• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison area get together?

Mlutz

I was planning on going to Gander before, but the one in Deforest is open til 9.

Or... They have a f&f... :D

Last edited:

Motofixxer

We will be around a while I think. No real plans as far as I know but I am open to suggestions. I left my whole night open. I went to the meet in Beloit a month or so ago and we sat talking till about 9:45, they were getting ready to close.

F&F is short for Farm & Fleet, similar to the Fleet & Farms.

Mlutz

It is. :) Also, the policy they have in place is why I said that. Either way, I'm about to get on the road. So I will see you guys tonight.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Hmmm. 4 madison LEO are here. Not sure what's up yet.

Got word that five OCer's at Culvers by East Towne mall were confronted by around 8 Madison PD. Two refused to show ID and were cited for obstruction. I'll let the guys who were there fill in any details they wish.

Sounds like another department is going to learn "the hard way."

I'm actually kinda glad this happened, the police in Wisconsin are about to get another reminder of what happens when you violate civil rights.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just got back. I'll get into details later but basically, 5 OC'ers, 8 Madison LEO, 2 arrests, 2 citations, released on the spot, weapon returned.

Some interesting quotes from the night:

Me: If I was a felon, would I be OC'ing?
Sargeant: That would be the best way to sneak up on them!
:banghead:

Me: Why don't you check the ID of that lady over there with the kids. She might be a pedophile.
Sargeant: Pedophiles can be with kids.

Anyhow, there were audio recordings. When I calm down, I'll write this up in detail.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like a lawsuit with big $$$$$s

Just got back. I'll get into details later but basically, 5 OC'ers, 8 Madison LEO, 2 arrests, 2 citations, released on the spot, weapon returned.

Some interesting quotes from the night:

Me: If I was a felon, would I be OC'ing?
Sargeant: That would be the best way to sneak up on them!
:banghead:

Me: Why don't you check the ID of that lady over there with the kids. She might be a pedophile.
Sargeant: Pedophiles can be with kids.

Anyhow, there were audio recordings. When I calm down, I'll write this up in detail.

Keep us all informed interesting to hear what happened with the audio if you can post it

M

McX

i'm sure some are waiting for my comments; i was present at the culvers meet. i decline to discuss the matter at this time, as it has been submitted to WisconsinCarry for investigation.

got my first LEO contact in, that's for sure.

xenophon

Mcx and others involved. Thanks for taking the lead on making it easier on the rest of us, while at the same time, educating others.

Look forward to you story in due time.

M

McX

i was just happy to go home alive, and intact. i don't believe i deserve any laud or honor.

added on edit; i have contemplated this at length, and the only honor i see of it is that i can say i was one of the madison 5, and witnessed first hand a great travesty against law abiding citizens, and will carry that mark in my mind, and in my soul for a long time to come.

Last edited: