• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Medford Open Carrier Arrested - Speed Trap Warning

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Good to hear that you'll soon have all your stolen belongings back Mr. West. I look forward to watching the video you put together.

We-the-People

Just got back from the evidence storage with my tripod. I asked about my .357 again and the lady working told me once more that it's going to be a couple weeks. I had a feeling they were going to try to not give me back my ammunition so I went fishing and said, "Yeah, there should be a revolver, a holster, and 8 rounds of ammo in there."

As I suspected, she immediately went into defensive mode. "Oh... umm... well... You see, we don't usually give back ammo. It's usually destroyed."

"Oh, well then that's going to be an issue," I replied, "because my property was stolen from me and I want it back."

She then told me that when I'm cleared to get my revolver back, I can set up ANOTHER appointment with them to get my ammo back at a separate time, which is stupid and annoying. I'm going to try to schedule the two appointments like 15 minutes apart, but I'm sure that won't fly with these clowns. Things like this is why I laugh at the people who laud cops as heroes. These are not brave individuals we are talking about. They have a system for returning you your property through a thick bullet proof window and a concrete wall without ever even having to make contact with you and yet they're still too afraid to give me back my ammo. It's hilarious and sad all at once.

You might contact Kevin up at OFF. He was instrumental in getting David Pyles firearms back to him in a TIMELY manner. They had given him the "it will take several weeks" line and if I remember correctly, he had them back in just a couple of days.

OC for ME

You might contact Kevin up at OFF. He was instrumental in getting David Pyles firearms back to him in a TIMELY manner. They had given him the "it will take several weeks" line and if I remember correctly, he had them back in just a couple of days.
It takes mere seconds to unlawfully confisacte your property......that is deemd permissible. But, it takes week to have your unlawfully confiscated property returned to you......that too is deemd permissible.

Sheesh.....is there no way to hold these thieves accountable. The judge orders and the lawyer didn't get the judge to say "yesterday" on his order?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The city argued, and the judge agreed, that even though the first officer to arrive observed no unlawful activity, only the defendant with a holstered gun and a sign in his hand, he was justified to draw his weapon, point it at the defendant, and then have backup officers disarm and cuff him.......FOR OFFICER SAFETY.

I don't think it goes to reliability of the "tipster" but rather to whether or not the actions by the responding officer were appropriate for the information transmitted to him over the radio. i.e. if the man with the gun causing a disturbance was not menacing anyone with the firearm, as reported by an individual who all the witnesses stated they respected and knew, then it is a serious stretch of the "officer safety" BS to consider there was justification to point a firearm at the defendant.

This is illuminating. When officer allen bass of the BPD harrasseled me an investigation was done by LT Vanderyacht. It was decided that young officer allen bass was NOT authorized to stop me (no RAS), but his use of force, (repeatedly drawing his weapon and pointing it at my stomach) was completely justified. This is identical to your outcome. Makes you wonder.

We-the-People

This is illuminating. When officer allen bass of the BPD harrasseled me an investigation was done by LT Vanderyacht. It was decided that young officer allen bass was NOT authorized to stop me (no RAS), but his use of force, (repeatedly drawing his weapon and pointing it at my stomach) was completely justified. This is identical to your outcome. Makes you wonder.

Isn't if "funny" how that works? The initial action isn't justified but the continued threat (i.e. employment of deadly force) is A Okay? Isn't that called....um.....TYRANNY?

OC for ME

Well, ya didn't get shot did you? No harm no foul.....right?:rolleyes:

We-the-People

Well, ya didn't get shot did you? No harm no foul.....right?:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, that's not far from the standard the courts use in determining whether a violation of civil rights is worthy of being protected and the violator sanctioned. Clear up to the supreme court. In Hudson v. Michigan the supremes decided that the protections of the fourth "weren't violated enough" to rate sanctions if officers knock, announce, and then kick down your door before you can possibly get to it. Their rationale was along the lines of "well it's not a very big violation and doesn't happen enough to warrant sanctioning those who do it".

Guess they haven't been watching the news and all the stories of cops going....knock knock, police...kick...SHOOT.

Fallschirjmäger

It takes mere seconds to unlawfully confisacte your property......that is deemd permissible. But, it takes week to have your unlawfully confiscated property returned to you......that too is deemd permissible.

Sheesh.....is there no way to hold these thieves accountable. The judge orders and the lawyer didn't get the judge to say "yesterday" on his order?
When my "walking in the park arrest" occurred, the nice lady behind the counter wouldn't release my magazines and cartridges without a further appointment being made with a 1-week interval.
"Well, it's not like I don't have a half dozen magazines and a couple hundred rounds in the car already. I'll have it loaded before I'm off the property."
"We just don't want anyone loading their gun and shooting up the place if we give them their gun and ammo at the same time."
"You don't have any metal detectors; there's nothing to stop them from coming in with a full magazine and then loading their newly returned gun."
"There's a cop behind the desk!"
"Him? The fat old guy who's waiting for retirement and has his head buried in the comic book? ...Him?"
"...you need to leave now, sir."
"See you next week, 'k?"

David West

Cremator: in all my dealings with the police over the last few years, it has become abundantly clear to me that 95% of cops give the other 5% a bad name.

The evidence locker called me today and I was able to go in and get my .357 at about noon. I'm going in to get my ammunition tomorrow. MPD's policy not to give ammo back on the same day as a gun is absolutely asinine. Not only do they have the luxury of securely passing my items to me from behind the protection of a concrete wall and 3" of bullet proof glass, but my revolver was inside a box that was taped shut, zip tied to the box in two places, and had a zip tie through the barrel that prevented the cylinder from closing. There was no way I could have posted any kind of actual danger to anybody. If I wanted to do something, why not bring in another gun? Or the speed loaders I had out in my car?

Better yet, why are they worried about me doing anything at all after dropping my charges and running a background check? I'm obviously not a criminal. I really wish I had my permit at the moment so I could have walked in there openly armed. Only one party in this transaction has a documented history of abusing anyone's life, liberty, or property, and it's not me... So why are they doing this?

Oh yeah... Because the cops think that they're more important than us mere mundanes.

David West

"You don't have any metal detectors; there's nothing to stop them from coming in with a full magazine and then loading their newly returned gun."
"There's a cop behind the desk!"

Exactly, Fallerschmallerguy! If the cop is going to stop you from loading the magazine you brought with you into your reacquired handgun, why couldn't he stop you from loading it with a returned magazine? You know, the magazine that's in a sealed box with all the ammunition taken out and packaged separately?

These people are absolute clowns, man.

We-the-People

Cremator: in all my dealings with the police over the last few years, it has become abundantly clear to me that 95% of cops give the other 5% a bad name.

The evidence locker called me today and I was able to go in and get my .357 at about noon. I'm going in to get my ammunition tomorrow. MPD's policy not to give ammo back on the same day as a gun is absolutely asinine. Not only do they have the luxury of securely passing my items to me from behind the protection of a concrete wall and 3" of bullet proof glass, but my revolver was inside a box that was taped shut, zip tied to the box in two places, and had a zip tie through the barrel that prevented the cylinder from closing. There was no way I could have posted any kind of actual danger to anybody. If I wanted to do something, why not bring in another gun? Or the speed loaders I had out in my car?

Better yet, why are they worried about me doing anything at all after dropping my charges and running a background check? I'm obviously not a criminal. I really wish I had my permit at the moment so I could have walked in there openly armed. Only one party in this transaction has a documented history of abusing anyone's life, liberty, or property, and it's not me... So why are they doing this?

Oh yeah... Because the cops think that they're more important than us mere mundanes.

GRRRRRRR I started to type something but it's better left to PM or face to face conversation.

Jeff. State

Banned
Any news on David's case AGAINST the City of Medford? Isn't the going rate of violating a persons rights and wrongful arrest about 25K or more these days???

Would help with his film budgets.

We-the-People

Any news on David's case AGAINST the City of Medford? Isn't the going rate of violating a persons rights and wrongful arrest about 25K or more these days???

Would help with his film budgets.

I think he's trying to find a civil rights attorney to take this on but I also know he is quite busy with other things.