• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MKE Gal needs help with a lawyer

paul@paul-fisher.com

Do you have a reference to this information?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/98865554.html

Lastly, Schimel noted, Sutterfield might well be able to challenge the legality of her stop by police because she had done nothing illegal at the church and police had no separate reason to suspect that she was transporting the gun while loaded in violation of the state statute. If the stop was not legal, the evidence of the loaded gun would not be admissible.

MKEgal

good news

I got my gun back yesterday.
Also picked up a stack of documentation & a CD with audio & video.
Interesting... especially the APR09 memo about OC.

Last night I made a transcript of the audio, both the phone call & an assortment of radio traffic.
The church ladies did ask for "an officer" to come, because they were "uneasy".
They did ask a couple of times what the law is about OC (but were not answered).

And they said in no uncertain terms that I was not being violent or threatening, information which was passed on to dispatch and then to the responding officers (although the first radio announcement was a MWAG!).

And there are so many errors in what's said as well as what's written that I don't know where to start.

kwikrnu

Banned
I got my gun back yesterday.
Also picked up a stack of documentation & a CD with audio & video.
Interesting... especially the APR09 memo about OC.

Last night I made a transcript of the audio, both the phone call & an assortment of radio traffic.
The church ladies did ask for "an officer" to come, because they were "uneasy".
They did ask a couple of times what the law is about OC (but were not answered).

And they said in no uncertain terms that I was not being violent or threatening, information which was passed on to dispatch and then to the responding officers (although the first radio announcement was a MWAG!).

And there are so many errors in what's said as well as what's written that I don't know where to start.

You can't really do anything unless there was reckless disregard for the truth, malice, or gross negligence.

Have checked to see if they have any intelligence file, BOLOs, APBs, advisory bulletins, etc?