• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March KC Meet, role call!

capt512

New guy here, from MissouriCarry site, and saw the invite. I'm going to try to make it as well, though I can't guarantee it (as my work schedule frequently changes with very little notice). Gonna try though, hope to see everyone there!:)

ChiangShih

New guy here, from MissouriCarry site, and saw the invite. I'm going to try to make it as well, though I can't guarantee it (as my work schedule frequently changes with very little notice). Gonna try though, hope to see everyone there!:)

Welcome to OCDO and hope to see you at the meet!

kcgunfan

I think I'll be there also. There's still a small chance I may not have childcare coverage. And I know my kids would be welcome, but they're 3 and 5, and this is my chance to get away from them for a bit.

Last edited:

Big Boy

Gonna miss this one for my first time. Sorry guys, new job. New city. Unfortunately busy with both. I'll should make it to the April meet.

peterarthur

Welcome! Hope to meet you! See you all there.

Big Boy

I'm pretty sure you all are joking.

I know it's legal, but please don't OC a "long gun"

Richieg150

I dont plan on bring the PLR,the uninformed and uneducated have enough time understanding that you have the right to carry a handgun for personal protection.Seeing anything even resembling a rifle would definately get a call to the local LEO's.But,to make it clear,it is a pistol. Heres a description of it:
The Kel-Tec PLR-16 is a gas-operated, semi-automatic weapon chambered in 5.56 NATO, manufactured by Kel-Tec Industries of Florida USA.

The PLR (Pistol, Long Range) was designed for recreational target shooting, and small game, varmint, or predator hunting.[2] Due to the PLR's 9.25 inch barrel, the 5.56 bullet's velocity is slightly reduced compared to its velocity from a traditionally 16 inch barrel.
Also, where a close-quarters weapon is required, the PLR-16 should serve quite well. It conceals reasonably well under a coat, and fits perfectly and discreetly into a gym bag or other similarly sized case. It offers a lot of firepower in a reasonably compact package. Recoil is light, and one can fire through a thirty round magazine in just a few seconds, if needed. The PLR-16 exhibited accuracy much better than I had anticipated. What I had assumed was just a fun plinker, turned out to be capable of filling other, more serious, roles as well.

I have read that there are those with CCW'S carrying this weapon.All you need is a single point sling and a coat.But I'm almost 100% sure that if you were CCWing this and were stoped for whatever the reason,the LEO would rant about carrying a rifle...........but I could be wrong...