• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Misinformed LEO, still?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Well I'd say they (LEO's) didn't take him serious. It also seems to me People Like Hamandeggs, and C-pat, and some others like Kimberguy, and so on would get a little Help from the Ag. I mean he must have heard by now of all these different incidents.

Personally Mike I never meant for this to become personal. I don't care if Cox does or does not get more involved with gun rights. I am not voting for any of the present candidates. I was merely pointing out as I tried in my OP that basically all Politicians Speak with forked tongue. it is the nature of the Job.

The days of the True Statesmen are gone! "It's all about Me" & "How can I get Re-Elected. Of course this is my Opinion nothing more.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
off my topic with your ot stuff please.

back to original thread.

mike, any word on if you were able to send info to the officer?
THIS TOPIC? (Your Topic)
So, I talked to a local LEO the other night, he told me to be careful about OCing, because (and he said this exactly) because of our Lansing OC event, he heard Mike Cox as AG is expected to somehow remove the ability of a CPL holder to OC. He said they are going to do this for "officer safety"

I politely told him that was the most absurd thing I have ever heard, and I would believe it when I see it.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

My Off Topic
Well I'd say they (LEO's) didn't take him serious. It also seems to me People Like Hamandeggs, and C-pat, and some others like Kimberguy, and so on would get a little Help from the Ag. I mean he must have heard by now of all these different incidents. (OC'ing)

Personally Mike I never meant for this to become personal. I don't care if Cox does or does not get more involved with gun rights. I am not voting for any of the present candidates. I was merely pointing out as I tried in my OP that basically all Politicians Speak with forked tongue. it is the nature of the Job.

:?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
It's a matter of fact Mike Cox sent a OC packet of info to every LEO agency in the state. This happened a long time ago.
Mike,

I have never heard of this. I would like to see what he sent. I doubt it happened though.

mikestilly

imported post

Venator wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
It's a matter of fact Mike Cox sent a OC packet of info to every LEO agency in the state. This happened a long time ago.
Mike,

I have never heard of this.  I would like to see what he sent.  I doubt it happened though.

I have been told this many times from good sources. I can ask the campaign and get a confirmation. I'm very certain it's true and it wasn't recently it was a long time ago.