• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MAINE'S OC GET TOGETHER - April 25th in Portland!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Suggested Rules of Conduct

1) You will be in the public eye - dress and act accordingly. Ignore anyone attempting to engage you in argumentative discussion. Absolutely no catcalls or rude gestures. Smile a lot and bite your tongue if necessary. Suggest staying away from the perimeter of the event and stay with the group.

2) If you are interviewed by the media, do so away from any protesters, think and pick your words carefully, Remember that saying less is often more than adequate - answer simply and with a smile. Do not volunteer unnecessary opinions - if you don't know, say so.

3) This is not the time to promote an agenda beyond the original intent - a group of friends that wanted to get together for a picnic. Obviously you share some of the same values. No politics, no soap box oratory. Make no derogatory statements about others.

4) Only properly holstered handguns - no long guns. Do NOT handle your sidearm. If you do not have a Maine permit, OC in a vehicle is not legal so holster up discretely when you exit your vehicle.

5) Keep the area clean and neat. Leave no trash behind - either dispose of it properly or take it with you.

6) If there is a situation, walk away from it. Let the local authorities handle it. Do NOT get involved. Obey all laws at all times.

7) Relax and have a good time. You are exercising your 1st and 2nd Amendment rights - be proud and make us all proud of you.

8) In attending this event, you agree to abide by these rules and any others that the sponsors of this event deem prudent and necessary. Anyone whose conduct is not acceptable will be asked to cease or leave at the sole discretion of the sponsors.

[line]
This picnic has grown beyond the expectations of the original group. That says a lot about the sincerity and strength of conviction shared by many in your state. You each will be representing a multitude of others who could not attend.

Please note that I am not part of this group, just a very interested bystander.
I want to see this succeed for you individually, for Maine as well as for the restoration and the continuation of all our RKBA.

Only two more days!

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Best wishes and good luck with the weather.

Really, really pulling hard for you guys.

Warm and fuzzy - drink a Moxie for me.

Scheduled debriefing to be announced. :)

Yata hey

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hey guys, so in mid-July the ban on Open Carry in Acadia National Park will go into effect. But, on the ******11th of July which is a SUNDAY****** we are going to have a farewell to OC in Acadia, Thompson Island to be exact, with a promise that we will get it back! What I need from you guys is support and food!! One thing that you can do is plan your weekend around Acadia! It's picturesque and a great place for the whole family! Tell everyone you know! I would love another great turnout like we had for the barbecue! I am getting the word out a month in advance so that everyone should hear about it! We can even do a camp-out if people want to?! So please get back to me with a solid number! If you have any questions please contact me directly: shanebelanger@gmail.com

Here is the link to the thread for you guys to post whether your coming or not!

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum27/45252.html