• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee mayor beat with metal pipe

JG

imported post

When I first heard of this before I read about it I thought the perp was a jealous husband who mistook The Mayor for Chief Flynn. :celebrate

All kidding aside, I hope the Mayor comes out of this OK. Just because he doesnt believe like we do doesnt mean he should get the crap beat out of him. In a place like Milwaukee the mayor should not be without a gun or his body guards. Chief Flynn should insist he have his body guards with him at all times. Just my opinion.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

It would be pretty cool if Barrett would change his thinking as a result of the attack upon him. It's certainly a textbook example that illustrates why armed self-defense is a fine idea. So, it could get through his thick skull.

But, likely, ideology will prevent it.

Barrett's much more likely to spin it thus: "If the attacker had had a gun instead of a pipe, I'd be dead. This proves guns must be banned!"

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

keep hitting the comments section, it is looking good. http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=8799#comments

Anyone wanna bet on when the first Anti self-defensecommenter is going to post some ridiculous drivel filled with about ifthe attacker was armed filled with"would've could've" garbage?

The simple fact is that if we would not have been neutered with the current firearm and self-defense laws. The perpetrator would be in custody.

This incident did not happen in Milwaukee, it happened in West Allis!
Anyone seeingany irony here yet? "West Allis! Why do you think you need a gun in west Allis?"

I should have added thisin my original post, My best wishes go outto the Mayor of Milwaukee and I wish a speedy recovery with no permanent damage. I am thankful the rest of your family was not injured in this attack too. Please be careful, and be armed whenever it is legal so you have the ability to defend yourself and loved ones against dangerous criminals. Hopefully expanding the places where we can legally defend ourselves against violent criminals isa priorityyour thoughts.

I bet the suspect is filling his shorts with fecal matter right now upon finding out he attacked the mayor of Milwaukee!, and do you think he would have acted differently if he knew the person he attacked was a large political figure? I don't, because many are too stupid and selfish to care about others.

Why no description of the perp?? I notice most non-caucasion suspects are never described in the news reports? Why do you feel it is that way?

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
"When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away"
Be careful when posting that quote. Saying "only" makes it sound like a good thing. so just put "When seconds count, copsare minutes away."

imported post

I am afraid that if I had been there when the attack started and had recognized the Mayor I would have said "Now ain't that just the shits" and would have strolled on my way.:)

JG

imported post

They dont say that in Ill. They say when you are robbed or raped "call the police and we well take care of it". Another place they want only the police and the criminals to have guns.

GlocksRfun

imported post

It looks like pipe registration will be in effect shortly. Luckily My pipes were bought before April 1, 1995 so they will be grandfathered in. So mine can be over the 12'' permitable with out it being a "class 3" pipe. I better get all the "pre ban" nuts and bolts before this goes into effect, because they'll be 5X more $ afterwards.

ROOK_WI

imported post

I feel forhim, just a bit. Pain is pain after all...

ButI am grinning ear to ear, this does just ooze with irony. One could not make up a better story line for the Mayor of Milwaukee.

I hope it was not a straw purchase for the original owner of the pipe. They might come down hard on the local hardware store around here if they can trace it.

Does anyone know if they sell pipe on the internet out of Green Bay as well?

Maybe they will continue to leave pipe alone, but attempt to tax the bejesus out of pipewrenches.

Nutczak

imported post

Some new video with the mayors brother, commandant Flynn, Chieff S.S officer Divine from West Allis and a few other rights violating elitists.
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/08/16/Milwaukees-Mayor-Barrett/1250453524.html

Imagine this, if we did not have so many BS restrictions on when or where or how we can carry a firearm, the mayor, his wife or someone else in the group or even a hapless stooge that stumbles on the scene legally carrying a firearm. Boom! threat neutralized! Done, over with. And we would not need to supportthis scumbagfor the next 20 years as he serves his jail sentence (if he even gets a year it would surprise me) watching cable TV and being fed 3 times a day and getting free vocational schooling.

Anyone seen a picture of the suspect yet? Allegedly they have him in custody.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Some new video with the mayors brother, commandant Flynn, Chieff S.S officer Divine from West Allis and a few other rights violating elitists.
Sounds like the mayor did reasonably well in stopping the attack.
41.gif

Took some lumps for his trouble.

Nutczak wrote:
Imagine this, if we did not have so many BS restrictions on when or where or how we can carry a firearm, the mayor, his wife or someone else in the group or even a hapless stooge that stumbles on the scene legally carrying a firearm. Boom! threat neutralized! Done, over with. And we would not need to supportthis scumbagfor the next 20 years as he serves his jail sentence (if he even gets a year it would surprise me) watching cable TV and being fed 3 times a day and getting free vocational schooling.

Boom! Done! Over! "No TV for YOU!"

Nice and simple, eh Nutczak?
3.gif

Nutczak wrote:
What does it matter?
39.gif

Otaku201

imported post

I don't know much about this mayor, but if he's as anti as it seems I sincerely hope that he is the ignorant anti and not the evil kind. Then maybe this beatdown will have served a higher purpose. I wish him a slow recovery, so that the pain and soreness may let the lesson sink in.

Nutczak

imported post

HankT wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
What does it matter?
39.gif

Because I am curious, is there a problem with that Hank? If so, maybe you could explain.

Flynn referred to him as a local "Knucklehead" with a lengthy list of priors. Ifthis clownhas a lengthy criminal record with several other ag-bat & assault charges, Why is he out and allowed to be a threat to society?
If this incident did not happen to the celebrity mayor of the neighboring city, it probaby would not even have made the news.

gollbladder13

imported post

GlocksRfun wrote:
It looks like pipe registration will be in effect shortly. Luckily My pipes were bought before April 1, 1995 so they will be grandfathered in. So mine can be over the 12'' permitable with out it being a "class 3" pipe. I better get all the "pre ban" nuts and bolts before this goes into effect, because they'll be 5X more $ afterwards.
I have a new facebook status, thanks to you!

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Because I am curious, is there a problem with that Hank? If so, maybe you could explain.

Flynn referred to him as a local "Knucklehead" with a lengthy list of priors. Ifthis clownhas a lengthy criminal record with several other ag-bat & assault charges, Why is he out and allowed to be a threat to society?
If this incident did not happen to the celebrity mayor of the neighboring city, it probaby would not even have made the news.
He is out in society because Diamond Jim Doyle wants to let these guys out of prison. I mean, they aren't violent or a threat to society.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I just can't help but wonder, why didn't the candy store owner get this much publicity?

Have they even arrested anyone in that case yet? They sure haven't put forth the effort they have in the Mayors case that's for sure!

It seems to be a real pick and choose operation down there in the great city of Milwaukee.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
HankT wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
What does it matter?
39.gif

I know....you're curious about the...color ....um, of his hair.

;)

Nutczak wrote:
Why no description of the perp?? I notice most non-caucasion suspects are never described in the news reports? Why do you feel it is that way?

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Yeah, you make a good point James. People get beaten in Milwaukee every day of the week and it doesn't make the news.

Obviously the news is going to care more because its the mayor, but this is certainly not a rare occurance. Only the media circus is unusual.

As for this guys priors... Well... From what I heard, its drug related and a firearms charge. Obviously someone willing to go beat someone with a pipe is a threat to society.

But I always am a little skeptical when I hear police say "this guy had a lengthy criminal history" because all too often its a bunch of drug related charges. Considering we can't keep cocaine out of the nose of hollywood starlets, and even our fine president has admitted to snorting cocaine, to label someone a criminal just because their drug of choice (cocaine or marijuana) is illegal while our drugs of choice (alcohol, caffeine, etc) is legal is hypocritical.

Again, I don't know specifically what this guys priors were. When I hear about a guy who has prior arrests for battery or assault, robbery... Thats a threat to society.

When I hear police call someone a threat to society merely on a bunch of drug charges (absent any violent offenses) its just a demonstrator of how our justice system can't separate "malum in se" from "malum prohibitum"

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

All kidding aside, I hope the Mayor comes out of this OK. Just because he doesnt believe like we do doesnt mean he should get the crap beat out of him. In a place like Milwaukee the mayor should not be without a gun or his body guards. Chief Flynn should insist he have his body guards with him at all times. Just my opinion.
Mayor Barrett has been a part of the legislative branch of government for a long time before he was elected mayor and became part of the executive branch of government.

As a legislator in the US Congress Tom Barrett voted in ways that prevented people from the opportunity to protect themselves. As mayor of Milwaukee he has used his political influence to prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Even very recently he has been trying to use his influence to pass laws that would prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

While its a shame for anyone to suffer an assault like this, if this incident opens mayor Barretts eyes and he realizes that the laws and regulations he pushes for don't affect criminals and only hinder law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. His having to suffer through this one incident may mean that hundreds of others in the future will NOT have to.

Politicians weild huge power in this country. If ANYONE should have to suffer the consequences of the policies these guys put in place, its poetic justice that THEY should. It doesn't have to be that way but for the needless disarmament of law-abiding citizens Barrett and his fellow legislators enact.

Lastly. I reject the assertion that the mayor should have full time security. There is FAR too much 'elitism' going on. I think its CRITICALLY important that the mayor have the same fear for his safety that EVERYONE ELSE has when they walk down the street at night.

Its essential that the politicians who pass laws "the rest of us" have to navigate should have to live in the SAME envirionment and be encumbered by the SAME restrictions. Its the only way to keep the "ruling class" in touch with reality.

Pal

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Mayor Barrett has been a part of the legislative branch of government for a long time before he was elected mayor and became part of the executive branch of government.

As a legislator in the US Congress Tom Barrett voted in ways that prevented people from the opportunity to protect themselves. As mayor of Milwaukee he has used his political influence to prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Even very recently he has been trying to use his influence to pass laws that would prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

While its a shame for anyone to suffer an assault like this, if this incident opens mayor Barretts eyes and he realizes that the laws and regulations he pushes for don't affect criminals and only hinder law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. His having to suffer through this one incident may mean that hundreds of others in the future will NOT have to.

Politicians weild huge power in this country. If ANYONE should have to suffer the consequences of the policies these guys put in place, its poetic justice that THEY should. It doesn't have to be that way but for the needless disarmament of law-abiding citizens Barrett and his fellow legislators enact.

Lastly. I reject the assertion that the mayor should have full time security. There is FAR too much 'elitism' going on. I think its CRITICALLY important that the mayor have the same fear for his safety that EVERYONE ELSE has when they walk down the street at night.

Its essential that the politicians who pass laws "the rest of us" have to navigate should have to live in the SAME envirionment and be encumbered by the SAME restrictions. Its the only way to keep the "ruling class" in touch with reality.
Amen!!!