• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a good range to shoot at.

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Ok so I'll speak freely. Badger guns is ghetto.

I shoot every week. Never have a problem at the shooters shop. Everytime I go to Badger guns. Its ghetto. They treat you like you are ghetto.

I come in with my PELLET gun in a case to shoot "they want to see it" I bring my 500 magnum, they want to charge me $5 extra per hour for the "hi-power range". I tell them I won't shoot he 500 they say "ok leave it with us" (sorry boys, my guns don't leave my sight)

I forget my shooting spec's... You have to buy a pair. (shooters shop will give youclearsfor nothing)

Badger Guns is ghetto. Stick to The Shooter's Shop, Fletcher or the range in M. Falls.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

In addition, the staff at Badger always treats me like crap. When looking at something in the case, I'm never approached and asked if I need help, or if I had any questions, even though the staff clearly is looking at me. Also, I had the same issue with being 18 and owning a handgun; they tried to tell me it was illegal for me to possess it, and wouldn't let me shoot it at all! They also wouldn't let me hold a handgun on display in their case because I wasn't 21 either. Bunch of knobs.

I just got ATF approval for a few Suppressors around a week ago; If I would go in there with one of them, I'm sure they'll call the cops on me, they're so ignorant of the law.

Contrast that with Shooter's Shop, whose staff are nearly always polite, approach you asking if you need help, and would let me see anything in the case I asked about. One of the staff is also fairly knowledgable on Suppressors, and we strike up a conversation about them every time i'm there.

I've noticed that Shooter's has been having problems keeping their range in proper working order lately, but I'd still spend my money there instead of driving to 43rd in a heartbeat.

Rick Finsta

imported post

Not only that, but the owner of The Shooter's Shop had the Wisconsin Patriots there in his parking lot for one of the signature collections. The owner of Badger is on record supporting the outlawing of private party transfers.*

*This was SB104 a few years ago in WI, so I'm not sure if the ownership of badger has changed since then.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

pachanga22 wrote:
What range in Menomonee Falls?

I can't remember the name of it. I actually haven't shot there in 5 years or so, but its right off of Main street on the south side of the road.

I guess its possible it might not be open anymore.

edit: Jays Sports N88W15263 Main Street Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

FLR&@

imported post

I do have a few good things to say about Badger. First I have never had a bad experience with the staff. Second they were a great help in getting a rifle I had ordered expedited so I could shoot it out in Vegas.

That being said I do stand by what I said previously about the range, supervision is desperately needed before someone gets hurt or killed.

Fast Ed

imported post

Local outdoor ranges include Boone west of Richfield just off of Hwy 164 and 167. Menomonee Falls GC on Hillside, south of County Q in Lannon. Hartland, just south of I-94 and east of Hwy 83 in Delafield. Stone Bank, which is up in Ashippin someplace, but I don't know exactly where. Racine, east of I-94 around 7 Mile Road on the lakefront. Oconomowoc, off of Hwy F south of I-94 west of Oconomowoc.

Each has their own rules, facilities, membership requirements and stuff, but all are pretty good clubs, if the members I know are any indication. I am a member at Hartland.

Fast Ed

FLR&@

imported post

Thank you Fast Ed I was aware of some of those but it looks like I may have to settle on one not fitting my criteria; the freedom I knew in Nevada is not found here. Oh well.

Dose anyone know hoe to get a hold of the county line rifle club in Racine? They don’t answer the phone or have a web site.

tomm1963

imported post

Shooters Sports Center 4900 6 Mile Rd Racine, WI 53402
(262) 681-1040

1/2 hour drive form south side of MKE
$10 range fees
rapid fire
machine guns
yadayada

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I feel sorry for you guys!! Paying to shoot?? WTF is up with that?

get yourself out of that metropolitan setting and enjoy life again. Or bring your hardware up here on your next vacation and shoot for free (Donations are appreciated though) at any one of our outdoor ranges in Oneida and Vilas county. Great pistol stations, rifle ranges out to 300 yards. We even have archery stations and shotgun patterning stations forthebird hunters, trap or Skeet?? Boulder Junction Gun Club has a great setting for both with a $5.00 membership good for the year, clays are purchased on a 'Punch card" that is punched at the time of shooting.

And we do not havethat "Ghetto Element" at our ranges, so you will not see any of the "sideways grip, empty the mag as fast as you can with your eyes closedcrowd" with kool-aid stains on their shirts here either.

We hope to see you soon, I'll be the guy punching dime size groups withmy 22-250 at the 300 yard range, or checking the zero on my holographic sight mounted on a .41 Rem-Mag Desert Eagle with either the 6" or10" barrel.

tomm1963

imported post

We need to diversify the north woods, maybe a low income housing project in Vilas county. You need some exposure to the "Ghetto Element" :dude:

Clint Starin

imported post

You people got it made!! Indoor ranges??? When I shoot, it's outside at the Portage Gun Club. You can do whatever you want. Just use your head and a little common sense. Most of the time there isn't anyone there(weekdays) Deerfield does not allow .454 Casull to be fired at their range. Don't ask me how I know. It was a long time ago and I was young and stupid!!! Guy upstairs said the floor was jumping 3 inches:lol:

ryeguy32118

imported post

Yepp, I'll never go back to Badger. I just bought a Walther P22 there and was just getting my first few rounds off(next to a bunch of thugs shooting sideways with their pants hanging off their asses) when the "rangemaster" came and grabbed my shoulder in the middle of shooting my second clip ever with the gun to tell me that, "My Grandma could hit the paper with the target that close". Thanks douchebag for worrying about the distance my target is while he doesn't say anything to the thugs next to me.

I love Shooters Shop though. Guys there are always super nice. I usually find that Badger charges less for the same guns though so I usually buy from badger. I guess you get what you pay for.

FLR&@

imported post

Guys-

Thanks a lot for all of the input, I have found a range that meets all of my criteria.

Ryeguy-

If it was an older gentleman that approached you, I know who you are talking about and he usually means well but doesn’t come across well.

ryeguy32118

imported post

lol yeah, it was an old guy. I will say that a few of the guys there are nice and helpful but I've just had too many instances there where I've said to myself I'll never come back. I live close by so that's probably why I do keep coming back...