• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McKenna to announce for WA Governor !!!!!

sudden valley gunner

Do you trust what a democrat.....wait....politician says?

..I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your TV
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you, still you love me
I told you one and one make three
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

One of my favorite songs with one of the best guitarist in the world. And a perfect outlook on our "leaders".

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
What's your favorite color baby?

One of my favorite songs with one of the best guitarist in the world. And a perfect outlook on our "leaders".

Also, one of mine. Saw LC open for the Rolling Stones in '89.
McKenna statement about Supreme Court gun rights decision

OLYMPIA – Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna issued the following statement today regarding the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago:

“I am gratified that the U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed that the Second Amendment may not be infringed by state and local governments. Along with several other state Attorney General offices, my office submitted a friend of the court brief defending the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. This right, as interpreted by the nation’s highest court, preserves individual security and the right to self-defense. The Supreme Court agreed that the right to bear arms shouldn’t be infringed just because a person crosses state or city lines.

As our brief points out, if local governments may completely ban possession of the most common firearms chosen for self-defense, citizens of all states might find that they are unable to travel to certain jurisdictions unless they are willing to forgo their Second Amendment rights.”

AG McKenna also filed a friend of the court brief in DC v. Heller, a case in which the Supreme Court struck down a federal ban on handguns. And in an opinion requested by legislators about the City of Seattle’s prohibition of firearms on city property, AG McKenna’s office wrote that state law preempts local government restrictions on guns.

Amici Curiae

Last edited:

Lovenox

As the AG, he can issue opinions, but at he same time he is tasked with being the defender of the state. As such he cannot start action against the state.

The action would have been against town, muncipalitites, and other local agencies that run afoul of STATE preemption not the state itself.

LibertyDeath

I'm thinking about running for Governor as a democrat because I know King County is too dumb to vote for anything other a democrat.

I also know a lot of union members will only vote democrat because they have this idea that if they vote Republican they will lose their jobs.

randian

Since when?
Taking tax money from the government and then rebating it back to them does not equate to paying taxes. If you want to make this bleeping obvious, imagine the situation where everybody was a government employee.

It doesn't matter if you're talking about a state employee paying federal taxes. That's no different than a direct transfer payment from the state to the feds (or the reverse, if talking about a federal employee paying state taxes).

The only people who pay taxes are those who earn money entirely outside the government. In that respect, employees of private companies (and the company itself) who exclusively service government contracts are not taxpayers either.

Last edited:

LibertyDeath

Taking tax money from the government and then rebating it back to them does not equate to paying taxes. If you want to make this bleeping obvious, imagine the situation where everybody was a government employee.

It doesn't matter if you're talking about a state employee paying federal taxes. That's no different than a direct transfer payment from the state to the feds (or the reverse, if talking about a federal employee paying state taxes).

The only people who pay taxes are those who earn money entirely outside the government. In that respect, employees of private companies (and the company itself) who exclusively service government contracts are not taxpayers either.

So then Walmart employees are not taxpayers either because most of Walmarts money comes from welfare checks. lol

sudden valley gunner

It would be like buying something for your kids and then taxing them on it and taking a portion, your kid didn't pay the "tax" since it was all out of your pocket. Although the kid might wish you just gave him the smaller amount to begin with. :lol:

So when I pay my tax they give it to my public employees and then take a portion out of that money to give it back to them and they get top of the line benefits and retirement packages while I get nothing because I had nothing to save from giving it to the government........it's all a shell game.

LibertyDeath

So when I pay my tax they give it to my public employees and then take a portion out of that money to give it back to them and they get top of the line benefits and retirement packages while I get nothing because I had nothing to save from giving it to the government........it's all a shell game.

Not all government employees get top of the line benefits and retirement. I pay $400 a month for the privilege of having a health care plan that covers 80% of covered expenses after a $750 deductible and a retirement plan that is actually about the same as a regular savings account. Not quite top of the line here.

Not that you mention it though, I do agree that it pretty stupid that I pay taxes on tax money.

sudden valley gunner

Not all government employees get top of the line benefits and retirement. I pay $400 a month for the privilege of having a health care plan that covers 80% of covered expenses after a $750 deductible and a retirement plan that is actually about the same as a regular savings account. Not quite top of the line here.

Not that you mention it though, I do agree that it pretty stupid that I pay taxes on tax money.

I stand corrected. I do observe "many" though that have it better off than many of those of us struggling in the private sector.