• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marked by your neighbor as a "gun concern location" on a Google App?

amzbrady

Wasn't there a website awhile ago that provided information for pedophiles on the best places to watch young children? I just remember something like that when reading your post

I have no idea, I didn't ever post a site like that. There is a site for concerned parents to find out about registered sex offenders in your area. http://www.familywatchdog.us/search.asp

EMNofSeattle

I have no idea, I didn't ever post a site like that. There is a site for concerned parents to find out about registered sex offenders in your area. http://www.familywatchdog.us/search.asp

I know you didn't post about that site, it was just a thought that came to me when reading your posts.... not really relevant to the topic... except that this isn't the first time people have been posting websites with information to be used for less then savory purposes.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I love this part......

finally, there is at least one particular situation in which you should certainly not use the walkingtools gun geo marker. If you have direct, personal knowledge or even a suspicion that guns are being used in context of organized criminal activity, then it may be extremely risky for you to mark related locations. You should forget about the walkingtools gun geo marker in all such cases, and instead consider getting appropriate law enforcement agencies involved in the situation.

In other words, report all the law abiding people you want.....but DON'T report any criminal activity or criminals with guns. That would be a misuse of the program :banghead: