• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mercury News: 74-year-old San Jose, CA man arrested for carrying firearm near school

Wheelie19

imported post

I know this reply is very outdated.....but I had to post anyway. I could not agree with your stance more. If we wish to support UOC we must do so with our brains as well as our bodies (the actual act of OC'ing). Saldana in San Diego only got her idea to propose AB1934 after hearing about groups of OC'ers meeting at coffee houses. There is nothing wrong with laying low, observing and taking our time to make informed decisions. And there is nothing wrong with each of us going about our business as usual. I've been OC'ing here in California for more than ten years. I had only three 12031(e) checks in all that time. Now that folks have been meeting in large numbers in public I've been checked four times in only the past two years. Relax all. Don't cram this down peoples throats.

wewd

imported post

Wheelie19 wrote:
I know this reply is very outdated.....but I had to post anyway. I could not agree with your stance more. If we wish to support UOC we must do so with our brains as well as our bodies (the actual act of OC'ing). Saldana in San Diego only got her idea to propose AB1934 after hearing about groups of OC'ers meeting at coffee houses. There is nothing wrong with laying low, observing and taking our time to make informed decisions. And there is nothing wrong with each of us going about our business as usual. I've been OC'ing here in California for more than ten years. I had only three 12031(e) checks in all that time. Now that folks have been meeting in large numbers in public I've been checked four times in only the past two years. Relax all. Don't cram this down peoples throats.

Were you the fellow who was arrested in Oceanside a few years back, or was that someone else? I think it may have been a Marine stationed at Pendleton who was UOCing his personal sidearm while out and about on the town.

pullnshoot25

imported post

wewd wrote:
Wheelie19 wrote:

Were you the fellow who was arrested in Oceanside a few years back, or was that someone else? I think it may have been a Marine stationed at Pendleton who was UOCing his personal sidearm while out and about on the town.

No, that was bobbarker

pullnshoot25

imported post

Wheelie19 wrote:

No, she got the idea from a single event and added more info as she went along.

This is the link to the event she was inspired from

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009/02/third-san-diego-open-carry-meet.html