• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local theater ccw policies

JJC

I usually go to Marcus Theaters. I always go armed (concealed). I have looked for signs, but have never seen any.

The "Carmike" theater by the Valley View Mall is posted. (Last time I looked).
The "Marcus" La Crosse is not. (Corporate Policy I was told. Manager wants to post but is not allowed.).

JJC

Last edited:

eze

Mayfair mall and the AMC theater that is in it have no carry signs posted on all doors

The Marcus theater in Menomonee Falls does not have anything posted

MKEgal

xenophon said:
How are the movie theater polices on CCW in WI?
I'm pretty sure all of them prohibit ccw. It's a crime.
Some even prohibit lawfully-armed citizens. :(
As others have pointed out, Marcus does not post.
The few times I've been out to a movie, we've gone to Marcus Menomonee Falls, OC & cc, with no problems from anyone.

ETA: for the one Marcus that's supposedly posted, notify the head office. The signs will come down. Corporate policy is to welcome all law-abiding citizens. I suspect they'll figure out who posted the signs & have a little talk...

Last edited:

MKEgal

smithman said:
Each of us needs to decide for ourselves if our safety is worth getting a ticket for carrying concealed in a posted gun free zone.
Is your safety worth a couple hundred bucks in a ticket IF you are ever caught concealing in a posted store?
If you are concealing correctly, nobody will ever know unless you have to use your gun.
All of which is true, except that as Paul & protias pointed out it's a ticket of up to $1000.
And there's always the question of "why support anti-rights businesses?".
Sometimes there isn't a choice - post office, most hospitals (not all), some cities/counties.
In the case of theaters, there are lots of choices (from Netflix to redbox to Marcus).