• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MKEgal Is Free

bmwguy11

Depends on whether or not you are referring to a 50/50 chance that she will get her CCW permit today or if it has simply been processed. You said processed but also in the same paragraph implied today. So, the math depends on which probability you are referring to. Hence the confusion. :p If you did not mean to imply today then I apologize as I misunderstood. :)

safcrkr

Uh, might want to double check that math... 50/50 would mean that of the apps remaining (5000), 2500 will get their license today and 2500 will not.

They don't do 2500 licenses per day. It's closer to about 500 it seems on the high end. So it would be more like maybe a 1 in 10 chance. :/

Closer to 800. I know 3 people, who have received their license, whose "issue date" is Nov. 7th. There's a gap of 770 between the lowest and highest number issued that one day amongst those 3. I'm assuming they're issuing the numbers in numerical order as they're approved, and if so, they're doing "at least" 770 per day (unless the low number was 1st issued that day, and high was last issued that day, it's likely more than 800).

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
So, back on track here. Does anyone know how much has been raised thus far for MKEgal? My understanding was that she needs a minimum of $2500 for attorney fees.

MKEgal

I am completely amazed & overwhelmed by the support.
So far there's about $700 donated, the vast majority of which is in the range of $10-$25 per person (one box of ammo)... some can give more, some less, all is appreciated.

I borrowed $500 to give my lawyer today, owe another $1000 by the end of the week, & the rest next week. (Plus repaying Dave for getting my car out of the pokie today, just under $200.)

If they decide to charge ccw, I will be the test case :mad: & her fees will increase.
She's being extremely generous by allowing me to pay most of it after she's actually started working on the case, as well as quoting sort of a "package price" to handle what's happened so far.
(Barring further charges... the DA hasn't decided on that yet).

Mastantuono Law is one of the most experienced firms in re dealing with WI firearms laws.
Probably most famously, they won the pizza guy cc case.

At the request of Grapeshot, I started a thread specifically about donations.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

That's the way I interpreted your statement. If 10,000 received on that day, and, to date, they are around the 5XXX numbers on permits being issued, I'd agree you have a 1 in 2 change of being in that processed pile.

You are correct, but what Grant said she had a 50% chance of getting in the mail today.

It will take another aprox. 14 days to process the other have of all the applications. Lets say they could get the rest recieved on Nov. 2 done in 10 days.
That would have been a 1 in 10 chance, or 10% chance of getting her permit today.

Look at it this way:
11/14/2011 10.0%
11/15/2011 11.1%
11/16/2011 12.5%
11/17/2011 14.2%
11/18/2011 16.7%
11/19/2011 20.0%
11/20/2011 25.0%
11/20/2011 33.3%
11/21/2011 50.0%
11/22/2011 100%

There should be a variable for mail delivery time.

Carmmond

I am completely amazed & overwhelmed by the support.
So far there's about $700 donated, the vast majority of which is in the range of $10-$25 per person (one box of ammo)... some can give more, some less, all is appreciated.

I borrowed $500 to give my lawyer today, owe another $1000 by the end of the week, & the rest next week. (Plus repaying Dave for getting my car out of the pokie today, just under $200.)

If they decide to charge ccw, I will be the test case :mad: & her fees will increase.
She's being extremely generous by allowing me to pay most of it after she's actually started working on the case, as well as quoting sort of a "package price" to handle what's happened so far.
(Barring further charges... the DA hasn't decided on that yet).

Mastantuono Law is one of the most experienced firms in re dealing with WI firearms laws.
Probably most famously, they won the pizzy guy cc case.

At the request of Grapeshot, I started a thread specifically about donations.

I don't have email installed on my computer so I can not follow your links to the pay pal account is there a way I can still donate? I have my first daughter on the way and my wife will be out of work for some time (God willing we want two in a row) but I will put up $50 because I know you would all do it for me and I believe in what MKEgal was doing..... nothing wrong!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I don't have email installed on my computer so I can not follow your links to the pay pal account is there a way I can still donate? I have my first daughter on the way and my wife will be out of work for some time (God willing we want two in a row) but I will put up $50 because I know you would all do it for me and I believe in what MKEgal was doing..... nothing wrong!

Just sign up for a Gmail account....don't have email.....shaking my head....:D

Carmmond

Just sign up for a Gmail account....don't have email.....shaking my head....:D

I have email I just dont download all that crap on my drive......
I use wisconsin road runner webmail.

:)

So the only thing I see from that post is mkegal.legal@yahoo.com.... and with that I can only send an email not pay anything?

Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
When you open a Paypal account, it is done with your email address and linking to a banking account/checking account. If you don't want to set up a Paypal account (a lot of people don't trust it, and I don't blame them. I've been screwed over by Paypal twice, and luckily I have a separate account solely for linking to Paypal) I'm sure if you PM'd MKEgal, she will happily supply you with her address, and she would be thankful for the support.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
When you open a Paypal account, it is done with your email address and linking to a banking account/checking account. If you don't want to set up a Paypal account (a lot of people don't trust it, and I don't blame them. I've been screwed over by Paypal twice, and luckily I have a separate account solely for linking to Paypal) I'm sure if you PM'd MKEgal, she will happily supply you with her address, and she would be thankful for the support.

You don't have to link your banking account, although it is an option.

MKEgal, perhaps Wisconsin Carry or your attorney would be willing to accept checks on your behalf.

Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Hmm.... When I tried to send over the funds from the account that I started, I had a sending limit of ZIP. They wouldn't allow me to send money, even though it was in the Paypal account, until I had linked an account to it

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I've used Paypal for years, and had no problems sending her money to her account either. The problem was the account that I started for her bail out fund. I handed over the log in info to her to use at her discretion, but I couldn't simply forward the money from that account to her without linking it to an account.

A lot of people have issues linking banking accounts to paypal, and I don't blame them.

Curmudgeon

I've used Paypal for years, and had no problems sending her money to her account either. The problem was the account that I started for her bail out fund. I handed over the log in info to her to use at her discretion, but I couldn't simply forward the money from that account to her without linking it to an account.

A lot of people have issues linking banking accounts to paypal, and I don't blame them.

I've never had an issue, but I've heard plenty of horror stories. I guess it also bears mentioning that although I've been using them for years, my use is sporadic. I can't imagine trying to operate a business depending on them.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just be sure when sendng money via PayPal that you use the PERSONAL button and mark the donation as GIFT. That way PP does not carve out a user fee.

I'm now looking at Ramen noodle dinners for a week. Not that I'm complaining - in fact I just might be bragging. I know I owe a debt that can never be repaid, but hopefully this will make a small dent in what I owe for the kindness of strangers that helped me out.

MKEgal - these are for you {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

stay safe.