• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry while driving through

kcgunfan

No it is not. Missouri does not issue nonresident permits, but we do honor all other states. Also, CC in an automobile is explicitly permitted in the statutes.

Is CC legal without permits in MO?? Not as far as I remember/am aware.

I'll have to see if MO issues non resident permits I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DanNabis

Subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section does not apply to any person twenty-one years of age or older or eighteen years of age or older and a member of the United States Armed Forces, or honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces, transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle,

No interpretation of the peaceable journey law is required, this behavior is explicitly legal by state statute. You are exempted from the CC statute if you are over 21 (or over 18 and a other stuff), in a vehicle, you lawfully own the weapon, and it's concealable.

That's great. Thank you for so much help here. I was really clueless at the beginning of this.

DanNabis

A pistol on your hip in a holster while you are in the car = CONCEALED carry not open carry as most think of open carry.

My point is, where open carry is not legal, it is NEVER legal and a pistol on your hip in a car is NOT open carry.

My point was exactly that it changes to concealed carry, not by the officers decision but by numerous cases previously prosecuted and to try and prosecute someone for OPEN CARRY would result in all previous convictions for concealed carry coming (prior to ccw) into question and a rash of wrongful prosecution cases.

In the situation superlite described, taping it to your forehead would make it visible from multiple angles and it would NOT be concealed carry and would indeed be something that you could be prosecuted for under open carry ordinances. Unless the tape covered the entire firearm, then it would remain concealed :)

This does vary somewhat by state as how they define concealed varies

So I'm likely covered if I'm doing what I consider OC (visible on the hip) since it's actually CC and CC in vehicle over 21 is legal in MO.