• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maverick gas station ISSUE

Jarod44588

imported post

chrsjhnsn wrote:
Jarod44588 wrote:
Just went to the local Maverick for a fill up, when i walked inside a woman, or rather a herd of women, looked right at my gun, one walked over to me and told me to leave it in the car or dont come back. i was like WTF! there are NO, no weapons signs anywhere around, i told her and she said that it doesnt mattter, so i told her that ill be talking to her supervisor tomorrow, and i am HOPING she gets fired since she was all kinds of rude about it. Anyone else have a similar issue at a Maverick? Im thinking its not policy, but rather a whole mess of gun hating profiling estrogen at the counter.
not sure I understand, some strange gal? A cop? An employee? A cheerleader?
The town gossip?

It was an employee, about mid 30's in age, and idk say 5'5'', in case your ever in there.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What indicator(s) are you basing your conclusion that this woman and/or her herd were employees? They may have just been a group offollowers of the Brady Bunch, or some other idiot anti-gun organization.

Jarod44588

imported post

Uh well they were behind the counter all with MAVERICK t-shirts on and they had name tags

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
Uh well they were behind the counter all with MAVERICK t-shirts on and they had name tags

Oh...well....yeah, that would pretty much seal that conclusion then.

UNLESS!

They were members of the enemy organization "The Brady Bunch" and had captured the REAL employees and stolen their unforms and masqueraded as Maverick employees, taking over the store as a strategic base of operations. This may require a covert operation to make a certain assesment.

Jarod44588

imported post

could be actually, one lady who works there looks alot like Marsha, like 19 years older marsha

Jarod44588

imported post

Wow, That is bull, the lady that worked there came up to me, said "sir, sir, we dont allow those in here, youll have to go leave it in your car." I hope i see her again soon

Texan

imported post

Maybe you and I don't see the same people, I also have a friend that goes there and he has no problem, don't understand why the difference....

Jarod44588

imported post

Maybe, it was only one time, and one lady, ive Oc'd there many times after that and no one has said anything, and i havent seen the lady, she works the day shift i think, and i usually go at night so that might be why. I think it was just her own decision to tell me to leve my gun in my car, and no one elses.

Texan

imported post

It could be it was her own dislike for guns, I find that people like to push their own gun prejudice when they think they can...see ya around Show Low.....

G

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
It is in Show low, quite a ways from the valley but its where i live. I will NEVER go back there except tomorrow when i complain.
Is itthat Maverick on the two highways going to Snowflake and Springerville?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
Hiredgun30 wrote:
i am suprised to hear that.. there are alot of mavericks in idaho and i personally have never had any issue.. please post corporate policy when u find out....

they get alot of business from gun owners....
Im 99% sure it was just the fact that a group of women (im not sexist) just saw a young looking guy with a gun and decided they didnt like it. Ive been in there many times before with no issue and ive eve been to the one about 20 miles from this one. Still not an issue till yesterday.
You can't be sexist simply by recognizing sexism in others. A herd of liberal sows is quite likely to go about trying to intimidate people they disagree with. You wouldn't be the first to have their kind come after you.

They are what they are, doesn't make you sexist for calling a spade a spade.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
The one and only. Ive been in there 4 times looking for the manager, but somehow i always miss him? Idk why that is but oh well. Ive OC'd there at night a few times, and no one said anything, so everytime i get gas there im going to see if i cant spot her again to get her name.
Why are you still going there?

You should be operating by phone. they can't see you coming inside a phone.

DMGNUT

imported post

Was a letter ever sent to corporate? That would probably override what the lackeys at that particular location have to say. Carry copies of the response with you, to hand out to the local antagonist, so you can ignore their protests. An establishment need not "post" a sign, but can still ask you to leave... unless (since this is a chain)you have the aforementioned letter from corporate, circumventing their authority.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I may be quickly (or already) labeled, but I'll make a gender-based observation a wise and maligned man once made: "Feminine rage is the weather vane of truth."

If they didn't like it and gave you crap; you must have been doing something right!

By all means, you must follow up on this!

Kildars

imported post

Crossfire Jedi wrote:
Admittedly I am not 100% on the law of the land here in Arizona...but it really pi$$es me off that we are subject to this kind of B.S. He did nothing wrong at all, and if there is no signage posted, how the hell will he know or anyone else. Something has to be done about this, as it is ridiculous. If a business does not allow OC'n, it should be a law that proper signage on the door needs to be placed...so many feet off the ground etc...If proper signage is not on the door, that place of business should have no right to complain and if they do be subject to a lawsuit. It makes you think what would happen if a dozen of us went in there OC'n to have a chat with the manager.

Sorry, had to vent...plain stupid sheeple out there.

-------------------Local Arizona Forums ------------------------

http://www.xboxjedi.com/defense

site_logo.png
Why should they require signs if the only punishment is asking you to leave? What would you sue for?