• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MLive article on SB59

WilDChilD

Well except for this one.

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.Sec. 234d.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:
(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
(b) A church or other house of religious worship.
(c) A court.
(d) A theatre.
(e) A sports arena.
(f) A day care center.
(g) A hospital.
(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
(b) A peace officer.
(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.

Thats what I was talking about but wasnt sure I knew what I was talking about

xmanhockey7

From the sound of it you have a CPL so why disarm? just OC when you pick them up. With me there are so many kids and parents around no one even sees your carrying most of the time. this is why I am not 100% behind this bill but also not against it either becauce I can still OC in the same places.
We in my opinion should not have to do the extra training and pay more money just to CC when we can OC in the same, place with out all the wasted time and money. What really changes? your CCing I'm OCing, we both are there to do the same thing, watch a show or pick up chitilins, what have you and we both have our guns. I still dont understand why you would want to pay and take all that time out of your busy life to do the same thing I am at no extra cost.
I am in support of the bill because it does not change anything for me but will help the CCers out and I consider them teammates in our battle (I dont believe they think the same for OCers) but I will help them. By the way whay is a cc bill so important in a OC forum anyway? I think we should be fighting for the carry of weapons any and everywhere we want toin this state.
I still thank the Q for his time and effort, I still contacted my senator in support, I did not mean to offend anyone or cause an arguement form this just stating my opinion and how I have fealt your years. I also know my spelling and gramer and puncuation suck so you dont have to remind me of that thanks to anyone who wants to be a smartypants.

I don't know about you but when I OC I like to carry a BUG concealed. So for me I'd like the ability to carry my BUG concealed if I go to a place listed under 28.425o. Plus I may be in a situation where I don't want to OC but rather CC I want to be able to CC in just as many places that I can OC.

quarter horseman

I don't know about you but when I OC I like to carry a BUG concealed. So for me I'd like the ability to carry my BUG concealed if I go to a place listed under 28.425o. Plus I may be in a situation where I don't want to OC but rather CC I want to be able to CC in just as many places that I can OC.

I completely understand that wanting to cc into certin places, I want to too and as I said I do support this bill, I just dont like all the extras money and time we have to go thru. It is another baby step closer to our goal of no PFZ's, and as we are all showing the media and paranoid people, gun carying folks are no threat. we all need to keep up the good work. Again I thank the folks who have the time to go fight for us all.