• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man arrested in Lexington library..

twoskinsonemanns

So it makes no difference to you whether is was holstered, or not? What about the purse carry?

You make serious assumptions about not paying attention... I think it would be easier for someone to take my firearm from behind when it is holstered than if I had it laying in front of me on the table. Both cases are extremely unlikely. If it wasn't holstered I think it is appropriate for someone to suggest to him to properly secure it. The terrorism charge is pretty ridiculous but completely expected in our totalitarian government. They don't want The People to think they have the power to disagree with the police state.

self preservation

So it makes no difference to you whether is was holstered, or not? What about the purse carry?

You make serious assumptions about not paying attention... I think it would be easier for someone to take my firearm from behind when it is holstered than if I had it laying in front of me on the table. Both cases are extremely unlikely. If it wasn't holstered I think it is appropriate for someone to suggest to him to properly secure it. The terrorism charge is pretty ridiculous but completely expected in our totalitarian government. They don't want The People to think they have the power to disagree with the police state.

Shouldn't we be more concerned that this man may have been legal and got a BS charge slapped on him, instead of debating on if his gun should or should not have been on the table? It obvious that the issue of if he should or not is just opinions(based on I can't find a KY brandishing law). Lets not miss the forest for the trees.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
PUBLIC, PUBLIC PLACE not your home. i guess i'm a little more paranoid of the situation than others on this. way i'm looking at it is this. he had his gun on the table,in the public library not his home. he is at a library more than likely reading a book. story said his music being to loud he obviously is not paying attention. some one could come up grab the gun and run. then what? he needs some classes. taking his guns may be a little harsh i take that back. give him a fine.

drake, no offense taken, call me a milk cow call me what you want, i don't care. what i'm trying to get at is he was in public with the gun off of his person. i do not agree his actions. if he had it holstered on him that would different.

I would be willing to bet several million dollars you have done something sometime that someone would consider negligent. So let's just go ahead and come confiscate your firearms since you believe those that make ONE mistake should be stripped of their right to possess them.

Now, see how foolish it sounds when it is expressed this way? And you cannot say you haven't done at least one thing that some other person in this country would consider negligent.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I doubt it. I also doubt we will ever know anymore details about this case than what we do now. Remember the guy at Arby's in Louisville that was arrested for OC? To my knowledge we never did learn more about what that was all about. I have no idea what the outcome of that case was or if it is still pending. This case will probably be the same. To bad we don't have a way to keep tabs on these types of arrest so we can know the full story and the outcomes.

If you remember his name then conduct a case search for a case with his name from the site listed below. I would venture to guess that he plea-bargained, however the case should still show when conducting a search.

http://kcoj.kycourts.net/CourtRecords/Search.aspx

Here is another site where you can search all dockets from all district and circuit courts in Kentucky:

http://kcoj.kycourts.net/dockets/

self preservation

If you remember his name then conduct a case search for a case with his name from the site listed below. I would venture to guess that he plea-bargained, however the case should still show when conducting a search.

Here is another site where you can search all dockets from all district and circuit courts in Kentucky:

Thanks for the links but I don't know his name. It may be released by the media sooner or later. The same of the Arby's guy, never got a name and have no idea how it turned out for him. The media only likes to publish the "exciting" parts of a story. They seldom do a follow up on a small time guy doing a small time crime in a small time town.

self preservation

I did this and found nothing on his name. Do you think the charges were dropped?