• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Masked man shot

mvpel

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
I actually wish they wouldn't label people like this guy a "victim". It seems to me that he won the gunfight, potentially saving his life. Doesn't sound like a victim to me...
Calling the victim of a violent crime who successfully defended himself a "victim," instead using that term for the criminal attacker dead from gunshot wounds, is a major step forward for the media.

I applaud it.

The victim in this case was victimized twice - once in the attempted robbery, and again by being forced to shoot and kill another human being.

Loneviking

imported post

The sad fact is that mental health treatment programs all across the country have been cut. That's why there are so many homeless with mental health problems--they have nowhere else to go. The mentally ill don't have anyone lobbying for them, so if cuts need to be made, the programs for them are an easy target.

And crack babies often do wind up having serious behavior problems. I've stood by the basinets of these babies and watch them twitch,shiver and cry because they are in withdrawls. I feel for this mom, as even though this was a rotten kid in many ways, she put time, money and love into raising him.

The sad fact is that this young man pointed a loaded gun at another person and paid the price.

KansasMustang

imported post

No offense folks, but I've heard quite a few wounded soldiers crying for their Momma, never gets any easier, nor does it leave your mind. The fact that this person just tried to rob me at gunpoint would not lesson the sting it puts in your heart. But it WAS in fact justified. Too bad the BG's can't get the point fast enuff. As I said on another thread, WE have guns,,and we will use them.