• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like Romney won big

papa bear

Romney won the debate, but it was hardly a Reagan moment.

Romney is on the attack, but he didn't really land any hard punches. I watch the entire debate, can you point where Romney actually landed a hard hit?

The Obama campaign has an excellent ground game. 90 minutes v. the thirty-some-odd days isn't much.--I realize that millions watched the debates, but of those millions, I am guessing that most were like me, already knowing who they're voting for, and hoping to watch a good boxing match.

I felt like I was watching Romney sweaty, pumped-up with energy, chasing Obama around the mat, Obama trying to stay clear of Romney, and Romney getting an A for effort, while Obama got an A for being some benign body playing it safe.

As I stated, there are two more debates, and Romney had to prove something going in because of his gaffes, and the lack of support from his base. If Romney trips-up during either of the other two debates, he will be lose that boost quicker than his mediocre bounce post-debate.

I wish we would have a meet-up group here in Washington, somewhere, hang out, eat some food, and watch the debate.

I'm wondering if Obama sat back and let Romney dig his own hole...teeing up for the VP debates, for Biden, and the last two debates. We will see in the coming weeks, but I find it hard to believe that Obama accidentally sat there, calm as a Hindu Cow.

he did land a few good hits. i like the one on the Solondra debacle. (paraphrasing) where he pointed out that 90b.dollars could have hired a lot of teachers. i know there was a lot of back scratching went on with that deal. he also pointed out that when it came to win and lose. he mostly loosed (?)