving from the Tidewater area has room for another guy, please PM me! I'm good for my share of the gas and a box of ammo in your favorite Walmart caliber.

* - I was still working, smartypants. I just didn't do any side work. :p

IanB

imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
Still have two seats available leaving from the Mixing Bowl (395/495) area.
Since I'm still in an empty car I'll take you up on that seat, unless you want to catch a ride with me.

GWRedDragon

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Short notice, I guess. I had originally planned on driving myself but Christmas week I sold my car. I'm currently driving my old work truck which was previous parked for 3 years*. I just don't trust it enough yet to make the trip.

Anyway, if anybody in a non-smoking vehicle leaving from the Tidewater area has room for another guy, please PM me! I'm good for my share of the gas and a box of ammo in your favorite Walmart caliber.

* - I was still working, smartypants. I just didn't do any side work. :p
My car isn't really trustworthy either, but I think I may just attempt the drive anyway. :uhoh:

zoom6zoom

imported post

OK, maybe I just can't figure out that Socializer link... I can see folks names but no carpool info.

Anyone going from the Woodbridge, Stafford, or Fburg area looking to meet up?

IanB

imported post

URGENT: If anyone has an 12v DC to 110v AC inverter that plugs into a car cigarette lighter socket that I can use on lobby day please PM me. Any wattage will work, as long as it's higher that 10 watts.

Edit: I now have an inverter.

IanB

imported post

If you wanna leave early enough for breakfast (0545) I'll join ya. I'm in Vienna too.

GWRedDragon

imported post

Hmm, I'll go with you if you're doing the breakfast. I want to go to the breakfast too!

There is a big difference between driving my unreliable car to Vienna and driving it to Richmond.

vtme_grad98

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
Does anyone have a seat from Va Beach/Norfolk?
I don't have a seat, but I'd definitely like to find one as well. I'd really like to attend this again. But I was in a motorcycle wreck a few weeks ago, so driving the round trip would be more than my shoulder could manage.

gulliver

imported post

I live in Hume, VA, about a half hour west of Manassas, and I'm looking for a ride to Lobby Day. I am willing to drive, but my car is kinda small. Home computer is busted, but I'll be checking in on my work computer on Sunday. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Email address is Frederick.Bram@paetec.com

Cell phone is 703-929-5695

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VTME and Don't tread on me, I got two seats available. I'm picking up Danbus from his home cause its kinda on the way. If you wanna ride just pm me and we can work out where to meet up. I live just off Newtown Rd in Virginia Beach. Also, please be advised I am driving the M3, which is a coupe, but once you're in the back seats, they are pretty comfy.

Tomahawk

imported post

Well, my water went out this morning, and may not come back until the ground thaws a bit. Getting a shower on Monday morning should be interesting. &*(&^ water company is useless. And they sent me a bill yesterday, too. The nerve.

IanB

imported post

You could always go over to citizens house and take a shower there. I'm sure he won't mind.

Tomahawk

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
You could always go over to citizens house and take a shower there. I'm sure he won't mind.
Dude this isn't a joke. It's all fun and games until your toilet doesn't work and you've been eating Taco Bell.