• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry - City Chart-

patriotthad

imported post

Don't rely on the fact that you asked a cop. Go to city hall and look at the ordinance. Many cops do not know the law. I know this due to the fact that a local cop said he would arrest a man for OC. WhenI called the city prosecutor, he asked who had told me that and stated that if a person was arrested for OC that would be in violation of their rights.

patriotthad

imported post

Good idea. Always get names, date, badge# ect. Remember, even though you check at the court house (state statute or county ordinance)the city may be different. Also you can get an out of state concealed carry permit at an agedifferent than MOand MO will honor it:D

HYRYSC

imported post

Sorrows wrote:
So, for the Open Carry, you don't need the Conceal and Carry permit do you?
Depends on the area. In my AO, Fair Grove requires a concealed carry permit to carry open, but Springfield does not. You can find most area ordinances here

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/

or call the city hall in the area in question and ask them to read you the ordinance, or better yet, go look at them yourself and make copies.

Broondog

imported post

please correct me if i am wrong, but i think OC is illegal in Crystal City ( i had always thought so) yet it's on the OK list.

i was fixin to print the code out to carry in my truck in the event it was needed when i re-re-read it. dig this....

http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=10306&sid=25

Sec. 17-94. Firearms and other weapons; carrying, exhibiting, selling to minors, exceptions. (a)It shall be unlawful for any person(s) to carry concealed on or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description; nor shall any person or persons enter into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any schoolroom or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having on or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knuks, billy, sword, cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapon.

at first it says just concealed but then after a bunch of "or's" and commas and such, they throw in 'exposed'.

am i reading this too hard or am i reading that OC is really illegal?

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Your reading to much into it- that just relates to Gov building and schools and such.

Note: sorry for the delay in update been busy, building websites.

Update should be up this weekend, thanks for all the help guys

Broondog

imported post

ComSec wrote:
Your reading to much into it- that just relates to Gov building and schools and such.

i will put Crystal City to the test tomorrow. at the worst it should only be a misdemeanor anyway. ;)

EDIT!

ooops, i read Desoto wrong, or just read the part i wanted to see.

http://www.desotomo.com/City Code/Title 2.pdf

SECTION 215.240: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL
USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other
weapon readily capable of lethal use;
2. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits;
3. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;
**** look at #4
4. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or
5. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of
lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or
activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.
B. S ubparagraphs (1), (2), (4) and (5) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply

patriotthad

imported post

Looks like Desoto is off limits. WE NEED A PREEMTIVE LAW!!:banghead:

It's interesting that thatMO law RSMO 304.010 provides for defense of speeding citations if you are not a resident of the county, but no defense if you didn't know what the local law is on OC?

patriotthad

imported post

Looks like Desoto is off limits. WE NEED A PREEMTIVE LAW!!:banghead:

It's interesting that thatMO law RSMO 304.010 provides for defense of speeding citations if you are not a resident of the county, but no defense if you didn't know what the local law is on OC?

HYRYSC

imported post

Broondog wrote:
ComSec wrote:

i will put Crystal City to the test tomorrow. at the worst it should only be a misdemeanor anyway. ;)

EDIT!

ooops, i read Desoto wrong, or just read the part i wanted to see.

http://www.desotomo.com/City%20Code/Title%202.pdf

SECTION 215.240: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL
USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other
weapon readily capable of lethal use;
2. Discharges or shoots a firearm within the City limits;
3. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;
**** look at #4
4. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or
5. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of
lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or
activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.
B. S ubparagraphs (1), (2), (4) and (5) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply
I am not for certain, but the DeSoto laws look a bit outdated as I read the link you attached, it shows that carrying concealed is illegal, but does not give any exception for a concealed carry permit (which, in some instances, also excepts the person from OC being illegal.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

this one through me but this is what I read,

Sec. 15-116. Possession. No person shall have in his possession except within his own domicile, or carry or use, a revolver or pistol of any description, shotgun, or rifle which may be used for the explosion of cartridges, or any air gun, "B-B" gun, gas-operated gun, or spring gun, or any instrument, toy or weapon commonly known as a "peashooter," "sling shot," or "beany," or any bow made for the purpose of throwing or projecting missiles of any kind by any means whatsoever, whether such instrument is called by any name set forth above or by any other name.

cobbconstruction

imported post

That was quick! I found that too, it just took more reading. I searched firearms, first, then gun, then I found it with carrying...