• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

midlothian walmart

thedevilrobyjohn

Just because I really do get off on beating deceased equines:

Let us not forget

which had to have happened some time after you had "just walked in" and were told to leave your gun outside.

Would it be too much to ask that you keep the story straight? Even if it does begin "Once upon a time ...." I'll still enjoy it if it's told well. But the internal inconsistencies make my head hurt.

stay safe.

couldnt reply in a timely manner for some reason, technical difficulties? I had walked to the produce isle and placed a watermelon in my cart....it couldnt have been more than 2 minutes in...thats just walked in to me. no one complained, its false...he just saw me and approached. I had no bug and mom was concealed in the beginning...once we left, she remained in the car while i returned ...not unarmed but not armed with a firearm....to the customer service counter....you all disect and read deeply into things that arent there..the situation as it happened still remains..you and proshooter looked deeply and think you uncovered an inconsistency...you called me out a year ago and I came and met you...im real and my experiences are real....its amazing how many lawyers are on here...i thought it was gun enthusiasts like my self concerned with not being a statistic, not being screwed over...im usually wrong about everything except electrical, suppose no exception now....the manager did call me yesterday but i just dont even care anymore...picking me apart on a computer is no task, picking me apart legally is no task...picking me apart physically...theres the rub. so many discussion boards with roaring bulls and loards of every topic possible..tried to give a heads up at cracker barrel, va bazaar, midlo walmart, etc....im just done.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
couldnt reply in a timely manner for some reason, technical difficulties? I had walked to the produce isle and placed a watermelon in my cart....it couldnt have been more than 2 minutes in...thats just walked in to me. no one complained, its false...he just saw me and approached. I had no bug and mom was concealed in the beginning...once we left, she remained in the car while i returned ...not unarmed but not armed with a firearm....to the customer service counter....you all disect and read deeply into things that arent there..the situation as it happened still remains..you and proshooter looked deeply and think you uncovered an inconsistency...you called me out a year ago and I came and met you...im real and my experiences are real....its amazing how many lawyers are on here...i thought it was gun enthusiasts like my self concerned with not being a statistic, not being screwed over...im usually wrong about everything except electrical, suppose no exception now....the manager did call me yesterday but i just dont even care anymore...picking me apart on a computer is no task, picking me apart legally is no task...picking me apart physically...theres the rub. so many discussion boards with roaring bulls and loards of every topic possible..tried to give a heads up at cracker barrel, va bazaar, midlo walmart, etc....im just done.
We attract more than our fair share of trolls and provocateurs AND what we do is look at circumstances and Monday morning quarterback them - that is giving opinions and looking to improve. No one wishes you to leave, but giving enough information clearly is essential to understanding.

thedevilrobyjohn

We attract more than our fair share of trolls and provocateurs AND what we do is look at circumstances and Monday morning quarterback them - that is giving opinions and looking to improve. No one wishes you to leave, but giving enough information clearly is essential to understanding.

understood....I did write the report uopn re-entering my vehicle before leaving the property...I was angry, upset, wet, just wanted to share and see if this was happening to others, perhaps vent. I should calm down before writing reports.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
picking me apart physically...theres the rub. so many discussion boards with roaring bulls and loards of every topic possible..tried to give a heads up at cracker barrel, va bazaar, midlo walmart, etc....im just done.

If you're done, that's your decision. This board isn't for everyone.

We've met, got along fine and I don't have any problems with you but you have to understand that this is much more than a "gun board". It is THE place to learn about the rights you have to carry.

ProShooter and I are friends but he sure doesn't agree with everything I say and the resulting discussions (Arguments) have changed both of us at times. Same for Skidmark and others here.

There are people I really hate that pop in from time to time but some of the best friends I've ever had are on this board also.

The board is what it is and it's up to you if you stay or not. but if you do, accept the fact that comments about breaking a law (I know you didn't in this case) will be severely criticized. I get called on the carpet more often than people think because I see the Mods in person and they don't pull any punches.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
understood....I did write the report uopn re-entering my vehicle before leaving the property...I was angry, upset, wet, just wanted to share and see if this was happening to others, perhaps vent. I should calm down before writing reports.
Remaining calm and objective in the face of fire is a learned attribute - one that would benefit us all from time to time. That is just an observation, not a personal reference.

Wal-Mart does require an occassional "adjustment" - that is taking care of business, but by and large they are good neighbors.

Once they recognize you as someone that will follow through, you will obtain that "special guest" status :)
I always make it a point to go back and see the offending employee/manager after the issue has been resolved - not to rub salt, but to double check that the information has been delivered and to shake his/her hand......that always helps to add to the good guy image :D

riverrat10k

OC'd at the wallyworld on Forest Hill at 4:30 Sunday morning looking for fly line tippets. They did not have any.

OC'd at the wallyworld on Rt 15 near Orange, VA about 6:00 Sunday morning. They had my tippets.

No issues.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap and I did some grocery shopping at the Parham Rd store about noon on Sunday - no issues.

wrearick

..I was angry, upset, wet, just wanted to share and see if this was happening to others, perhaps vent. .......

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and giving others a heads up. A BIG thankyou for going the extra distance to ensure the situation was addressed with management and hopefully others will have a better experience than you did.

Sometimes even legal behavior generates strong opinions - Whlie it may be legal to leave my weapon locked in my car I generally refuse to do so due to the potential risks involved. I would rather leave and my gun and I shop elsewhere. I respect your decision to go back in and press for info to follow up with management and commend you for your NOT leaving your gun unattended in the car even though you legally could (if I understand correctly your mother (MIL?) stayed out in the car while you finished up inside.

thedevilrobyjohn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and giving others a heads up. A BIG thankyou for going the extra distance to ensure the situation was addressed with management and hopefully others will have a better experience than you did.

Sometimes even legal behavior generates strong opinions - Whlie it may be legal to leave my weapon locked in my car I generally refuse to do so due to the potential risks involved. I would rather leave and my gun and I shop elsewhere. I respect your decision to go back in and press for info to follow up with management and commend you for your NOT leaving your gun unattended in the car even though you legally could (if I understand correctly your mother (MIL?) stayed out in the car while you finished up inside.

thats correct, i knew someone would be higher than him. I called corporate twice and was told the manager Jerry would contact me within three days. I was at busch gardens yesterday when he called my phone twice, it was in the car. He didnt leave a coherrent voicemail, I just heard him and another man in the background twice. I called today several times and was told he was there, I waited as long as ten minutes one time. I finally left my name and number again. I did give the fact to the under manager Saturday that it would not go unresolved. I cant afford to not settle this because we literally spend half of our money at walmart. As lame as it is, its a family outing for us...I get ammo, they get toys, nails, and hair done. I feel spit upon. I will have resolution even though I only go in that particular stiote a handful of times per year...Im going to Ashland wm in 10 minutes to get my meds as soon as I leave work, Ashland and Brook are primary for me. There was a shooting at Chesapeake walmart so im wondering how all of this plays out or if it had anything to do with shift manager paul confronting me?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

taurusfan

One thing to look for in a Walmart is the ones having self checkout those having a lot of crime will not have self checkout and are to be avoided at all costs. :)

TFred

One thing to look for in a Walmart is the ones having self checkout those having a lot of crime will not have self checkout and are to be avoided at all costs. :)
None of the Walmarts (about a 50 mile radius) in my area have self-checkouts. They tried it, but they were removed after a few months. Fine with me, I refuse to self-check-out anywhere until they are paying me $10 an hour to do so...

TFred

nuc65

Activist Member
You might want to take a deep breath, clear your head, and not test the limits of language filters.

No one has said that desiring to protect your family was a bad thing. How you do that and where are considerations though. We do not "deliberately" break the law and we do not violate directives by private property owners.

I am curious about the "canceled my registration" thing - you aren't referring to this site are you?

There are so many old laws, new laws, how do you know?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are so many old laws, new laws, how do you know?
Unfortuneately, that is the kicker. Study hard, act with the intent of following the law, carry a recorder, and have a good attorney on speed dial. What else can I say?