• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Brown unarmed shooting in Ferguson, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC for ME

Without a doubt, the best analysis of the Ferguson event I have seen to date.

I wonder how many of you have read the comments by Chris Hernandez in the above link. I do note that no one commented on it. We would do well to emulate him and wait for the FACTS to resolve who did what to whom.

This is not a personal contest between the users of this site as to who got it right with their early "determinations". We have heard a lot of things, some perhaps true, some with no doubt have proved false.

I'll chew on each bit of new claimed information, but I also will wait until the last piece of the puzzle is in place to attempt to describe the entire picture. You could do worse.
Kind of capsulizes my position on the incident. I remain unconvinced that the cop had to reengage Brown after getting injured, regardless of the severity of the injury. Me, being a chicken, I would withdraw and call in reinforcements and a medic. Brown ain't going anywhere. But this is just me.

As to the comments by Mr. Hernandez
This might be a shock to some, but sometimes people lie to protect their friends.
He explicitly indicates that only the "thugs" he has commented on would lie. We all know, or should know, that that is not always the case. The truth, where ever it is, will likely never be revealed. Mr. Hernandez, sounding reasonable, only regurgitates what reasonable people already know. He could have simply said; "Well, I don't know exactly what happened, so I'll withhold "judgement" until the investigation is complete and the GJ completes their work.

I am not impressed with Mr. Hernandez, not that he was put on this earth to impress little ole me.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I posted my source~~CNN

Bwahahahahahaha OMG thanks for the laugh...CNN credibility on ANYTHING has been gone for YEARS.

Considering how many times they have been caught using actors to completely fabricate video I am surprised as high profile as this is that they don't have an "original video of the whole event" yet.

OMG thank you for the morning laugh.

My favorite btw is charles jaco and his fake missile episode gas mask helmets and all, lolol. we got stuck with that liar as a local news reporter lmgdao.

Whew thanks for adding a bit of fun to this thread, it was indeed a needed relief.

sudden valley gunner

Kind of capsulizes my position on the incident. I remain unconvinced that the cop had to reengage Brown after getting injured, regardless of the severity of the injury. Me, being a chicken, I would withdraw and call in reinforcements and a medic. Brown ain't going anywhere. But this is just me.

As to the comments by Mr. HernandezHe explicitly indicates that only the "thugs" he has commented on would lie. We all know, or should know, that that is not always the case. The truth, where ever it is, will likely never be revealed. Mr. Hernandez, sounding reasonable, only regurgitates what reasonable people already know. He could have simply said; "Well, I don't know exactly what happened, so I'll withhold "judgement" until the investigation is complete and the GJ completes their work.

I am not impressed with Mr. Hernandez, not that he was put on this earth to impress little ole me.

“Cops lie. Most of them lie a couple of times per shift, at least.” = Former Seattle Police chief Norm Stamper

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner

In other words how dare he not stand with this brothers in blue!
Borderline broad brush cop bashing. I vote for immediate perma-ban.

:lol:
Quite the opposite really. The point being made is that one chief does not approve of one captain's handling of the affair - that is a very narrow selection.

WalkingWolf

More interesting stuff

The CT scan put up as proof of Wilson's fracture, next to the original image.

CT_Scan.jpg

Apparently Darren Wilson was injured so bad he drove to the University of Iowa for treatment.

Attachments

• CT_Scan.jpg
    CT_Scan.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Bwahahahahahaha OMG thanks for the laugh...CNN credibility on ANYTHING has been gone for YEARS.

Considering how many times they have been caught using actors to completely fabricate video I am surprised as high profile as this is that they don't have an "original video of the whole event" yet.

OMG thank you for the morning laugh.

My favorite btw is charles jaco and his fake missile episode gas mask helmets and all, lolol. we got stuck with that liar as a local news reporter lmgdao.

Whew thanks for adding a bit of fun to this thread, it was indeed a needed relief.

Bwahahahahahahahahahah Hope your still laughing because I certainly am, not at the situation, it is truly sad. But at....

http://www.drudge.com/news/181390/right-wing-blogger-fakes-ct-scan-cops

Right-Wing Blogger Fakes CT Scan of Cop's Skull

The conservative blogger Jim Hoft has been caught faking a CT scan to make it appear as if it belonged to Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Missouri, cop who shot Michael Brown to death after claiming the unarmed teen charged him. The CT scan Hoft published in a blog post claiming Wilson's eye socket was fractured originally had the text "Univ. of Iowa" -- indicating it was not of Wilson at all -- but it was removed and republished. Charles Johnson of LGF writes, "Jim Hoft is busted. Exposed as a fraudster. He should apologize and retract this post, but I know he won't -- because that's not how the Dumbest (and Most Dishonest) Man on the Internet rolls."

357SigFan

LOL. I caught that in the original 'gateway pundit' post about his orbital blowout. Did he or did he not actually suffer an orbital blowout? I don't know. But my ASSUMPTION right now is that they used that do show what an orbital blowout is, and that his medical records haven't been released yet. From what I've heard, he has the right to not release that until it's presented it to the grand jury. :shrug: It wouldn't be hard to prove if he did. We'll see what comes out.

Frankly, I wouldn't consider the 'gateway pundit' any more or less credible than CNN, MSCBC, ABC, etc. All 'news' outlets these days will spin whatever they want to spin, how they want to spin it.

The biggest thing that really doesn't make sense to me is Johnson's claim that Wilson said 'I'm gonna shoot you'. I have a hard time believing that no matter how corrupt/evil/racist/whatever a cop (or any person, for that matter) is, that they would say something like that rather than just doing it - if you have that mindset, why would you warn that person rather than just do it? again.... :shrug:

The CT scan put up as proof of Wilson's fracture, next to the original image.

CT_Scan.jpg

Apparently Darren Wilson was injured so bad he drove to the University of Iowa for treatment.

WalkingWolf

Not only did Wilson drive away ALONE in his own police SUV, he drove off with physical evidence that was vital to the investigation. A ambulance arrived minutes after the shooting and accessed that Brown was dead, yet NEVER rendered aid to the calmly walking around Wilson.

OC for ME

The biggest thing that really doesn't make sense to me is Johnson's claim that Wilson said 'I'm gonna shoot you'. I have a hard time believing that no matter how corrupt/evil/racist/whatever a cop (or any person, for that matter) is, that they would say something like that rather than just doing it - if you have that mindset, why would you warn that person rather than just do it? again.... :shrug:

:shocker:

St. Ann cop suspended for telling a protester that he would "effing kill you" while pointing a sport rifle at the protester. True, the cop did not say "I'm gunna shoot you." (This little kerfuffle is posted in this thread)

Florida cop "informs" a citizen recording him, in a stern manner, "I'll put a round in your azz so quick..." True, the cop did not say "I'm gunna shoot you." (posted in the FL subforum)

Just two examples of cop who displayed great restraint by not just doing it. :rolleyes:

OC for ME

Not only did Wilson drive away ALONE in his own police SUV, he drove off with physical evidence that was vital to the investigation. A ambulance arrived minutes after the shooting and accessed that Brown was dead, yet NEVER rendered aid to the calmly walking around Wilson.
He was in shock.

Firearms Iinstuctor

[B]The biggest thing that really doesn't make sense to me is Johnson's claim that Wilson said 'I'm gonna shoot you'. I have a hard time believing that no matter how corrupt/evil/racist/whatever a cop (or any person, for that matter) is, that they would say something like that rather than just doing it - if you have that mindset, why would you warn that person rather than just do it? again.... :shrug:[/B]

Because you rather have them stop their behavior then shoot them.

twoskinsonemanns

[B]The biggest thing that really doesn't make sense to me is Johnson's claim that Wilson said 'I'm gonna shoot you'. I have a hard time believing that no matter how corrupt/evil/racist/whatever a cop (or any person, for that matter) is, that they would say something like that rather than just doing it - if you have that mindset, why would you warn that person rather than just do it? again.... :shrug:[/B]

Because you rather have them stop their behavior then shoot them.

I'd like to kill you but damn all that paper work lol

WalkingWolf

:shocker:

St. Ann cop suspended for telling a protester that he would "effing kill you" while pointing a sport rifle at the protester. True, the cop did not say "I'm gunna shoot you." (This little kerfuffle is posted in this thread)

Florida cop "informs" a citizen recording him, in a stern manner, "I'll put a round in your azz so quick..." True, the cop did not say "I'm gunna shoot you." (posted in the FL subforum)

Just two examples of cop who displayed great restraint by not just doing it. :rolleyes:

And I completely forgot about the cussing Ohio cop threatening to shoot a person with a concealed permit, all caught on camera.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.