• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Annual Membership Meeting

WARCHILD

imported post

It would seem that "honey and vinegar" would apply here but.....

Is this how we convince someone to join MOC. They post their personal concerns for their hesitation to join and instead of pointing out more positive reasons why they should join, they only receive negative responses....
How do you think that will work for us?

I have talked to Bikenut about this more than once. He has some valid concerns and has been experiencing some of them lately.... negative reactions to new people or someone who has a negative concern about MOC.

Our goal should be to present the positive things MOC has done and the benefits the "members" help to contribute to MOC.

I don't think the posts in this thread are doing much in the positive direction.

JMO

B

Bikenut

imported post

Venator wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
Sigh...

For myself, as an individual who OC's everywhere every day all day long, when MOC grows up I'll consider adding my efforts to their goals. Until then I'll not associate myself with an organization that is so............... disorganized.

Am reading this right you want nothing to do with MOC until
its more like MGO,NRA and then maybe you'll add your efforts to the goals?
Missed your question the first time through... I'll answer you Sir.

I would not hitch my buckboard to a sick horse and expect to not have to walk to town.... and expect not to have folks laugh at me when I got there.

Edited to add:

And if I have to walk to town anyway... what do I need the horse for?
What I'm hearing, is it's all about you. Don't let fear stand in your way of helping a fledgling organization. Many people waited until the founding fathers were on the way to success before they "hoped" on that sick horse and joined the new Republic.
Yes, in a way it is all about me... and all about each and every individual who is out there working to put individual rights back into the consciousness of the public using OC as a vehicle... MOC member or not.

It really is all about the individual and the individual's efforts....... it is not all about MOC... which is what I'm hearing from you.

Without the individual there is no MOC... but without MOC the individual carries on.

OC really isn't about MOC... or me... or any one individual... or carrying a gun in plain sight... or even educating the public about carrying a gun in plain sight. OC is about waking up the public to the concept that they have the "right" to carry a gun... and by extension there are other "rights" they also have.

While I'm sure some folks were fearful of joining the Founding Fathers... I'm also sure there were some who understood that unless those Founding Fathers had their crap together joining them would cause a loss of individual progress and a loss of individual effectiveness. To put it another way... they knew the goal was to get to town and they most certainly would get to town one way or another but they waited to see if the horse could pull it's weight before just keeping on walking because if the horse was sick it would just slow them down. Once they saw that the horse was indeed healthy they jumped on and together, horse and rider, got to town faster.

Please note that in the above example of horse and rider... what was important was getting to town... not the horse... and not the rider.

MOC has has been involved in some excellent progress in the past and has the potential to make great strides in the future. Now... the question isn't whether or not I'm such an arrogant jerk that I expect MOC to measure up to my standards... the question is.....

Will MOC get it's act together and measure up to the standards the cause itself demands?

If it can, and if it will, a great many will come.

If not (and putting internal business on an open forum fostering an opportunity for negative responses and/or pissing contests is a NOT!)... well... I for one will.............

Carry on!....... as Yooperlady and I walk to town.

Edited to add:

If what I just said in this post is not understood... then there is no point in explaining it further.

WARCHILD

imported post

Yes, take a walk to town. The scariest thing I can think of, is someone coming across you and have you say "I'm in DEW withdrawals, go away"! :what:

B

Bikenut

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Yes, take a walk to town. The scariest thing I can think of, is someone coming across you and have you say "I'm in DEW withdrawals, go away"! :what:
I am NEVER without Mt. Dew.... not ever!:D

And yes... Yooperlady and I will continue to walk to the goal of getting individual rights back into the consciousness of the public...

As we know you, and many others, will also.:)

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
It would seem that "honey and vinegar" would apply here but.....

Is this how we convince someone to join MOC. They post their personal concerns for their hesitation to join and instead of pointing out more positive reasons why they should join, they only receive negative responses....
How do you think that will work for us?

I have talked to Bikenut about this more than once. He has some valid concerns and has been experiencing some of them lately.... negative reactions to new people or someone who has a negative concern about MOC.

Our goal should be to present the positive things MOC has done and the benefits the "members" help to contribute to MOC.

I don't think the posts in this thread are doing much in the positive direction.

JMO
What is honey and vinegar about?

B

Bikenut

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
The old adage..."Catch more flies with honey than vinegar".
But isn't time fun when you're having flies?:p

mikestilly

imported post

Won't be able to make it. I'll be here!

4581839669_b17cfaf363_o.png

FatboyCykes

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
I was gonna go, but then i seen that Lamb Of God is playing at mayhem, so i decided to go to that one, and LOL lil_freak, i actually like country too
Safe to assume they're not a Christian rock band eh?