• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man sues Carrollton PD

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, AbNo, we should.
I carry for a totally separate reason than most here: to remind those who "serve" in government who their bosses are.
I tend to lean towards Mark's perspective, having experienced naught but the worst of humanity in a uniform.

Being rational while 8 'thin blue line' thugs kick your ass cuz it's funny and they can make up whatever story they want.... Sometimes a PLR-16 and 3 mags are all you've really got. Manners and 'being reasonable' will just get you dead.

Most people in this forum have the luxury of not already being engaged in actual open war with badged thugs. For them, I guess it's OK to presume that cops are good guys. Frankly, until you're forced to return fire, you can all shut the hell up.

Deanimator

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Most people in this forum have the luxury of not already being engaged in actual open war with badged thugs. For them, I guess it's OK to presume that cops are good guys.
I'm not and don't.

I don't assume that all cops are trouble. I KNOW that ANY one COULD be. But then I'm from Chicago, where that's made manifest nearly every day.

I treat any unknown cop the way that cop would treat an unknown motorist in a traffic stop. Cops don't like to hear that. I don't care.

AbNo

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Most people in this forum have the luxury of not already being engaged in actual open war with badged thugs. For them, I guess it's OK to presume that cops are good guys.
I'm not and don't.

I don't assume that all cops are trouble. I KNOW that ANY one COULD be. But then I'm from Chicago, where that's made manifest nearly every day.

I treat any unknown cop the way that cop would treat an unknown motorist in a traffic stop. Cops don't like to hear that. I don't care.
This, Deanimator.

While I appreciate naivety being attributed to me (not really), I think a couple of you presumed that, since I don't believe the same thing a couple of you do, I must believe the complete opposite.

As a reminder, some things DO come in shades of grey.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Holy cow. Staten - go for it.

City of Carrolton PD: You communistic, anti-American, anti-Constitutional people. I hope he rips half next year's budget out from beneath you in his lawsuit so you can sit on your cans thinking about the gross and intentional misconduct and harm you befell another human being while wondering about where you're going to get the money to fuel your "police" cars.

Perhaps having to hoof it for a couple to three years as you do your job might be good for you and your exceptionally bad attitudes.