• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marysville Stop

detroit_fan

imported post

scot623 wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
why did you guys leave, makes it look like you guys were wrong and now you let them have their way so he will just do it again to someone else.

We made the choice to not get arrested. It was clearly up to us. All we had to do was refuse to leave. I'll look forward to you posting the experience where you CHOSE to get arrested. We pushed hard enough in our view. Trust me, we are not done with this situation. I am very aware of Color of Law and Title 42, U.S.C., Section 14141. The City of Marysville is as well. ;)

Was not suggesting you get arrested, but if they did arrest you wouldn't it be an illegal arrest? I guess I just don't understand at what point we are supposed to give into them, even if they're wrong? If they threaten to take you to jail for not showing id are we supposed to show it? When I say we, I mean people trying to further OC in michigan. What if a cop comes to the park and says were all going to get arrested if we don't leave, are we supposed to leave even though we have the right to be there? Are we supposed to leave anytime a LEO threatens to take us to jail even if he has no legal reason to do so?

Please don't think i'm giving you a hard time, i'm asking your opinion because you are one of the best and I often look to people like you that have been carrying longer for the proper way to handle things.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Not so easy to remain silent when faced with the ugly face of authority is it?

I always love the "how do I know you are not a felon?"question. I suggestthe answer should be "How do you know I am a felon?"

These guys need to review what RASis.

scot623

imported post

I'd say what happened to us in Marysville is just as actionable as being arrested. It's not so much about what we do at the time of the interaction, it's what we do as follow up. Take the proper steps to make sure what happened to you(me) doesn't happen to another citizen. That's the most important thing to me.

PDinDetroit

imported post

scot623 wrote:
I'd say what happened to us in Marysville is just as actionable as being arrested. It's not so much about what we do at the time of the interaction, it's what we do as follow up. Take the proper steps to make sure what happened to you(me) doesn't happen to another citizen. That's the most important thing to me.
+1

fozzy71

imported post

kryptonian wrote:
let's get tshirts that say NOT A FELON

http://www.cafepress.com/+i_am_not_a_felon_black_tshirt,52702491

52702491v3_480x480_Front_Color-Black.jpg

Savage.Detroit

imported post

I think this one applies too:

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241
Conspiracy Against Rights

This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

CharleyMarbles

imported post

Vmaxx wrote:
I've listen to this a couple times now, I knew some officers had ego's but dam. This man thinks hes above the laws hes enforcing!

I agree what can we do? I hate to see all these small towns lose money through law suits only to raise the taxes of the citizens to pay for there arrogance

Now that this officer knowingly lies & it’s on tape do you think he should be trusted in a court of law giving his word? Just my .02 but his creditability is gone.

I agree I say offer the town A no money settlement ?

Say "fire the turds w/a hard letter of reprimand in their service jacket Detailing the event.

Just my two chunks of copper colored coinage :)

wolverine1856

imported post

CharleyMarbles wrote:
Vmaxx wrote:
I've listen to this a couple times now, I knew some officers had ego's but dam. This man thinks hes above the laws hes enforcing!

I agree what can we do? I hate to see all these small towns lose money through law suits only to raise the taxes of the citizens to pay for there arrogance

Now that this officer knowingly lies & it’s on tape do you think he should be trusted in a court of law giving his word? Just my .02 but his creditability is gone.

I agree I say offer the town A no money settlement ?

Say "fire the turds w/a hard letter of reprimand in their service jacket Detailing the event.

Just my two chunks of copper colored coinage :)
Yep, all 3 of them. These 3 should never be allowed to make decisions that affect other peoples lives. They in no way should be allowed to serve the public in any fashion ever again!

Absolutely disgusting.:cuss:

Phssthpok

imported post

Venator wrote:
Not so easy to remain silent when faced with the ugly face of authority is it?

I always love the "how do I know you are not a felon?"question. I suggestthe answer should be "How do you know I am a felon?"

These guys need to review what RASis.

"How do I (we) know you're not a felon?"

"How do I know you're not some fascist jack-booted wanna-be-nazi-SS Sturmbannfuerer thug who views armed citizens as a threat to his privileged status in society?":p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

(chuckle, cough, snork)

Has anybody told our Paragons of Public Safety that their contribution to the American Way of Life is available on YouTube?

Oh, I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear their reaction. :D

kyleplusitunes

imported post

Citizen wrote:
(chuckle, cough, snork)

Has anybody told our Paragons of Public Safety that their contribution to the American Way of Life is available on YouTube?

Oh, I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear their reaction. :D

you'd be suprised how often our masters say things like "you can put this on YouTube, I don't care!"

kyleplusitunes

imported post

also, I guess the police have never heard the quote

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Fishous

imported post

This brings a legal question to my mind.

If an officer tells you to leave public property, only because you are legally carrying, is ignoring the order to leave a crime in itself regardless of whether the reason was "legal"?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Fishous wrote:
This brings a legal question to my mind.

If an officer tells you to leave public property, only because you are legally carrying, is ignoring the order to leave a crime in itself regardless of whether the reason was "legal"?

It's a crime to fail to comply with a "lawful" order.

cshoff

imported post

Wonderful job to both of you. Very informative recording. I am very interested to see the outcome of this. Thank you for sharing the experience with everyone else.