• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan 2nd Amendment March - who's going

lil_freak_66

imported post

im out here now!

we have an OC friendly businessaround the corner from the capitol,a place called dimitri's,we should support them by going there before or after the rally.

im at the library right now,i put the last of my SAM flyers up at a few more businesses,and took a few to the senators.

see everyone soon!

EM87

imported post

I just got back from Lansing and man it was fun! I OCed my G22 and my Mosin-Nagant 91/30, and my buddy OCed his Taurus revolver and 12 gauge shotgun. I left early but I got to see some great speakers and take a guided tour (MSP) of the capitol building!

There were tons of people OCing pistols, and almost as many with long guns! I saw a bunch of AKs and ARs.

lapeer20m

imported post

I had a good time as well. I took lots of photos. I will post them soon.

I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of uniformed police officers. The most uni's i saw at one time today on the entire property was 4, and that may have been shift change.

The event was peaceful, educational, and even entertaining at times.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Nice time today at the Lansing SAM. Met with some of the old faces and a few new ones. Didn't get a chance to meet EM87,Denny or Lapeer20. Some of the members were busy at the booths. Met Bronson, Liland Manicdevery.

WARCHILD

imported post

Open your eyes my son....at the high point when Mike Cox was speaking; there was a semi-circle of 6 LPD officers and 2 LPD cars at the end of the walk on the street.
I believe one of the LPD officers has a crush on me. He had red hair and heavy set; for the last hour, I moved across the lawn 3 separate times and each time I looked he was within 10/15 ft. of me?
Maybe Brian is right....must be the damn hat!:what:

All in all a really good day. My special thanks to Randy for his surprise of bringing an old friend of mine I have not seen in over 40 years. A very pleasant and welcome sight to see you again Jim. Sorry I couldn't find you guys before I had to leave, hope to see you again in the very near future.

ETA: It was nice to finally meet you Jeff, I still owe you a cup of coffee. I hope we can have more interactions in the near future. :D

hopnpop

imported post

Good time, indeed. I didn't introduce myself to anyone but saw some familiar faces. I was standing behind autosurgeon and another fellow with a dressed-up High-Point rifle between the Open Carry and SAM tents. Was nice to see all the OCers. I'm one of those who doesn't advocate long carry at every venue but was good to see them all at this one. Again, good time.