• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Picnic-Lansing area Sept. 11th with charity fund raising.

TheQ

My God you are right only .22s allowed?????? WTF. I called and it's a "training" center and MSU would only allow .22 and air guns. What a bunch of crap. And they want $1,100 for a yearly family membership.

Other suggestions for if it rains? I know they have pavilions, Tyler are they big enough to cover 30 people?

If we want to go shoot, I hearby invite MOC Members and Forum Regulars to my gun club in Dimondale (about 5-10 miles from picnic site). I will act as RSO. The club has 2 pistol ranges (25 Y) and a rifle range (50, 100, 200 Y).

Cost: Good behavior and pick up your own brass.
Type of ammo allowed: any

Aside from that, we plan to bring a strawberry dessert concoction.

TheQ

If we want to go shoot, I hearby invite MOC Members and Forum Regulars to my gun club in Dimondale (about 5-10 miles from picnic site). I will act as RSO. The club has 2 pistol ranges (25 Y) and a rifle range (50, 100, 200 Y).

Oh -- it is an outdoor club, though firing lines are covered.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator

So, I could bring tracer ammo? ;)

Radioman

OK .. Looks like work is going to play nice. Which is nice, gives me the chance to look for new toys in Monroe and then head out for the Picnic.

So I see that Autosurgeon is down for Burgers also. Guess I'll change and bring Potato Salad and Slaw of some variety.

See everybody there.

Radioman

Radioman

Well if you want to Hit the Monroe Gun show first then I will be passing your way. I'll PM you my number. I was figuring on hiting the gunshow about 10:30 or so and being Lansing bound by noonish.

Radioman

TheQ

Due to rain and no open pravillon we've moved to Burchfield County Park.

881 Grovenburg Road
Holt‎ MI
United States

Near Harper and Grovenburg

toyamabarnard

I had planned on coming and bringing the kid. I ended up going in for knee surgery today, so I'm kind of laid up in bed. Sorry I missed it, I hope you guys had a great, uneventful time.

lil_freak_66

Most of the pics i took were blurry(its an auto focus)
but heres the pics which are viewable.

TheQ and CarlottaValdez
48767829.jpg

the rear of many people's head.
cb29f905.jpg

Gordy Dibler,Founder of The Fouty Foundation.
789adabe.jpg

Autosurgeon and another guy i dont know.
0aa8f62a.jpg

I had a GREAT time,though there was location and weather problems(**** happens,eh?)
As usual,the people are good,the food is good(TheQ,can i get some more of that angel food strawberry stuff?)
And we got to help donate over $100.00 to a charity organization!

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I want to thank all who braved the rain and adapted to the location change. Some participants coming from as far away as Muskegon, Lawrence, St. Johns, and several from the Metro Detroit area. It's always great to see old friends and to meet new ones.

Kudos to the Ingham County Parks and their Director who personally stepped up to find us an alternative park with a pavilion. He and his staff went out of there way to make our picnic so much better.

As was stated we did raise some money for a Michigan veterans organization, so it was worth it.

Thanks again.
Brian

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Wish I could have been there, but work has been a bit of a PITA lately, we had 2 people leave, and they only replaced one of them so far, so I've been having to work extra hours.

Hopefully, by the time the next one is organized, my schedule won't be so erratic.

TheQ

Most of the pics i took were blurry(its an auto focus)
but heres the pics which are viewable.

TheQ and CarlottaValdez
48767829.jpg

As usual,the people are good,the food is good(TheQ,can i get some more of that angel food strawberry stuff?)

You have a knack for catching people with their eyes closed, don't you?

I think we can arrange a portion of that dessert for you some time you are over.